the one Guts loses

puella

Berserk forever
It's 12 o'clock here, my Christmas day's gone. :-/
before sleep, I jump out of the bed and turn on my computer because maybe I miss so much berserk tonight.
thousands of ending scenes come up on my mind at random.
but I think one thing is definite-- Guts is destined to lose something at the final fight.
Of course we hope Guts will be able to get everything-- his love Caska, his life, his victory over Griffith, his dream and the like.(uh-oh I dropped Puck, Guts' best friend ^_^)
but it can't be realized by Miura in berserk as we know from the story going on.
Then what is the one Guts might lose in the end?
I'd think it's Caska whose death can make the story most tragic for Guts.
Adding one more reason, Guts should go alone all the way as a swordman in my opinion even though he can never get to love forever. but the love of his friend and girl is the most essential part of life in his mind forEver.
Anyway Guts can realize what his true dream should be only after the revenge.
berserk is about two men's god damn dreams as I said several times. but they are quite different each other because one dream is ultimately positive but the other isn't even formed yet.
In short, this story can be said "a long journey to find out Guts' real Dream" as well.
I digress so I put my question once again.

What will Guts lose in the end?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
puella = paradiselost?
griffith.jpg
...who's...really...acting...like ...paradise...,dear?  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :p
    not WANTED!

Puella wasn't causing any trouble, she was only sharing her thoughts and opinions about Berserk, that’s what we all do here, and she shouldn’t be mocked for it. Kidding around is one thing, but that was uncalled for.
To answer your question, Puella, I think Guts will lose an enemy and a friend in the same instant.

-Griffith

puella

Berserk forever
puella = paradiselost?
Puella wasn't causing any trouble, she was only sharing her thoughts and opinions about Berserk, that’s what we all do here, and she shouldn’t be mocked for it. Kidding around is one thing, but that was uncalled for.
thank you, Griffith.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Come on, a little casual humor never hurt anyone.  ::)
Of course not, but humor is usually characterized as being funny. :)

I mean, that wasn’t particularly lighthearted or playful; it was a lot less “casual” than it was malicious, even if you didn’t mean it to be. I have no problem with us making fun of each other, especially when there is so much great material around here (Vampire Hunter Bob ;D), just make sure the other person is in on the joke.

-Griffith

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Of course not, but humor is usually characterized as being funny. :)

I mean, that wasn’t particularly lighthearted or playful; it was a lot less “casual” than it was malicious, even if you didn’t mean it to be. I have no problem with us making fun of each other, especially when there is so much great material around here (Vampire Hunter Bob ;D), just make sure the other person is in on the joke.

-Griffith

huh ??? Puella = paradise....nah she's to smart.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
He might loose his life because of Theresia!?

Guts might find out that ones dream is not the most important thing in life.
So he might "loose"(drops)his dream to regain independance again.
what i am trying to say it that if u really follow ur dream u kind of depend on it in order that u gotta set or change ur life towards the dream and therefore loose any kind of freedom concerning any decicions associated with life.

However there are also little dreams that u can have but with those it is different.if u follow such a "little"dream u can still leave doors open and change ur mind if u want to.
but if u decide to follow a big dream like griffiths f.ex.u gotta step in one door and go straight ahead no matter what the road is like or what u r facing there;u ll move on till u reach ur dream or die!

So i just realized that there is no life without dreams cause only the dreams put sense in ones life no matter how big or small they are.
it might be most important then to realize what dream is the "right" one for oneself.
I guess guts will then not just drop his dream but change it!?

Really don t know what i am exactely writing;i guess i just think loudly!This is a very complex topic and if u really think about it u get weird cause there isn t an ultimate explanation is there?

puella

Berserk forever
Guts might find out that ones dream is not the most important thing in life.
So he might "loose"(drops)his dream to regain independance again.
what i am trying to say it that if u really follow ur dream u kind of depend on it in order that u gotta set or change ur life towards the dream and therefore loose any kind of freedom concerning any decicions associated with life.

However there are also little dreams that u can have but with those it is different.if u follow such a "little"dream u can still leave doors open and change ur mind if u want to.
but if u decide to follow a big dream like griffiths f.ex.u gotta step in one door and go straight ahead no matter what the road is like or what u r facing there;u ll move on till u reach ur dream or die!

So i just realized that there is no life without dreams cause only the dreams put sense in ones life no matter how big or small they are.
it might be most important then to realize what dream is the "right" one for oneself.
I guess guts will then not just drop his dream but change it!?
good post!
and I think it would be better, too if you explain how your message below can be related to your post.
"I do not only want to live because I was born, but because I have a dream!" :)

maximus

good post!
and I think it would be better, too if you explain how your message below can be related to your post.
well yesterday i again watched the anime of berserk till 16 and again some interesting questions appeared in my mind(i will post some of them when i find the time)
yet I just heard those words of how griffith explains his dream and i really could take this for myself perfectely!
So as i said or tried to explain before:A dream is the "highest form"of giving ur life a sense!I guess there are people who live without following a dream but still got an aim or sense in their lifes.
As far as i am concerned,i had a dream... but that would get too far!
However having a dream doesn t put u on a higher level or give u the opportunity to act like someone with" higher level" and looking from above;but u gotta stay on ur very two feet and do what u gotta do for the only person that is concerned:
URSELF!
Sometimes people completely change,fall into lonleyness or even commit suicide if they fail in realizing their dreams.
but ones should never forget that a dream stays a dream if it won t become truth and there are more than only one.
u gotta stay kind of flexible,serious or realistig no matter how strong or bad u follow ur chosen fate,so that u have always a open door left(could be for example a friend,relative,other dream..) to be able to "escape" into safety when u fail.

