TV Series: Lost

Personally, I thought this season started out as one of the best and was pretty exciting, but I have to admit that these recent episodes have either felt pointless or annoying. I'm with Griffith that it's annoying for the writers to lay out the rules of time travel (which they keep trying to explain to the stupid masses with the constant reminder of: "This is our present, we don't know what's going to happen or if any of us will make it out alive") just to try to completely throw those rules out the window. My feeling/hope is that this is all just a naive thought by the characters and that the rules are rigid like was originally laid out, but if it isn't I'll likely lose a lot of interest for the show. They're already skating on thin ice with this whole time travel stuff, but if they allow tampering with the future etc.... well... ugh.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/jj-abrams-to-tackle-the-dark-tower.php

Every fan rejoice! After Lost and Star Trek, we'll be getting The Dark Tower. I just can't wait...
gutsbarf.gif

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
The season finale sure was flashbacks galore.

Finally, Jacob shows his face, and also pays a visit to all the Oceanic 6. From what the man said to Jacob at the beginning, that Jacob has brough people over the island from such a long time ago and it's always ends the same. So that guy found the loophole in Locke to finally kill Jacob. How?(Gotta wait till Jan. 2010 to find out.). It sure surprised me when the bomb didn't detonate, and the electro magnetism started pulling all the metal into the hole. I wasn't expecting Juliet to be dragged down by the chain, but I guess it had to be done for that Sawyer,Juliet, and Kate drama to be over with. I enjoyed the Sawyer Vs Jack fight. I think they needed it. I was also surprised Bernard and Rose be alive. They might have some appearances in the next season, or how Bernard said, "We're retired" and we might just not see them at all. The two hours were OK, we got some questions answered, but we also have some new ones. I"m just glad this season is over with and just wait for the final season next year.
Here are some quotes I did like in this finale
Ben: "So, yes, I lied. That's what I do."
Sawyer: "This don't look like LAX."
Locke: "Well it's a wonderful foot, Richard, but what does it have to do with Jacob?"
Juliet: "You want out or you want to stay here and whine about it?"

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Th3Branded0ne said:
The season finale sure was flashbacks galore.

Finally, Jacob shows his face, and also pays a visit to all the Oceanic 6. From what the man said to Jacob at the beginning, that Jacob has brough people over the island from such a long time ago and it's always ends the same. So that guy found the loophole in Locke to finally kill Jacob. How?(Gotta wait till Jan. 2010 to find out.). It sure surprised me when the bomb didn't detonate, and the electro magnetism started pulling all the metal into the hole. I wasn't expecting Juliet to be dragged down by the chain, but I guess it had to be done for that Sawyer,Juliet, and Kate drama to be over with. I enjoyed the Sawyer Vs Jack fight. I think they needed it. I was also surprised Bernard and Rose be alive. They might have some appearances in the next season, or how Bernard said, "We're retired" and we might just not see them at all. The two hours were OK, we got some questions answered, but we also have some new ones. I"m just glad this season is over with and just wait for the final season next year.
Here are some quotes I did like in this finale
Ben: "So, yes, I lied. That's what I do."
Sawyer: "This don't look like LAX."
Locke: "Well it's a wonderful foot, Richard, but what does it have to do with Jacob?"
Juliet: "You want out or you want to stay here and whine about it?"

hotpocket.gif

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
So I've always had this conviction that Richard was the ship's captain (or at least that he came in on it), but it's never been confirmed yet before, has it? I don't even remember. So anyway, this is the path they've chosen. Good vs Bad, God vs Satan. Standard biblical material. Jacob cures all, explains all the weird bullshit that's happened so far.

Ah well. And Sawyer's a wimp. I'd have jumped after Juliet, even if it meant certain death. Especially if it did.

And of course as the bomb detonates, they'll be sent back to the correct time.

So that guy found the loophole in Locke to finally kill Jacob.

