GoGoGo questions

puella

Berserk forever
my questions are

1. the relationship between Puck and Skull Knight

2. Caska's race

3. Guts possessed - why miura show this?

4. Griffith's humanity

5. Farneese and Serpico's role

6. differences between two types of apostle
- for example Mozgus and Wild
Mozgus and his men didn't seem to have beherit but transformed into apostles I'm so curious.

7. demon child's gender

8. reborn Griffith has his parents'(Guts ,Caska, Femto and other evil things) personality ?

9. Caska was raped by evil monsters except Femto in eclipse?

10. Serpico's emotion for Farneese
love beteween guy and girl or brother and sister?

so much for today but it won't stop~

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
my questions are

Ones an ex-emporer with ties to the afterlife, and the other is a happy naked elf. End of story.
2. Caska's race
As far as anyone is going to accurately speculate (based on what we know of her family as revealed in volume 7) she is eurasian just like Guts. Shes just really really tan.
I dont quite understand why Miura shouldnt show this aspect of Guts...It is foreshadowing to what the darkness is trying to make him do, and what Guts is really feeling inside.
4. Griffith's humanity
None left. He is pure ambition. Anything left inside of him with humanity within it is because of the Demon Child, as evident in Chapter 182.
Past, Present or Future?

Past: Farneeze was leader of the Holy Iron Chain Knights. Her father had an affair with a woman and she consequently had Serpico. Serpico is enlisted in the HICKS. THey meet, and become...siblings of sorts.

Present: Farneeze and Serpico have given up on the Vatican because of the events in Chapter 165-175 (mozgus's fall) and are now travelling with Guts, as per Farneeze's request (serpico wont leave her side)

Future: I dont speculate about things I dont care about.
Mozgus wasnt an apostle. He was "enhanced" by the Beherit-Apostle. Wild is a true breed apostle, just as the snake baron, Roshinu, Count, and Zodd are.
Fine with me.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
my questions are

2. Caska's race

4. Griffith's humanity

Mozgus and his men didn't seem to have beherit but transformed into apostles I'm so curious.

7. demon child's gender

8. reborn Griffith has his parents'(Guts ,Caska, Femto and other evil things) personality ?

As for Casca's race my friend speaks to the Art of War sculpter regurally(who's tight with Miura) who's asked Miura the "Casca Origin" question. Miura says that Casca is "Mediterranean". Pretty Vague considering that the Mediterranean covers alot of ground! :eek:

He also said that her skin color wasn't an indication of race but his attempt at making her look more exotic. ;D I hope this helps!

As for Casca's race my friend speaks to the Art of War sculpter regurally(who's tight with Miura) who's asked Miura the "Casca Origin" question. Miura says that Casca is "Mediterranean". Pretty Vague considering that the Mediterranean covers alot of ground! :eek:

He also said that her skin color wasn't an indication of race but his attempt at making her look more exotic. ;D I hope this helps!
Interesting. Caska looks Spanish or Italian to me, so I guess that works. Either way, I'm glad Miura decided to make her exotic because a brunette Farnese look-alike would just not be the same.

puella

Berserk forever

quite a good answer to me, thanx.
I'd thought Caska is mid-Asian girl.
and Miura's comment makes my day~ Caska is "Mediterranean"
Wow! that's my Miura, who i want the most tragic ending from.
Personally i don't want happy ending because it doesn't go along with the manga till now, IMHO.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
my questions are
4. Griffith's humanity

Well... *grins* I have to disagree with Walther there. I think that Griffith has all his human emotions there again now when hes flesh. I think he's just VERY out of practice. It's not like he's in the most stimulating company to show them either... Miura tends to take the hardest path for his poor characters, and a Griffith without feelings would be too simple. Just another bad guy.

Hmmm? I think the poor demon child got all absorbed. Or perhaps rather imprinted... I think that Griffith's personality is way too strong. But... who knows? This is just my views

I'm of two minds about that. When I saw the anime the first time I'm sure that she was. But... I guess it all depends whether the demons really did save her for Femto, or whether he arrived just to have his 'fun' with the leftovers. I think... that she wasn't raped. Admittedly what demon would resist a chance like that... but she looked far too coherent when Femto arrived. I guess it was just threats and major groping as evident of the wounds...

