Could you handle the brand?

Or rather, how well do you think you'd be able to deal with it if you ended up with it placed on you, going under the idea of the supernatural being real, and something you'd have to get used to facing on a regular basis.

1. You are dropped into the world of Berserk with a fully functioning brand.

2. This happens to you here in this world.

Whats the first thing you think you do in either situation?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Another stellar thread.

You're instantly fucked if, by your, I'm "no Guts". He, Caska and maybe another (unconfirmed) are the exceptions.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You'd all be dead after being branded and subsequently devoured. However, I run a website in the name of Skull Knight, the only one qualified to rescue a human from a sacrificial ceremony after the branding was done. He'd save me to prolong his legend. I rule.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Another scenario- Let's say the Godhand paid you a visit right now, in todays world, and offered you the power of an apostle. Would you do it? sacrificing the thing you love most of course. It was said in the Griffith and love thread that Griffith isn't a sadist really, just human. Could you turn down the Godhand if they paid you a visit when you were at your lowest? I'd like to think I would do the right thing, especially if the object being sacrificed was really close to me, which it would be. But I just can't say for sure.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
An instant "No way! Get the hell out of my room, Wally" from me.

The glitz and the glamour of being an apostle quickly dissipated after Ganiskha revealed that he's making wombs out of them. The only rewarding part would be to serve under Griffith, but we all know how well that turned out for the last band of merry men.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Could you turn down the Godhand if they paid you a visit when you were at your lowest?
No, that's the whole point: The Godhand choose the time when there's no reason for you NOT to accept.

yesmilord

千年王国
Is this a joke?

I'm pretty sure if any one of us were branded we'd get owned instantaneously. I mean, if I were Chuck Norris that'd be a different story...but I'm not am I?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
yesmilord said:
I mean, if I were Chuck Norris that'd be a different story...but I'm not am I?

Realistically Chuck would die in a matter of seconds. Even more realistically if Chuck sees this he'll sue you like the chuck fact website.

I can only think of two people that stand a chance Bruce Campbell and Mr Roger.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Peregrine_Falcon said:
Besides, who wouldn't want to be able to transform into a homicide machine made of phallic imagery?

That's why I play AVP! Anyone ever seen H. R. Giger's original artwork? Extraterrestrial lifeforms are completely composed of dick apparently.

We live in a much more peaceful time then the Berserk world so there wouldn't be as many tormented spirits at night right? And we have medication and insane asylums for our little episodes right? Living in with the brand wouldn't be that bad, except for the incubi maybe, can they pass through solid walls? Lock your door at night, take your pills, and there we go!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
That's why I play AVP! Anyone ever seen H. R. Giger's original artwork? Extraterrestrial lifeforms are completely composed of dick apparently.

Apostles aren't all about phallic imagery though. Only the lame ones. :void:

Okin said:
We live in a much more peaceful time then the Berserk world so there wouldn't be as many tormented spirits at night right? And we have medication and insane asylums for our little episodes right? Living in with the brand wouldn't be that bad, except for the incubi maybe, can they pass through solid walls? Lock your door at night, take your pills, and there we go!

Are you sure about that? A more populated world means more spirits, and violent deaths aren't rare in our world. Ultimately I guess it depends on where you live. As for incubi, walls aren't very useful against them I'm afraid.

I would do the most sensible thing; strive to find Guts before nightfall and mooch off of him and his group. After all, he's become such a softie, so how could he turn down a child?

But the Count refused to sacrifice his daughter, so there is a case of someone rejecting to do the sacrifice. Hmm the chance of being an apostle :beast:, I think the only way I would accept is if it happens like with the Count, where he hated/loved his wife.

slayer81

Legendary pimp, slayer of evils
You mean, besides having a mark that puts you on the menu for a bunch of slathering apostles, coupled with the fact that its gotta hurt like hell, oozing blood & serum all the time? Given what we know about the brand, I'd have to agree with the popular opinion of just about everyone here. I'd be f***ed, unless SK intervened and pulled my ass out of Shit Creek, but I'd take down as many as I could in the process. However, if SK did intervene, I'd haul ass and find Guts YESTERDAY :chomp:

Top Bottom