It's more like Ben was the loophole. He's the one who killed (or gravely wounded at the very least) Jacob. And from this I'm guessing the evil mystery guy might be related to the smoke monster (if not plain be it) since it told Ben to follow Locke's orders.

I'm kind of glad they went with the Good vs Bad, Black vs White thing. It's the kind of stuff I used to speculate back during the first three seasons. I said the Others were the good guys, and they were. They had just been manipulated by that guy in black who had been posing as Jacob. Apparently the final season will be alot like Season one. Well, I certainly hope so. This whole time-travel thing just wasn't the show I expected as I reflect back on it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
I said the Others were the good guys, and they were. They had just been manipulated by that guy in black who had been posing as Jacob.

Hahaha, I hope you're not bragging here because it'd be really sad. You thought they were the "good guys" as opposed to Widmore's people, remember? Who you thought wanted to erect a giant building on the island. The truth is the others have been running around killing people and even if they served Jacob to some extent or thought they did, it doesn't make them very good. As for Widmore, he's their previous leader, evicted by Ben and he calls himself the good guy as well. In fact he attacked the island in order to eliminate Ben, and had he succeeded Jacob would still be alive. The real good guys are those we see Jacob personally encounter outside of the island in the finale: the protagonists.

A.C said:
Apparently the final season will be alot like Season one. Well, I certainly hope so. This whole time-travel thing just wasn't the show I expected as I reflect back on it.

It's never too late to see the truth. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure most people feel like you do about it.

I think that at the end of the episode the bomb didn't detonate. Just a flash like the ones they had previously were they would jump back and forth from time. If the bomb detonated it would be pretty stupid as falling down that giant hole wasn't enough to do it while some chick who's really hurt (who should really be dead from that fall) hits it with a rock and it detonates.

Season finale was mostly predictable, but I still enjoyed it well enough. I'm with most other people that the white ending was probably just everyone going through time.

My random wild speculation since there won't be any more for 8 months: Jacob and mystery dude are from the far flung future. Fake Locke is really smokey and can take on the appearance of anyone it wants if it's been scanned (Maybe they have to be dead? That would be dumb). Jacob and Smokey have been locked in some bitter feud... and if smokey really is some sort of highly advanced robot then maybe he's bound by Asmovian rules "Can't kill a human" or something similar. Jacob set up his own death and it'll bite smokey in the ass by the end of the series ( :idea: anyone?). "They're coming"... aliens? lol. Anyway... /random pointless speculation.

Personally, I think it's fairly obvious that smokey and 'other Locke' are the same entity. The one thing I don't want them to do, is again, to have the last season start with them all back home like nothing ever happened simply so they can bring back some dead characters for the last season. It's so late in the game, if they waste a bunch of episodes on filler crap like they did this season I'll be incredibly grumpy (The Jack episodes were a complete wash this season for example).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
My random wild speculation since there won't be any more for 8 months: Jacob and mystery dude are from the far flung future.

Or the distant past. Or are those one and the same?! :isidro: The final laugh would be that they're aliens, but it'd be too good I think.

CowTip said:
Jacob set up his own death and it'll bite smokey in the ass by the end of the series ( :idea: anyone?). "They're coming"... aliens? lol. Anyway... /random pointless speculation.

"They're coming" means the Lost cast I think. The chosen ones (:schierke:). And yeah, I think Jacob didn't really care about dying. His answer to Ben was particularly provocative, instead of just telling him "this Locke is my enemy in disguise, not the real one".

CowTip said:
Personally, I think it's fairly obvious that smokey and 'other Locke' are the same entity.

One thing can instill doubt in this idea, it's the fact Locke seems surprised (but pleased) when Ben tells him what happened with the monster. Of course he could have been faking it, but you never know.

CowTip said:
The one thing I don't want them to do, is again, to have the last season start with them all back home like nothing ever happened simply so they can bring back some dead characters for the last season. It's so late in the game, if they waste a bunch of episodes on filler crap like they did this season I'll be incredibly grumpy (The Jack episodes were a complete wash this season for example).

