are the specs on this computer good??

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
That's one beefy processor :isidro: But that's the same motherboard Im planning to get for my future rig. Lookin good, CnC.

Gotta spend where it counts, I guess. I'm saving a bit by not getting a new optical/case/psu, so I can put that money into processor/memory/gpu.

edit: I went ahead and pulled the trigger on those parts. Fingers crossed :griff:

CnC said:
Memory:
2 * http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820148069

I wonder why but it look like the entire world of professional gamers/enthusiasts are going for these Cruial Ballistix Tracer PC8500

I have seen too many power rigs using this exact DDR2 model :griff:

Anyway for HDD go for the Seagate 7200.11 instead, I heard it perform better and has higher rating from consumers as well...

I finally bought it. After fighting with UPS for several days, it's finally here and working. Plug and play, awesome! I run Crysis at ultra super incrible high mode!!!! The opening scene in Bioshock, when you come up out of the water, WOW!!!!!!!

I installed Quake 4, one of my favorite single player games, on ultra high, and I was amazed!! It came out in 2005 and blows away most of the newer games, the lighting is awesome!

Oblivion is most wonderful now, Titan Quest, and I will install gears of War eventually, I got it for Christmas.

It has extra power for video editing and pretty much anything else I wish to do. :serpico:

The transition from XP to Vista wasn't bad at all, and I'm enjoying Vista. The only problem I have had so far is the sleep mode. Just turn that off all together and it runs great. It compatible with all my other software so far.

I'm very happy :guts:

- C

CnC

Ad Oculos
Glad to hear your purchase went smoothly.

My install on the hardware side went smoothly ( really was expecting a problem), but Vista was very finicky about my installing on a new partition.

Much like a toddler who doesn't like food without trying it, it kept refusing to install because it felt the disk was not up to it's standards (actually gave a message to this effect). But you trick the toddler (vista) into trying it and it seems to be installing now.
I wish I had thought of that sooner as I had to remove my XP install before I came to the solution (stupid me), but I had everything backed up. :void:

And if for some reason Vista gives me more lip I'll just throw it out the window, much like what would be done with the toddler.

But I did have a chance to play some Team Fortress2 on XP before this debacle. It was GLORIOUS! :guts:
I'm eager to throw more things at it to give it a proper test (Crysis demo).

Top Bottom