Oh he's in love alright... *grins* Reminds me of Judeau in that respect. 'Sure I love her... but am I going to tell her when she looks as me just like his brother? No way!'

Kenoh-Sama

quite a good answer to me, thanx.
I'd thought Caska is mid-Asian girl.
and Miura's comment makes my day~ Caska is "Mediterranean"
Wow! that's my Miura, who i want the most tragic ending from.
Personally i don't want happy ending because it doesn't go along with the manga till now, IMHO.

I'd rather not see a tragic ending for berserk. I'm not a tragedy lover or take the "It's only good if it's tragic" route (If you love Tragedy check out Jin-Roh. Greatest voice acting EVER!!!)I want Guts to Have a happy ending. He deserves it. When I read Berserk I root for him. With all the hell he's been through it's hard not to root for him. As a character he deserves the happy ending more than any fictional character I've ever read.

puella

Berserk forever
I'd rather not see a tragic ending for berserk. I'm not a tragedy lover or take the "It's only good if it's tragic" route (If you love Tragedy check out Jin-Roh. Greatest voice acting EVER!!!)I want Guts to Have a happy ending. He deserves it. When I read Berserk I root for him. With all the hell he's been through it's hard not to root for him. As a character he deserves the happy ending more than any fictional character I've ever read.
yeah, definitely i want happy Guts in the end, too.
but i just say in a way of Oriental mood especially Japanese.
I've met many tragedies in Japanese art-works which have nihilistic ending. So my thoughts went that way though I don't love tragedy.Sometimes a tragic ending makes me doing nothing for many days.
i.e: the Titanic, terminator, Alan-Delong's(forgive my wrong spelling) many sad movies :'( :'( :'(

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
As a character he deserves the happy ending more than any fictional character I've ever read.
I admit you're right. I feel quite the same way. But perhaps Miura wants to show us how ironical and unfair life can be, and leaves us alone with our emotions (depressions?) after a dead end.
By the way, that's what I thought after having watched episode 25, unaware of the fact that a manga exists, that continues on from that point. :p

Kenoh-Sama

I'm pretty sure he's not taking the "show how cruel life can be" route. If he is than why am I reading about a guy who's set up to fail? I'm pretty sure he has an ending to satisfy the masses. :)

puella

Berserk forever
I'm pretty sure he's not taking the "show how cruel life can be" route. If he is than why am I reading about a guy who's set up to fail? I'm pretty sure he has an ending to satisfy the masses. :)
good call but i hazard to say one thing death doesn't mean
"fail" but sorta "extremity". yeah death could be the most nihilistic ending though.

Kenoh-Sama

Whatever the ending I'm pretty sure Guts won't die. That seems to one of his character traits. He should be dead but isn't. Ever since his birth it's been like that. Not to say there aren't worse things than death in Guts' case but I think he'll be alive by stories end. :)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Whatever the ending I'm pretty sure Guts won't die. That seems to one of his character traits. He should be dead but isn't. Ever since his birth it's been like that. Not to say there aren't worse things than death in Guts' case but I think he'll be alive by stories end. :)
what about griffith? does he have to die?
and what about the possibility one of them dies as a martyr - sacrificing himself in order to accomplish his destination?

Kenoh-Sama

what about griffith? does he have to die?
and what about the possibility one of them dies as a martyr - sacrificing himself in order to accomplish his destination?

Griffith has to die. There is no one character in Berserk who deserves to die more than him. He's the emodiment of selfishness. He hides his selfishness in the guise of "his dream" but that doesn't excuse his acts. He doesn't seem to be the type to redeem himself in the end. Why? He thinks he's in the right. So he has to die.