What I really hope for is a really meaningful development in the love quadruple between Juliet, Sawyer, Kate and Jack. Hopefully at least 6 episodes will focus on it. (just in case someone missed it: I'm not being serious)

Aazealh said:
What I really hope for is a really meaningful development in the love quadruple between Juliet, Sawyer, Kate and Jack. Hopefully at least 6 episodes will focus on it. (just in case someone missed it: I'm not being serious)

That's enough reason to hope they killed off Juliet right there, though that means it'd just be back to the regular old triangle again. Juliet's love insecurities at the end of this season seemed pretty dumb to me. Does anyone really enjoy that crap?

You bring up an interesting point in the suprised second Locke, but for all we know he was just playing along like you said. It's true that we just won't know until next season (Or not at all since J. J. loves to do that so much). Part of me half expects nothing to be answered and the series to just end with the easy backdoor of setting up for a movie or something.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
That's enough reason to hope they killed off Juliet right there, though that means it'd just be back to the regular old triangle again. Juliet's love insecurities at the end of this season seemed pretty dumb to me. Does anyone really enjoy that crap?

GIRLS DO. Or at least someone somewhere thinks so, otherwise we wouldn't be having that crap. Personally I hope Juliet doesn't die because like you said, we'd be back to the old love triangle and things wouldn't go anywhere and frankly I'm tired of it. I just wish Juliet and Sawyer could be happy together and the same with Kate and Jack then we can move on. But no matter what I'm pretty sure we will get more forced romance drama before the series end.

CowTip said:
You bring up an interesting point in the suprised second Locke, but for all we know he was just playing along like you said. It's true that we just won't know until next season (Or not at all since J. J. loves to do that so much). Part of me half expects nothing to be answered and the series to just end with the easy backdoor of setting up for a movie or something.

The thing is, even if the last season was incredible, it wouldn't undo what harm has been done. And I don't expect it to be incredible.

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
I finally finished watching lost. A lot of action, and less fillers than usual. No more boring Jack, he finally grabbed a gun and "believed". I hope what he did was the right thing to do though. No Claire this season, which isnt negative thing. Ayways, the last episode did not completely explain "the incident", I mean we really didnt see anything but a flash of light in the end, which really is a crappy ending imo.
A lot of questions answered, but the answers brought more questions, who was that guy who were with Jacob? Who are the new good guys. Why are there two Lockes?
And btw, where are the other people who were taken by the others in the second season? (Cindy, with the 2 kids)
And wheres that old woman who told Jack what his tatoo meant, and wheres her group? And why where they wearing dharma suits, even though they were others. Everyone had to get back to the island, but what about Aaron and Desmond, both of them didnt return? Then maybe they wot be able to "save" everyone, because not everyone returned??
And why did Rusos friend try to kill her? Was he the monster too perhaps? But he was shot and most likely got killed.
And who the @&#! is the monster. I was convinced he was Yemi ::)
Maah, this turned out to be really crappy season. Maybe because of the Fringe crap they were busy with.
People on other forums are still discussing the "black box" metaphor, I just hope the creators do not actually make something out of it just to satisfy fans. And I dont know if anyone noticed that Jacob was an old man with beard with a deep voice (did anyone slo mo it?)

Good thing the 6th season will be the last of it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
theblackswordman said:
No Claire this season, which isnt negative thing.

I liked Claire personally. Not quite as annoying as Kate.

theblackswordman said:
A lot of questions answered, but the answers brought more questions, who was that guy who were with Jacob? Who are the new good guys. Why are there two Lockes?

The not-dead Locke is the guy who was with Jacob. His opposite/great enemy/whatever.

theblackswordman said:
And btw, where are the other people who were taken by the others in the second season? (Cindy, with the 2 kids)
And wheres that old woman who told Jack what his tatoo meant, and wheres her group? And why where they wearing dharma suits, even though they were others. Everyone had to get back to the island, but what about Aaron and Desmond, both of them didnt return? Then maybe they wot be able to "save" everyone, because not everyone returned??

