similarity? repetition?

puella

Berserk forever
I think there are several similrarities in the manga as the story is developed.
Is there any possibility it is some kinda repetition which is intended by Miura for some reason?
Anyway here's my pick-ups at random. it is about both character and situation.

1) Mule sama : young Griffith

2) Isidor : young Guts or Corkus -_-;;

3) A young girl(not know her name) in episode 193;
young Caska

4) Guts and Farnese : Young Griffith and Caska

5) Godo : old and old Rickert -_-

6) Griffith's new legion : the Hawks

7) in episode 190 Caska attacks Guts with sword :
the same in vol 9 just before they make love

and then there is always 'kiss' in both scenes.

8) it's your turn.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I was pondering about your post and sought similarities
but can we really say Guts and Farneze : young Griffith and Caska ? i don't think so .... there's a lot of differences, including Farneze's faith , and whatever you say Guts isn't Griffith at all
I think too Rickert won't follow the same path Godo did
for Griffith's new legions : the Hawks, i'd not name it repetition but kinda evolution

I 'd like to say even though i don't agree with these "similarities", i enjoy your posts which make review and preview Berserk's things in many diverse ways ::)

puella

Berserk forever
I 'd like to say even though i don't agree with these "similarities", i enjoy your posts which make review and preview Berserk's things in many diverse ways  ::)
thank you.
you can be in disagreement with everything.
that's why people make a thread. 8)

puella

Berserk forever

so this is reason enough for you to say the _hawks_ and griff's _new band_ are similar?

..... ??:)
Well, I think the point that Griffith makes many kinds of mecenaries get together to come true his dream is quite similar to the Hawks and Griffith.

I want your opinion.
If you disagree with me, tell me why. ::)

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I think there are several similrarities in the manga as the story is developed.
Is there any possibility it is some kinda repetition which is intended by Miura for some reason?
Anyway here's my pick-ups at random. it is about both character and situation.

1) Mule sama : young Griffith

2) Isidor : young Guts  or Corkus -_-;;

3) A young girl(not know her name) in episode 193;
young Caska

4) Guts and Farnese : Young Griffith and Caska

5) Godo : old and old Rickert -_-

6) Griffith's new legion : the Hawks

7) in episode 190 Caska attacks Guts with sword :
the same in vol 9 just before they make love

and then there is always 'kiss' in both scenes.

8) it's your turn.

I see the Mule Sama- Griffith one. It's visually obvious. I don't know his story so I can't say for sure they are similar but visually I do see a resemblance.

Guts and Farneese? I see where you get the Idea from but I don't quite see that strong of a similarity.

Isidro is just flat out comic relief. No one other than Puck had that role. I don't see a major Corkus or Guts connection in other that there males.

ruru

nani?
I agree with the similaries of Griffith's new band with the Hawks. If for no other reason than they are both instruments in Griffith's dream. Both are to be used in order for Griffith to get his country and rule. I think it is also kind of refreshing as this band might be cast aside in order for Griffith to acheive the dream as the Hawks once were.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I agree with the similaries of Griffith's new band with the Hawks.  If for no other reason than they are both instruments in Griffith's dream.
that's probably the only thing they got in common.
yet the fact that they're aiming at the same goal - that is to realize griff's dream - this doesn't implicate the _bands_ are similar.

now start to think of the characters taka no dan consists of (caska, judeau...)
and now think of the members of griffith's new formation. (locus, dragon knight)
and now try to think of _any_ connections between the characters of both bands... anything?

and now think of the members of griffith's new formation. (locus, dragon knight)
and now try to think of _any_ connections between the characters of both bands... anything?
Zoddo = Guts
Sonja = Casca
Grunveld = Pippin

I'm not sure about the others...
If Mule joins Griffith, he could be a new Rickert.
Irvine could be a new Judo. Or maybe Rakshas, in a very wrong sort of way. ^^

Actually, I'm not sure at all we're supposed to draw that kind of connections, but the Zoddo/Guts one is, in my opinion, obvious.

ruru

nani?
I also think the Zoddo / Gatsu Connection is obvious.

Way back when in Taka no Dan what was it that Gatsu wanted to do.....fight...get stronger....

Zoddo is looking for that opponent that will rock his world..heh.

Both just wanna scrap.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I also think the Zoddo / Gatsu Connection is obvious.  

Way back when in Taka no Dan what was it that Gatsu wanted to do.....fight...get stronger....

Zoddo is looking for that opponent that will rock his world..heh.

Both just wanna scrap.

???

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Actually, I'm not sure at all we're supposed to draw that kind of connections,
i really doubt it.

but the Zoddo/Guts one is, in my opinion, obvious.
i disagree.
they appear to be the same sort of character, but i think they're actually differ from each other a lot.
i mean zoddo is for sure fulfilling guts' previous task, but i'd say that griffith considers zoddo as a tool, while guts was once the closest thing he had to a friend.
besides guts' and zoddo's goals are different.

they appear to be the same sort of character, but i think they're actually differ from each other a lot.
I never said they were the same character. ^^;
But it certainly looks like Zoddo took Guts' place in Griffith's new army. That's what I meant.

Zoddo = Guts
Sonja = Casca
Grunveld = Pippin

I'm not sure about the others...
If Mule joins Griffith, he could be a new Rickert.
Irvine could be a new Judo. Or maybe Rakshas, in a very wrong sort of way. ^^

Actually, I'm not sure at all we're supposed to draw that kind of connections, but the Zoddo/Guts one is, in my opinion, obvious.

I concur except I think Rakshas would be a parallel of Corkus. He seems to be a little arrogant from what he said about wanting to have Griffith's head for himself, but in the meantime just protecting him. It sounds like some Corkus style denial because we all know Griffith isn't going to let some double jointed freak of an apostle finish him.

And Grunweld will never be as smooth as Pippin. ;)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
i got several points to discuss

i have always thought of the similitude between Zoddo and Guts, for so many reasons, like their rebellion in their respectively bands though they're too linked/slaved by Griffith ( Guts have never been able to reject Griffith merely and completly and stayed "the right arm") and his Newborn form ( see how assubjected Zoddo is : the theory which explains he didn't replace his horn as to show his devotion to White hawk-Griffith and the same rank as Guts in the army )

About Sonja = Caska, i don't know what thinking since Grunbeld saved her and Mule from lower apostles saying she was some holy girl ( did he reffer merely to her psycho powers or something more important that will occur next chapters? )it is from 194 page 15. Olivier, if you find Grunbeld didn't say anything like this at this very moment, go in summary194 thread and seek the guy who let out this few words :D At any case Sonja seems more mysteriously than Caska ( as every apostle to the taka no dan men, when we're thinking of it...)There is so much to learn about these new Griffith's pawns, i'm wondering what he'll make of them

About Mule, i don't think he could be a Rickert merely because Rickert was a "hearty follower" of Griffith, whereas Mule seems more distant from this army, he closes his fist hardly and all... Yet i just now see a connection to the young Guts when he kills Dan and fight Griffith for the first time, he really hated all of them. However, he gazed at their camp after his recuperation, and saw how was their "village" ( i'm referring now to the chapter 193 when Sonja and Mule are close to the forest and Mule ponder about their village, and conditions of life in it )

And about Rakshas i really don't know so i shut up

Top Bottom