Azan and his reaction to...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Badass mode ash said:
Just how do you think he'll react if he finds out about Schierke being a witch, and Farnese having become her student upon asking her?
He'll surely be surprised. But he's already renounced his Holy See allegiance. So, I don't exactly expect him to light up a torch. And again, he's not 100% "all there" these days (or at least is acting differently), so I doubt he'd really even care one way or another.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Walter said:
He'll surely be surprised. But he's already renounced his Holy See allegiance. So, I don't exactly expect him to light up a torch. And again, he's not 100% "all there" these days (or at least is acting differently), so I doubt he'd really even care one way or another.

"Hey Roderick? Who set the mast on fire? Oh. . . . ":isidro:

Seriously, it will probably go like the conversion of the Abbot of Enoch Village. He's not a dangerous fanatic, so if anything, He'd just be horrified at first and unsure if he can continue to associate with her. It would be up to her and Schierke to convince him that it's alright.
On the other hand, there is a distinct possibility that he was expelled from the Holy Iron Chain Knights: Considering his appearance and how furtive he's been acting. In that case, he'd have no obligation to do anything and at most would ask Farnese and Schierke some pointed questions.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
the Abbot of Enoch Village.

The guy wasn't an abbot, you're giving him too much credit. =)

Forest Wraith said:
He's not a dangerous fanatic, so if anything, He'd just be horrified at first and unsure if he can continue to associate with her.

I'm not sure he'll even be "horrified". Shocked, sure, because Farnese was the leader of the H.I.C.K., but after all the stuff he's seen at Albion for example I doubt it'll be much of a problem. He was never a fanatic anyway, even among the H.I.C.K. he was rather temperate. That being said, he'll probably behave hilariously when he'll learn about it, for comic relief purpose of course. :guts:

Forest Wraith said:
On the other hand, there is a distinct possibility that he was expelled from the Holy Iron Chain Knights

It was already confirmed that he had been kicked out of the Holy See in episode 286.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Badass mode ash said:
How likely do you think it will be for Azan to join Guts' group full time along with the others?

I'd say very likely. I've personally been waiting for years for it to happen.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, like Aaz said, I think it's pretty inevitable he'll join at this rate. We've been anticipating it since we saw this little drawing, WAY back in 2001 (before any of these kids had joined Guts):

dia01nenga.jpg

I think it's also worth pointing out that it won't surprise Azan TOO much that Farnese has changed, since he already saw the seeds of that change following Albion, back when he was sober.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Badass mode ash said:
If Azan's going to join the group he'll have to get an enchanted weapon like the others, he's going to need one with the way things are going.

Well, I'd say he can take care of himself with his good old metal quarterstaff, but if he were to need a magical weapon (why not along with Casca or even Roderick) I'm sure he'd have no problem finding one in Elfhelm.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Aazealh said:
Well, I'd say he can take care of himself with his good old metal quarterstaff, but if he were to need a magical weapon (why not along with Casca or even Roderick) I'm sure he'd have no problem finding one in Elfhelm.

Speaking of magical weapons I wonder what powers the Axe had that was meant for Guts? I know Azan wouldn't use that type of weapon but it would be nice to know that the magical went into Azan's possession.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xbigvmanx said:
Speaking of magical weapons I wonder what powers the Axe had that was meant for Guts?

I think we all do, but unfortunately we'll probably never know. The best chance we have would be for them to find another magical weapon in Elfhelm with similar abilities.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Badass mode ash said:
Maybe a club or mace.
That wouldn't really fit Azan's fighting style, since he uses a two-handed quarterstaff (which does somewhat resemble a mace).

xbigvmanx said:
Speaking of magical weapons I wonder what powers the Axe had that was meant for Guts?

I got a feeling that Axe is something with a Earth based elements...

Like Aaz said, we probably will never know at all...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
I got a feeling that Axe is something with a Earth based elements...

Well we do know its power was based on the Earth element, it's clearly stated in the manga. It's the details of that power we ignore.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Aazealh said:
Well we do know its power was based on the Earth element, it's clearly stated in the manga. It's the details of that power we ignore.

Is there any real indication that the Guardians of Flora's Tree-House were directly related to Earth Elementals? Would it be reasonable to extrapolate that Earth-Elemental spirits would at least look similar, even though we still can't really guess what their abilities would be through that example?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
Is there any real indication that the Guardians of Flora's Tree-House were directly related to Earth Elementals?

They were made from Earth and Water. The symbols were carved on their chests.

Forest Wraith said:
Would it be reasonable to extrapolate that Earth-Elemental spirits would at least look similar

Not really.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Badass mode ash said:
I'm worried about Azan giving Schierke grief.

Azan is a truly chivalrous knight. He defends good against evil. Schierke is a fundamentally good person, more innocent than most people in the Berserk world. So there's just about no way he'd give her grief. In a comic twist, he might be a bit suspicious or afraid of her magic (or of other magical stuff in Elfhelm), but I don't think there'll be a real problem between them. There sure hasn't been any so far, and they've been on board of the same ship for a while.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
In a comic twist, he might be a bit suspicious or afraid of her magic (or of other magical stuff in Elfhelm)

That'd be awesome. It's something I could totally see Miura doing. :ganishka:

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
OP your talking like Azan was a fanatic through and through, he's not unlike Farnese in that he found his way toward religion as a reaction to events in his life (he says it was something like people he was protecting betraying him).
He had very obviously been shaken from his faith after Albion and even said as such.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Justamos3 said:
Azan is quite strong so perhaps he could kill enough weaker spirits with his quaterstaff and embue it with demonic energy. :azan:

That would be a very long and unlikely process. I think it's more probable he will receive equipment while in Elfhelm.

Top Bottom