Don't hurt yourself with those questions. The bullshit about Aaron being extremely important and how he must be raised by Claire is probably long forgotten.

theblackswordman said:
And why did Rusos friend try to kill her? Was he the monster too perhaps? But he was shot and most likely got killed.

Yeah, Rousseau's boyfriend was transformed under the temple. Transformed or corrupted or something.

theblackswordman said:
People on other forums are still discussing the "black box" metaphor, I just hope the creators do not actually make something out of it just to satisfy fans.

The writers probably meant to do something big with it, then realized it was a stupid idea and decided to pass it off as just being some bullshit from Ben.

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
Aazealh said:
I liked Claire personally. Not quite as annoying as Kate.

Agree, but Kate is a fugitive, which makes her a cooler character.

Aazealh said:
The not-dead Locke is the guy who was with Jacob. His opposite/great enemy/whatever.

I thought so too, one thing we never forget is when Locke explained the othello rules for Walt, game with 2 sides, dark and light. So it might just be a symbol for the game over The Island. But why couldnt he simply stab Jacob himself. And why did Jacob piss Ben off?

Aazealh said:
Don't hurt yourself with those questions. The bullshit about Aaron being extremely important and how he must be raised by Claire is probably long forgotten.

Btw, remember the guitar Jacob gave Hurley? Perhaps Charlie is...

Aazealh said:
The writers probably meant to do something big with it, then realized it was a stupid idea and decided to pass it off as just being some bullshit from Ben.

Anything but not the black box, its just a stupid thing to begin with. Maybe it would have something to do with Jack finding his father and Lockes to end the ting with his father etc etc.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
theblackswordman said:
Agree, but Kate is a fugitive, which makes her a cooler character.

Haha, I'm not sure I agree with that. I can't think of anything that's cool about Kate.

theblackswordman said:
But why couldnt he simply stab Jacob himself. And why did Jacob piss Ben off?

Probably for some convoluted reason that only makes sense because the writers need it to.

theblackswordman said:
Btw, remember the guitar Jacob gave Hurley? Perhaps Charlie is...

Well it's Charlie's guitar of course. Who else? At least that's what I've been thinking ever since we saw Hurley with it.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/State-Union-Lost-1013442.aspx

[quote author=tvguide.com]Will State of the Union Speech Push Back Lost Premiere?

In the ultimate battle between our real and fantasy lives, Lost's final season premiere may be bumped by President Barack Obama's State of the Union address.

The White House is currently considering either Jan. 26 or Feb. 2 — the night of the premiere — for the State of the Union speech, The Wrap reports. Lost fans aren't exactly the most patient bunch, and a Twitter hash tag has already been started to protest the possible scheduling conflict, #NoStateofUnionFeb2.[/quote]

I can wait, how about you guys?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Only reason I still watch the show is to complain about it in this thread, so I wouldn't mind even if they pushed it back to 2011.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'd rather they'd moved it up to 2009 without telling us so it was done with already, but I'll settle for Lost fans being upset over something so petty. 16 more weeks and I'm out, I'm counting it like jail time.

Back to fan mode now, I don't remember if this intriguing Spanish season 6 LOST promo was posted. :guts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C56Lgl6DorM

:magni:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
Back to fan mode now, I don't remember if this intriguing Spanish season 6 LOST promo was posted. :guts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C56Lgl6DorM

:magni:
Locke has his back to us at the end :judo:

Btw, fucking loling here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NjThy2Kwyk&feature=related

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Btw, fucking loling here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NjThy2Kwyk&feature=related

Holy shit
, it was already funny, but the stabbing really took that to another level.
:ganishka:

BTW, it's been a while, let's give her a rip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jXzu2WQDnY#t=02m03s

Top Bottom