News Alert Hitler/Will Smith drinking buddies

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/20071223/ten-smith-hitler-was-a-good-person-c60bd6d_1.html

Will Smith has stunned the world by declaring that even Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler was essentially a "good" person.
(Advertisement)

The Men In Black star, 39, is determined to see the best in people, and is convinced the former German leader did not fully understand the extent of the pain and suffering his actions would cause during his time in power in the 1930s and '40s.

He says, "Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'Let me do the most evil thing I can do today'.

"I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good'. Stuff like that just needs reprogramming."

Hitler's totalitarian leadership as Fuhrer during 1934 until his eventual suicide in 1945 resulted in the persecution of an estimated six million Jews in the Holocaust, and his invasion of Poland in 1939 led to the start of the Second World War.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well the article really sensationalizes what the Fresh Prince actually said. What he said wasn't that profound: Hitler wasn't consciously evil, or an agent of SATAN. Great.

Hitler's totalitarian leadership as Fuhrer during 1934 until his eventual suicide in 1945 resulted in the persecution of an estimated six million Jews in the Holocaust, and his invasion of Poland in 1939 led to the start of the Second World War.
YaHoO's final paragraph here struck me as more ignorant than Will Smith. Way to stick it to those naughty Persecution Camps!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Well the article really sensationalizes what the Fresh Prince actually said. What he said wasn't that profound: Hitler wasn't consciously evil, or an agent of SATAN. Great.

True, I just liked the stunned the world bit that yahoo said at first. But shit I didn't see that crap at the end of the article.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I was totally stunned when I heard about it. Which is when I read this thread. No, seriously, I get what he's saying. Nothing special, like Wally said, just the sort of stuff you usually discuss with your friends on sunday afternoons after the seventh beer.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Yeah I was totally stunned when I heard about it. Which is when I read this thread. No, seriously, I get what he's saying. Nothing special, like Wally said, just the sort of stuff you usually discuss with your friends on sunday afternoons after the seventh beer.

But it's a monday afternoon and I haven't started drinking yet.

Oburi

All praise Grail
willsmithcopyku2.jpg

Shot at 2007-12-24

Now that my photoshop working on my new computer I'm having too much fun.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
"Listen here, sugar tits!!!" :chomp:
"You motherfucker! I'm going to fuck you! I OWN MALIBU!"

Man, I forgot how hilarious this shit was. Yahoo's sensationialism of Will Smith's Hitler feelings can't even begin to compete with the candidness of this trainwreck.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22394263/

Yep, he''s understandably pissed for having his quote misconstrued. Fucking Internet journalism...

S

smoke

God, you can't compliment Hitler at all these days...

Who cares!? I'm going for it

- Hitler was a great orator.
- He helped unify a struggling nation.
- His mustache was perfect.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
smoke said:
God, you can't compliment Hitler at all these days...

Who cares!? I'm going for it

- Hitler was a great orator.
- He helped unify a struggling nation.
- His mustache was perfect.

What the Hell is wrong with you? His Mustache looked like he'd cut off a lock of his own hair and glued it on the front of his face. I mean, sure I can understand and agree with everything else you're saying but that's just going too far. . . .

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
This is being taken out of context. He's simply saying no human acts out of intentional evil, and I actually agree with this. Hitler likely believed he was helping Germany become a stronger nation using his twisted own logic. Will Smith doesn't seem at fault, but its just not a safe topic to discuss.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
This is being taken out of context. He's simply saying no human acts out of intentional evil, and I actually agree with this.

Some people are just cruel or spiteful and act in accordance.

Top Bottom