samurai, ninja and beruseruku

puella

Berserk forever
yesterday I watched 'Samurai Spirit' documentary on TV.
It was quite interesting! and of course it reminds me of berserk.
the documentary shows me Samurai and Ninja history which have still existed till now.
I think bereserk and their history have something in common.
the points are

1) they are always ready to die for their master just as the Hawk members deeply worship Griffith
2) they are never afraid of death; this is very important part of Samurai Spirit.
3) the revenge; they must do that for their honor.

but having said that, the above may belong to Knighthood or Chivalry in Middle Ages.

Do you think that there are many similarities between berserk and Samurai or Ninja?
If so, what are they?

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I do and I don't. The Japanese culture prides itself on discipline. Do as your told no questions asked. Do what is right for the greater good (whatever the shogunate deems to be the greater good). Berserk is not like that. Even Griffith who seemed on the outside to be the most "normal" of the hawks is not as strict or as discipline as those who were in the samurai class. If Griffith was he wouldn't have made the mistake of seducing the princess when in due time he would have been king. Also in Berserk honor doesn't seem to be paramount. Berserk pretty much would describe honor like this: unnecessary responsibility. It's treated as somewhat of a burden- a barrier that gets in people's way of being successfull. It's hard to classify or compare berserk to other things because berserk has no boundries. Feudal Japan lives and prides itself on being able to function (and function well) within it's self created boundries. That's a difference I see right off the bat between both worlds.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Samurai and ninjas were warriors able to reach the top of human potential. The berserker (that is known in every culture, albeit under different names) was a man that turned to primeval animal power by means that some could define shamanic. He did wear a animal skin and was supposed possesed by the spirit of said animal acquiring the strenght and ferocity of the beast. The legend of werewolves was possibly originated from them. If you have the possibility buy "Cuchulain of Muirthemne" of lady Agusta Gregory and you will understand (and you will read of a man able to give Gutts a run for his money)

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Did I mention Setanta is my childohood hero, and nick while playing UT(when I ain't Zodd)...

Being very fond of the irish, I always liked that character, even tough, he's more than a berserker...

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
My favorite Samuria is Jubei from Ninja Scroll and the guy in Blade of Immortal.  My favorite samuira movies include seven samurai and lone wolf cub.

My favorite ninja movie is Iron Monkey, althrought they r chinese.

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Muira did his own interpetation of ancient Japan in his other manga called Oh-rah where there is samuria.

Here is a site with some pics:

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Garden/5797/frame.html

Another manga called Japan remind me of Fist of the North Star.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Muira did his own interpetation of ancient Japan in his other manga called Oh-rah where there  is samuria.

Here is a site with some pics:

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Garden/5797/frame.html

Another manga called Japan remind me of Fist of the North Star.

It should. Same guy wrote it :)
(Buronson)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Did I mention Setanta is my childohood hero, and nick while playing UT(when I ain't Zodd)...

Being very fond of the irish, I always liked that character, even tough, he's more than a berserker...
You mean him Cuchulain( the hound of the smith) I love him too

Top Bottom