Crysis

just beat it... i had to play this game a little at a time cause i just lost interest far too often along the way... of course, i did have to play it with all the graphics settings on low (like most people i assume)... without having eye melting graphics to look at, the game was droll... when i first started seeing previews of the engine, i thought that you would be able to pick up cars, chuck em and really interact with the environment but nope, just another fps with random useless objects strewn about... how do you people feel about this game?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't played it myself, I'm waiting for a time at which I'll be able to enjoy the graphics. Regardless, I heard only good things about it, even putting aside the graphics.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hell, my PC won't even run Doom 3 yet. This game looks cool though. Getting rave reviews and all. I'll check it out in 2015 or so.

Psymont 2.0 said:
just beat it... i had to play this game a little at a time cause i just lost interest far too often along the way... of course, i did have to play it with all the graphics settings on low (like most people i assume)... without having eye melting graphics to look at, the game was droll... when i first started seeing previews of the engine, i thought that you would be able to pick up cars, chuck em and really interact with the environment but nope, just another fps with random useless objects strewn about... how do you people feel about this game?

Its a badass game to me, and as opposed to what you said, this game was too short for me , i completed it in less than 3 days (there goes my SG50 bucks)

Anyway for the rest who have yet to try, it's something like BF 1942, except for much sharper graphics and more complicated gameplay...

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well I just started playing it. It _is_ really beautiful to look at and I'm enjoying the combat (AI's kinda dumb, tho). Story seems pretty lame to me so far.

I missed the boat (yuk yuk) on Far Cry so these huge environs with lots of different ways to approach an enemy are quite fun to do and the suit powers really make things interesting. I'm falling into a bit of a rut with just cloaking, shoot a guy, cloak, shoot the next, cloak... rinse and repeat.
I think if the graphics weren't top notch this would be a 7 so far.

CnC

Ad Oculos
sry for the double post. I'm pretty far into it, and rather than give another review I'll just say that, once again, this guy sums up my feelings on the game pretty much perfectly:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2808-Zero-Punctuation-Crysis

And the idea for using the crytek engine for Shadow of the Colossus: Be still my beating heart! :guts:
cheers

I am now the proud owner of a beasty system as of yesterday, and it was quite clear the first game I would be playing was going to be Crysis to test it all out with. It's a very beautiful game needless to say. The control and action feel is quite good, AI is impressive and the suit modifications are well made. This is one game where the graphics assist the environment enough to really add to the gameplay, IMO.

Despite this, the gameplay in itself is nothing particularly new or revolutionary. It still manages to feel like quite the standard first person, and even moreso like Far Cry. Although you can tell that it was not made similtaneously for consoles. The story is also nothing special, but at least the voice acting is a few steps up from Far Cry. I'm not far into it yet, but it's clear the sort of game it is from what I've played and what people have been saying.

As I have been in suspended animation in regards to the newer games of the last 2 odd years, it's quite acceptable for me to play a good ol sexy looking first person. Even after my gaming break it still feels very familiar. I think had I had more variety I'd probably be less impressed, but overall it's good fun. My system runs all the graphics at high (not very high) in a decent resolution without problems thus far, and I'm now running a Quadcore Q6600, 8800GT, 2Gig DDR 800 and a 22inch LCD.

CnC said:
I'm pretty far into it, and rather than give another review I'll just say that, once again, this guy sums up my feelings on the game pretty much perfectly:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2808-Zero-Punctuation-Crysis

Yeah he always seems to be on the ball with his reviews, I'm glad he is among our people over here. ;D

In particular, I agree totally the engine should've taken advantage of a more non-linear gaming style.

Top Bottom