As For anyone of them having a martyr's death...Possibly. But I don't see any character fitting that bill. Guts can't, Casca I don't see, Griffith.. Hell no. The Only one who might possibly fit that role is Skull Knight but we don't even know his story yet. Not to say anyone of those guys is out of the question but I just don't see it.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Griffith has to die. There is no one character in Berserk who deserves to die more than him.
well... how about adon? ;)
He's the emodiment of selfishness. He hides his selfishness in the guise of "his dream" but that doesn't excuse his acts. He doesn't seem to be the type to redeem himself in the end. Why? He thinks he's in the right. So he has to die.
maybe griffith deeply apologizes just before gatsu intends to kill him. there's also the possibility that griffith suicides.

As For anyone of them having a martyr's death...Possibly. But I don't see any character fitting that bill. Guts can't,
why not?
maybe shortly after griffith understands that what he did was wrong, gatsu's sacrificing himself for him, symbolising Gatsu thinks back to the Taka no Dan-times where griffith helped him out more then once.
or maybe the the other way round: this action of sacrifice makes griffith see that what he did was wrong. keep in mind that Gatsu really meant something to him...
Casca I don't see
again: why not?
imagine how "berserk" gatsu could go, because that eventually happens...

furthermore i want to add, that i don't consider an ordinary fight between gatsu and griffith at the very ending with our protagonist killing his former friend as being kind of exciting or thrilling.
there has to be something else...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith has to die. There is no one character in Berserk who deserves to die more than him. He's the emodiment of selfishness. He hides his selfishness in the guise of "his dream" but that doesn't excuse his acts.
...I think you missed the point, and got caught up in being pissed that he killed your favorite character, Corkas.

Griffith never asks to be excused. He fully accepts that what he does is wrong, but theres "no point in worrying about sins", when the only thing that matters to him is his dream.

For that he deserves to die? Under what law? Your own pissyness?

Kenoh-Sama

well... how about adon?    ;)
maybe griffith deeply apologizes just before gatsu intends to kill him. there's also the possibility that griffith suicides.

why not?
maybe shortly after griffith understands that what he did was wrong, gatsu's sacrificing himself for him, symbolising Gatsu thinks back to the Taka no Dan-times where griffith helped him out more then once.
or maybe the the other way round: this action of sacrifice makes griffith see that what he did was wrong. keep in mind that Gatsu really meant something to him...
again: why not?
imagine how "berserk" gatsu could go, because that eventually happens...

furthermore i want to add, that i don't consider an ordinary fight between gatsu and griffith at the very ending with our protagonist killing his former friend as being kind of exciting or thrilling.
there has to be something else...

I Think people give Griffith WAY too much credit. What will it take for Griffith to "come around"? Is a Darth Vader Scenario what people want? Griffith sacrificed his own men, raped Casca, and pretty much destroyed Guts' life. Even Tried to kill Guts and would have if it wasn't for the Skull Knight. It looked to me that when he agreed to become Femto he abandoned whatever human feelings of remorse he had and embraced the role he was given. He did feel something but then Godhand cleared his mind and showed him what he wanted. He wanted that Kingdom. Then he whispered the chant and bang everybodys fate was sealed. Even when he was reborn he was like me or not my dream comes first. When he saw Guts he didn't apologize. He was more like "too bad you can't see things from my point of view. Oh well". Guts did mean something to Griffith and that was his downfall- and he knows it. He won't make the same mistake twice (Unless of course the Body Griffith is using conjures up some human emotions that make him sypmathetic, apologetic to Guts but as Griffith is now I doubt he feels anything truly deep for Guts).

Casca? It's possible. I wouldn't rule it out. But I don't see Casca as expendable. Thats what I would call a Tragic scenario. That assuming Miura goes for the tragic ending.

Skull Knight? Yeah possibly. They have more potential with that scenario. I think the fate of Godhand and SK go together. I don't see any more apostles or demons being in the normal world after the Berserk story is over. So I think he will die or "fade away" anyway but how and under what circumstance is anyones guess (but Murase said that the drawings he saw had a human looking skull knight with long hair. Maybe he returns to a human form before he dies or maybe the drawing was for the flashback. No ones sure).

As for the ending I wrote I'm sure they will have their "slobberknocker" encounter. A lot (no kidding a lot)of people I've talked to want that to happen. Thats the payoff. The big question is actually the Godhand and Idea aspect (speaking of Idea it seems that the reason why chapter 83 was pulled was because Miura thought Idea took the focus away from Godhand. Which isn't what he wanted considering it was the Godhand comming out party it makes sense that he wants the attention on them. From a story tellers point of view it makes perfect sense).

Idea and Godhand are the loose ends. Maybe in a couple of years the picture will be clearer. Then again maybe not :'( :'( :'( :'(

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I Think people give Griffith WAY too much credit. What will it take for Griffith to "come around"? Is a Darth Vader Scenario what people want?
Who said anything about Griffith "coming around"? I personally believe Griffith already has his own plan for how to either rid himself or at least escape Idea's grasp. I certainly dont believe that Griffith will have remorse, at least not the sort that you are wishing he had.

Griffith sacrificed his own men, raped Casca, and pretty much destroyed Guts' life. Even Tried to kill Guts and would have if it wasn't for the Skull Knight. It looked to me that when he agreed to become Femto he abandoned whatever human feelings of remorse he had and embraced the role he was given.
sooo.....whats your point? This is all rather apparent stuff.

Even when he was reborn he was like me or not my dream comes first. When he saw Guts he didn't apologize.
Why should he have? Itd be absurd if he did. Miura created Griffith to be the ideal for a dream chaser. I really doubt he ever intended Griffith to become some perfect human. The point is that Griffith is the embodiment of the idea of "what would you do for a dream?" in Griffiths case, anything. Hence his character and his actions. Whats the problem with this?

Guts did mean something to Griffith and that was his downfall- and he knows it.
Well, not anymore. That kind of emotion is a weakness when trying to gain what Griffith is anyway.
Casca? It's possible. I wouldn't rule it out. But I don't see Casca as expendable. Thats what I would call a Tragic scenario. That assuming Miura goes for the tragic ending.
I guess your trying to list people that would die? Its not very evident...as you kind of forgot to mention what you were stating here.
(but Murase said that the drawings he saw had a human looking skull knight with long hair. Maybe he returns to a human form before he dies or maybe the drawing was for the flashback. No ones sure).
No ones sure eh? No ones sure what youre talking about,unfortunately.First of all who is Murase? Second of all, a sketch is not exactly concrete material...not enough for one to expect to see fruition from anyway...
As for the ending I wrote I'm sure they will have their "slobberknocker" encounter. A lot (no kidding a lot)of people I've talked to want that to happen.
Im really not sure what slobberknocker is but it sounds like some sort of adult film about men with boobs that cant control their saliva glands.
(speaking of Idea it seems that the reason why chapter 83 was pulled was because Miura thought Idea took the focus away from Godhand.
Once again, where did you get this information from?
Idea and Godhand are the loose ends. Maybe in a couple of years the picture will be clearer. Then again maybe not :'( :'( :'( :'(
Dont forget that Miura said that the God Hand will play a large role in the future, and that the keyword is "Void".

puella

Berserk forever
(speaking of Idea it seems that the reason why chapter 83 was pulled was because Miura thought Idea took the focus away from Godhand. Which isn't what he wanted considering it was the Godhand comming out party it makes sense that he wants the attention on them. From a story tellers point of view it makes perfect sense).

Somebody assumes the reason chap.83 taken away is so simple.
One is Miura thought the idea sucks because looks too much like our heart and the other is Miura who knows pretty well the manipulating readers' mind was willing to hide them until some right time.
should we revive the ever so infamous "is griffith evil?" thread?
I hope so.
i know how much time you people spent in discussing hundreds of topics. So when the topic looks familiar put out, it may make you sick. that's why i'm careful about picking up topic.
and you have been here quite long are likely to say "check BSOM or other thread"
I do agree that the same topic thread won't be made up by others again but not that the repetition at all.
this board is not only for the people who had a lot of discussion and know much about the manga, isn't it?
So i think "repetition" is quite good for all the new members here. 8)

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
I do agree that the same topic thread won't be made up by others again but not that the repetition at all.
this board is not only for the people who had a lot of discussion and know much about the manga, isn't it?
So i think "repetition" is quite good for all the new members here. 8)

i have nothing against repetition, but that sort of discussion leads to bad/bitter feelings across the board. methinks everyone has been edgy these days. :-/

puella

Berserk forever
i have nothing against repetition, but that sort of discussion leads to bad/bitter feelings across the board. methinks everyone has been edgy these days. :-/
I see and do agree with you.
Why people look to me so edgy,bitter,tough and even indifferent such as those who got a headache or serious constipation? ;D
when a newbie in mid-October, I'd thought these people may keep dragonslayers in their home and wait the right time comes!!
Am i wrong?

bytheway)I'm the one for enthusiastic and hectic forum.

Kenoh-Sama

Who said anything about Griffith "coming around"? I personally believe Griffith already has his own plan for how to either rid himself or at least escape Idea's grasp. I certainly dont believe that Griffith will have remorse, at least not the sort that you are wishing he had.

sooo.....whats your point? This is all rather apparent stuff.

Why should he have? Itd be absurd if he did. Miura created Griffith to be the ideal for a dream chaser. I really doubt he ever intended Griffith to become some perfect human. The point is that Griffith is the embodiment of the idea of "what would you do for a dream?" in Griffiths case, anything. Hence his character and his actions. Whats the problem with this?

Well, not anymore. That kind of emotion is a weakness when trying to gain what Griffith is anyway.
I guess your trying to list people that would die? Its not very evident...as you kind of forgot to mention what you were stating here.
No ones sure eh? No ones sure what youre talking about,unfortunately.First of all who is Murase? Second of all, a sketch is not exactly concrete material...not enough for one to expect to see fruition from anyway...
Im really not sure what slobberknocker is but it sounds like some sort of adult film about men with boobs that cant control their saliva glands.
Once again, where did you get this information from?
Dont forget that Miura said that the God Hand will play a large role in the future, and that the keyword is "Void".

Your knowledge of transgender porn not withstanding (You might want to keep that kind of shit private :eek:. Just a suggestion :-[) I think you are not seeing things from my POV. I'm not asking you to accept them as your own but to acknowledge mine. As for my Berserk source Murase' he is credible. Very credible. Why? He works for Art of War and is the sculptor of the Berserk Statues and action figures. He even draws those funny little instructions that come with the figures. That's who he is (He even sent me a Hirasawa song with Casca/Asuka singing. Funny shit ;D). I think that's credible enough don't you think? Not that I care about impressing 20 year olds but that should be enough for you. The Sketch I was referring to was from Miura's sketch book that Murase saw. Whether you believe me or not I don't care. I'm just spreading what I know to other fans. I was thinking other fans would be interested. And I'll keep on passing what I hear to other fans. Just as long as everyone knows I'm doing this in good faith and not making stuff up BS'ing anyone.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Your knowledge of transgender porn not withstanding (You might want to keep that kind of shit private :eek:. Just a suggestion
So that IS what a slobberknocker is. I knew it!
I think you are not seeing things from my POV.
good call.
As for my Berserk source Murase' he is credible. Very credible.
Well then next time, state why hes credible beforehand to validate your source...otherwise you have stupid people like me questioning your source.
(He even sent me a Hirasawa song with Casca/Asuka singing. Funny shit ;D). I think that's credible enough don't you think?
Well...not really by itself no, since that song can be found on the net rather easily...but yes I understand your point.
Not that I care about impressing 20 year olds but that should be enough for you.
see now thats just plain bad manners. I merely questioned your "source", theres no need to bash demographics, almighty man who is older than 20.
I'm just spreading what I know to other fans. I was thinking other fans would be interested. And I'll keep on passing what I hear to other fans.
Um...no ones threatening you, unless thats what you want people to think?

Kenoh-Sama

Maybe I did go too far but I don't always re-act well to sarcasm. I work at a place where points of views are thrown in peoples faces (I work at a Political Think Tank). And Considering whats going on in the World and at work there are a lot of emotions flying high. So I apologize If I made things personal or got outta hand. Truce? :)

Top Bottom