???

maximus

Sometimes it is impossible to end a dream!
that would be the case when too many people are involved!
=Griffith
Martin Luther King had also a great dream and even if he would have liked to, he couldn t wake up himself cause his dream,has grown too big and important.
besides u always owe ur followers!

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
It's 12 o'clock here, my Christmas day's gone. :-/
before sleep, I jump out of the bed and turn on my computer because maybe I miss so much berserk tonight.
thousands of ending scenes come up on my mind at random.
but I think one thing is definite-- Guts is destined to lose something at the final fight.
Of course we hope Guts will be able to get everything-- his love Caska, his life, his victory over Griffith, his dream and the like.(uh-oh I dropped Puck, Guts' best friend ^_^)
but it can't be realized by Miura in berserk as we know from  the story going on.
Then what is the one Guts might lose in the end?
I'd think it's Caska whose death can make the story most tragic for Guts.
Adding one more reason, Guts should go alone all the way as a swordman in my opinion even though he can never get to love forever. but the love of his friend and girl is the most essential part of life in his mind forEver.
Anyway Guts can realize what his true dream should be only after the revenge.
berserk is about two men's god damn dreams as I said several times. but they are quite different each other because one dream is ultimately positive but the other isn't even formed yet.
In short, this story can be said "a long journey to find out Guts' real Dream" as well.
I digress so I put my question once again.

Hard to say. He could lose Casca or lose his mind. I think Guts dream is to be left alone with a normal Casca. That's it. He doesn't seem to be the type to ask for the moon and the stars. I think he wants to put down his sword and live a quiet normal life. Not to say Guts can't be manipulated into being something else. Something Far worse than Griffith. It's so hard to say really. I'm a betting man so I place higher odds on Guts losing his mind over him losing Casca or his own life.

puella

Berserk forever
I'd like to add one more topic.
"the one Guts gets"
I think it is hard to say, too.

I get to feel sorry for Guts more and more these days because I think he's been losing something good day by day.
Most of all he loses much Love for his friend and girl though it is true that the former still remains a little bit and the latter is tried to keep by him.
I do hope for him to get something precious to help him lead a good life.

maximus

I'd like to add one more topic.
"the one Guts gets"
I think it is hard to say, too.

I do hope for him to get something precious to help him lead a good life.
What would be a "good life" like,for guts?

P

paradiselost

...thanks a lot for all the humor things you wrote before about me! I like humor, and I'm able to joke about my "strange" things...like...
..."dear"..."see you"..."..."..."my friend"..." ;)"..."kiss you"...

...this is simply my way of being, I don't want to be offensive, or to offend anyone...it's simply that I'm in this way...

...and, most of all, here in Italy, all these things are not misunderstood in the way of many of you misunderstand them...they are only a kind of joke, or, more exaclty, is my way to be...

;)

...coming back to the topic, I can say that, in my opinion, Gatts 'll loose a lot in all this story...

...I can't agree with people who says that Griffith 'll die, or that Caska 'll die, or that Gatts 'll die...

...these solutions are too easy ones, I don't believe that Miura is so simple...

:-/

...Berserk is like the real life, at the end...
...sometime you win, sometime you are defeated, however, the show must go on...

...so, maybe my point in this case is:

...it'll be not important who or what Gatts'll loose...

...I keep for Griffith in berserk, but at the end I have to admit that what is important here is that "the show must go on, however"...

...'cause, the show is what is really important, at the end, not Gatts, Griffith, Caska or the others...

puella

Berserk forever
...I can't agree with people who says that Griffith 'll die, or that Caska 'll die, or that Gatts 'll die...

...these solutions are too easy ones, I don't believe that Miura is so simple...
I know what you mean but my topic is just one of speculations.
We can put anything relating to berserk no matter how simple, complicating, odd , easy it may be.
that's why this board exist, I think.

P

paradiselost

...of course, puella...

...I was only giving my opinion about the topic...

;)

maximus

Peace of mind I guess...
so the question is:"How can Guts get peace of his mind?"

by following a new dream?
through living without a dream?
or just living in peace after clearing or finishing things up?

Is Guts able to get peace,freedom or independece "again" even if he really aims it?

maximus

...if Gatts is "the Berserk", well, he can't have peace...
maybe miura finds a way and makes it possible...
I myself can t imagine how but...it would be great cause i guess guts somehow deserves it,does he?

Top Bottom