Dead characters who you wish suffered more before dying

Mozgus. For me, of all the characters who've been killed, Mozgus is the one for me, who was deserving of a more horrifying end. He killed so many innocent people, and the part with what he did to the mother just made me want the guy to burn.

While I'm glad Guts put the bastard down in the end, I still thought what he got was too good for him.

A more fitting death would have been from him being forced to confront all the ghosts of all the people he's killed- They each get a piece of him, and they all put him through as much pain as he did each of them. Their every feeling, and emotion would be become his, and none of them would pleasant. The pain from this would be so great that he'd start to believe God really did punish him. Then he'd die.

For me, it's the jailkeeper. Sure he got the business end of Guts' sword and got his tongue cut off, but that was hardly enough for me.

Honestly, aside from apostles, there aren't a whole heck of a lot of outright 'evil' people in Berserk, and that's one of the things I like about it. Plenty of unkind people, certainly, rude and violent, but rarely evil to the extent shown by the God Hand, Ganishka, and others of their ilk.

If we knew more about it, those who started this whole "Inquisition" and burning at the stake business in the first place I'd class as evil, but they're mentioned obliquely at best. Likely the true extent of Mozgus's brutality wasn't truely understood by those higher-up in the church - indeed, he could likely have been a tool to control opponents within the church hierarchy itself - but without more information, which we're not likely to get, that's just supposition.

Badass mode ash said:
Mozgus is the one for me, who was deserving of a more horrifying end. He killed so many innocent people, and the part with what he did to the mother just made me want the guy to burn.

He was the very one who defended the people when those dead glob thing try to kill those poor refugee there... After his death the entire encampment was in a massacre...

And he did care for his disciples too... He wasn't really as bad as you think, he is just being too extreme and of course insane...

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Zepec . . . Oh wait, Damn it!

Ramen4ever said:
Does fish 969 (Kill roster) from the winter journey count as a "character"?

I know, I know; sick Bastard jumping in front of Guts like that. He was just mocking him and got what he deserved but if only we could have seen him impaled alive and slowly roasting over Godo's forge while Erica and Rickert rejoiced. . . .

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
slayer81 said:
Donovan, hands down. He got let off way too easy. Guts should've filleted him :beast:
He got what was coming to him without Guts seeming inhuman about his revenge.

A

avidwriter

Well I liked how he handled the Snake Baron. I remember when I first started watching Berserk and when I saw what he did to the Snake Baron I said "yes finally an evil bastard gets what he deserves." I think that really played a part in getting me into Berserk.

Same here. When I first saw Berserk and I saw how Guts handled the guards messing with Puck/Colette and then how he ruined snake barons shit, I was hooked. A hero who did bad things for good reasons and a villian who does good things for wrong reasons. Perfect anti-hero.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Miura does a good job with ending characters' lives. Almost everyone meets an end that is satisfying. I use to agree with your view of Mozgus, but you have to remember he's being sent to the Vortex of Souls. That punishment is good enough. You were hoping that Mozgus would have to confront or at least acknowledge the harm he had caused, right? That sort of questioning would only weaken him as a character in my opinion. He was a fanatic afterall.

Top Bottom