Upgrading Guts' prosthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already got a cannon built in, if you could alter it to either replace that further or improve it, how would you do this?

Remember when Guts turned down that Axe that was powered by Gnomes? Seems like a waste to give something like that up, he wasn't going to use it, and no what else there was suited to use, even so, I still wanted to see that thing in action. At most, what I really wanted to see what the little guys powering it looked like. Anyway, how's the idea of guts getting his prosthetic enchanted with Gnome sound to the you?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=4523.0

and

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=3453.0

Have similar discussions.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Badass mode ash said:
Remember when Guts turned down that Axe that was powered by Gnomes? Seems like a waste to give something like that up, he wasn't going to use it, and no what else there was suited to use, even so, I still wanted to see that thing in action.

That axe wasn't "powered by gnomes" but enchanted (and in fact we don't even know for sure what earth elementals are called yet in Berserk). And the whole point of the scene was that he didn't accept it. It's what makes it cool, even though everybody wanted to see it in action.

Badass mode ash said:
Anyway, how's the idea of guts getting his prosthetic enchanted with Gnome sound to the you?

I don't think your idea could work, for many reasons. It's just not that simple.

What do you mean, upgrade - dude has a canon in his arm. Admittedly, chainsaw would be awesome, but then, of course, his sword would have to be replaced by a shotgun.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bekul said:
What do you mean, upgrade - dude has a canon in his arm. Admittedly, chainsaw would be awesome, but then, of course, his sword would have to be replaced by a shotgun.

But that'd be a downgrade.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
You know what upgrade I really wish Guts had kept? That Hat he wore when he killed Griffith's hired goons after his Coronation/Faked Death.
That Hat was so cool I don't see how anyone could just throw it aside after wearing it.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Forest Wraith said:
You know what upgrade I really wish Guts had kept? That Hat he wore when he killed Griffith's hired goons after his Coronation/Faked Death.
That Hat was so cool I don't see how anyone could just throw it aside after wearing it.

Lol. Yea really. Such a cool assassin attire he had on that night. One of Guts best outfits.

I can't imgaine what its like when Guts goes into rampage with that beautiful hat on top of his beast looking head...

just imagine that on top of Gut's head in volume 31 cover... :schierke:

Forest Wraith

Smith said:
I can't imgaine what its like when Guts goes into rampage with that beautiful hat on top of his beast looking head...

just imagine that on top of Guts head in volume 31 cover... :schierke:

Well, if you want to be a little serious about it I kind of would have liked to have seen him keep it up until the Eclipse. It's not like it would have survived that. It was a great hat but obviously not as great as Guts. . . .
Yet you call it a Beautiful Hat, so you liked it too then?

Forest Wraith said:
Well, if you want to be a little serious about it I kind of would have liked to have seen him keep it up until the Eclipse. It's not like it would have survived that. It was a great hat but obviously not as great as Guts. . . .

It looked like a pimp hat.

Forest Wraith said:

Beautiful was a bit exaggerated, nevertheless it does look cool...

You never know, when Guts finally battles Irvine and take him down, he will walk over to his dead body, pick up his hat and say: "Thanks"

Forest Wraith

Badass mode ash said:
It looked like a pimp hat.

I have to disagree on principle, it was the medieval style that made it so awesome.

Smith said:
Beautiful was a bit exaggerated, nevertheless it does look cool...

You never know, when Guts finally battles Irvine and take him down, he will walk over to his dead body, pick up his hat and say: "Thanks"

Hahaha! Well, that would work best as a running gag. Say that Guts had actually kept the previous hat only to lose it. It would be hilarious and awesome but a little too goofy. Especially since he probably wouldn't face Irvine until a critical moment in the story.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
Hahaha! Well, that would work best as a running gag. Say that Guts had actually kept the previous hat only to lose it. It would be hilarious and awesome but a little too goofy. Especially since he probably wouldn't face Irvine until a critical moment in the story.

Are you suggesting that Irvine's hat resembles the one Guts wore at the time? Because it doesn't.

Forest Wraith

Aazealh said:
Are you suggesting that Irvine's hat resembles the one Guts wore at the time? Because it doesn't.

No, it was Smith that compared the two. Although, now that I think of it, Irvine's hat does seem to bear a passing resemblance to the version that Guts wore in the anime: But I am well aware that these are three completely different hats we are discussing.

Forest Wraith said:
No, it was Smith that compared the two. Although, now that I think of it, Irvine's hat does seem to bear a passing resemblance to the version that Guts wore in the anime: But I am well aware that these are three completely different hats we are discussing.

We dont come across that much hats in Berserk so it wouldn't be surprising if Guts picked up one from the enemies he defeated (That is provided if he really craves for a hat to wear)...

This is quite a stupid little discussion, so I'll join in.
Guts wont wear another hat.. ever, unless another situation arises where he absolutely has to dress formally and even then the chances are miniscule. Also Guts would look retarded with Irvines hat, a top hat would be a lot more amusing. :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Donald Shimoda said:
I think it would be interesting if he could fire a bunch of those small spike bombs instead of a cannon ball at an apostle.

He can already throw them by hand, and I'm not sure they could be propelled without exploding anyway. The cannon has its own advantages.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
More than an attack power up or an upgrade for his arm, I would just consider Guts' melancholic words observing his iron hand in episode 287, as a Miura's point of view to express the irreversible event of men's lives.

For that reason I think that his artificial arm will be the same till the end.

Daijyashin said:
I would just consider Guts' melancholic words observing his iron hand in episode 287, as a Miura's point of view to express the irreversible event of men's lives.

Maybe the reason he made a point of that, was to make it seem even more significant if/when Guts somehow regains his left forearm. However its probably more likely that won't happen.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
To me Miura has always underlined this aspect..in many parts..for example, after the Puck's speech to Vargas(When Guts takes the Beherit away from him),that sounds nice and hopeful, but then after a bit he has been executed by Count.

It's a pretty harsh sight, but it quite realistic.

Oburi said:
Lol. Yea really. Such a cool assassin attire he had on that night. One of Guts best outfits.

idk pimp hat and suit vs. crazy ass berserker wolf/skull dark evil armor thing :chomp: which one sounds more intimidating

if your a whitebread walkin' around in camden you might wanna worry a lil bit unless your buying what he's selling (which doesn't look that good) but guts isn't a womanizer and than there's guts world where if you don't look like some kind of walking living/undead nightmare your screwed half the time.

CnC

Ad Oculos
crazyfuck said:
idk pimp hat and suit vs. crazy ass berserker wolf/skull dark evil armor thing :chomp: which one sounds more intimidating

if your a whitebread walkin' around in camden you might wanna worry a lil bit unless your buying what he's selling (which doesn't look that good) but guts isn't a womanizer and than there's guts world where if you don't look like some kind of walking living/undead nightmare your screwed half the time.

you might want to structure that into something more comprehensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom