TV Series: Lost

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
Holy shit
, it was already funny, but the stabbing really took that to another level.
:ganishka:

BTW, it's been a while, let's give her a rip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jXzu2WQDnY#t=02m03s
Yep. Sayiid still has it! :ganishka:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
If I was smart I'd just wait for them to do that for this season and not waste the 18 hours of my life for about another minute's worth of substance as conveyed in that video... but like Aaz said, then I couldn't complain about it here! :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I found another summary of Lost. This one's more succinct: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVZqT4R6-2c#t=1m50s

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/final_season_of_lost_promises_to
"Government modeling efforts on successful containment of 'The Wire' fans" :ganishka:

But seriously, you should all watch The Wire. :femto:

More Lost parody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1PAB6Sgdp8&feature=player_embedded

That vid reminds me of how ridiculous this show has become. After last season I'm dreading this one. I bet we won't get a single answer to any of those questions, or any of the hundred ones we'll get this season. At best we'll get: "The smoke monster? It really is a monster that is made out of smoke !!1" :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
More Lost parody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1PAB6Sgdp8&feature=player_embedded

That vid reminds me of how ridiculous this show has become. After last season I'm dreading this one. I bet we won't get a single answer to any of those questions, or any of the hundred ones we'll get this season. At best we'll get: "The smoke monster? It really is a monster that is made out of smoke !!1" :troll:

Hahaha, I'm almost sad that you've joined us disabused viewers at last. Well, at least we can have "fun" this one last time counting all the inconsistencies and far-fetched plot twists of the final season. We're in for a treat I'm sure. :guts:

The Lost producers have really done a bang-up job of undermining fan confidence. I agree that the only thing left is to just laugh at it all.

X

Xem

Lately this thread kind of reminds me of that one preppy kid in school that everyone loved to talk about behind his back. Yes, it's appealing to the general audience, yes it's comically nonsensical. Why not just ignore it?

Or do people just really love talking shit that much?

I'm anticipating the last season because, and I'm not afraid to say it, I'm actually curious to see what happens. I guess I'm one of the few people left in this forum capable of adjusting my expectation standards... it's a fuckin' syndicated television show after all.

Perhaps it's due to the fact that I've grown up on US sitcoms my whole life, but I'm independently capable of lowering my standards in order to enjoy something like this.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1208147/the_urkel_dance/

Truthfully, it's amazing that a thread even exists about a US series like this... maybe that indicates something.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Lately this thread kind of reminds me of that one preppy kid in school that everyone loved to talk about behind his back. Yes, it's appealing to the general audience, yes it's comically nonsensical. Why not just ignore it?

Or do people just really love talking shit that much?

1) Yes, people love to talk shit. Welcome to the Internet.

2) Most of us used to genuinely enjoy the show but have become disillusioned over time. That doesn't mean we aren't curious to see how it ends, even (especially?) if it's a train wreck.

3) Everything we complain about is justified. Sorry if that saddens you.

Deci said:
I'm anticipating the last season because, and I'm not afraid to say it, I'm actually curious to see what happens. I guess I'm one of the few people left in this forum capable of adjusting my expectation standards... it's a fuckin' syndicated television show after all.

Perhaps it's due to the fact that I've grown up on US sitcoms my whole life, but I'm independently capable of lowering my standards in order to enjoy something like this.

Congratulations on your low standards, you must be very proud.

Griffith

I don't know what Deci's on about on his three-legged high horse, but no matter, even A.C has come around, it's a red-letter day for true Lost fans; people that despise it! :ubik:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that the lone defender of Lost in this thread brought up the Urkel Dance in support is amusing to me. :void:

X

Xem

Nah, all I was sayin' was that I don't see the point in discussing something if all you're going to do is complain, but as Aaz so eloquently put,

1) Yes, people love to talk shit. Welcome to the Internet.

I guess I fail at finding constructive discussions.

And really, I'm not defending Lost, you're misunderstanding my post. I was merely jaded by discussions where people stroke their internet egos with condescending comments. But hey, this is the internet (thanks Aaz), and we're all armchair critics.

I for one think it'd be awesome if for the last season of Lost they said fuck the entire cast and focused 100% on the black smoke monster. That'd be award-winning imho.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Nah, all I was sayin' was that I don't see the point in discussing something if all you're going to do is complain

"Critical thinking shouldn't exist!! :puck:"

Deci said:
I guess I fail at finding constructive discussions.

Finding them, recognizing them, initiating them... Your pick.

Deci said:
I was merely jaded by discussions where people stroke their internet egos with condescending comments.

Oh come on, how exactly is anyone stroking their ego here? And are you saying we're condescending towards Lost?

Deci said:
I for one think it'd be awesome if for the last season of Lost they said fuck the entire cast and focused 100% on the black smoke monster. That'd be award-winning imho.

Yeah OK, thanks for the brilliant idea. Ah, one last thing:

Deci said:
Heh, I just watched Terminator Salvation and I enjoyed it.

What a surprise. :iva:

Griffith

Deci said:
And really, I'm not defending Lost, you're misunderstanding my post. I was merely jaded by discussions where people stroke their internet egos with condescending comments. But hey, this is the internet (thanks Aaz), and we're all armchair critics.

So, you're really just being an unaware hypocrite at our expense. Thanks. :femto:

Deci said:

Haha, are you just trolling or what? :ganishka:

Anyway, to actually talk about the show, and not such philosophical matters as the merits of complaining or complaining about complaining for complaing's sake, first episode's on Tuesday, and I'm actually looking forward to it. Well, technically, I'm more looking forward to everything else I'm going to do this weekend before it, but I'm not dreading it or anything. =)

X

Xem

グリフィス said:
So, you're really just being an unaware hypocrite at our expense. Thanks.
Well I wouldn't say at your expense, you could always ignore me or delete my posts. You guys are the moderators of this internet forum. So, you're welcome I guess. :griffnotevil:

グリフィス said:
Haha, are you just trolling or what? :ganishka:

Haha, well honestly yeah I guess I am to an extent, although I would consider anyone who posts simply to laugh at something would be considered trolling, so this thread's current existence kind of fits the bill! Don't you agree? =)

グリフィス said:
Anyway, to actually talk about the show, and not such philosophical matters as the merits of complaining or complaining about complaining for complaing's sake, first episode's on Tuesday, and I'm actually looking forward to it. Well, technically, I'm more looking forward to everything else I'm going to do this weekend before it, but I'm not dreading it or anything. =)

Heh, the few people I know that actually watch Lost (excluding maybe two people) that I asked about how they feel about it's return, basically all said "Shit it's the last season and I've seen literally every single episode so far, so yeah I'm excited." Can't say I disagree either. On the other hand though, we did immerse ourselves in this world that they created, and for the most part the characters are still the same, the plot has basically continued on it's unpredictable chaotic pattern, so really the formula is still the same. And we still watch it!

Who are we really to complain? I'd say it only makes us look stupid.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Well I wouldn't say at your expense, you could always ignore me or delete my posts. You guys are the moderators of this internet forum. So, you're welcome I guess.

I don't think you quite understand how moderation works.

Deci said:
I would consider anyone who posts simply to laugh at something would be considered trolling

Sorry but that's not the definition of "trolling" at all.

Deci said:
Heh, the few people I know that actually watch Lost (excluding maybe two people) that I asked about how they feel about it's return, basically all said "Shit it's the last season and I've seen literally every single episode so far, so yeah I'm excited."

A few people minus two. That's like, one, maybe two guys? Anyway, while I'm not particularly excited myself, I'll be watching it too. :slan:

Deci said:
for the most part the characters are still the same, the plot has basically continued on it's unpredictable chaotic pattern, so really the formula is still the same.

The character development has been very extensive yet contradictory, mostly fruitless and decidedly lame at times, and the plot has degenerated from "mysterious" to "ridiculous" as time went by, piling up new questions while hardly ever answering old ones. Not that the show is without merit, but its defaults have become prominent in the view of some.

Now I'd like to point out that you're starting to complain about our less-than-perfection reception of Lost more than we criticize the show ourselves, so maybe you should stop, or at least pretend to constructively reply to our actual posts instead of questioning the interest of having any critical outlook at all.

Deci said:

Your absolute lack of critical thinking is offending.

Griffith

Deci said:
Well I wouldn't say at your expense, you could always ignore me or delete my posts. You guys are the moderators of this internet forum. So, you're welcome I guess. :griffnotevil:

You're not, and it's at our expense because you're wasting our time making these mealy mouthed proclamations, not even so much about Lost itself, but admittedly qualifying criticism itself in a vacuum (and unfortunately this isn't the only thread you feel the need to share your aforementioned weak sauce in). Frankly, you've taken something that was good natured and soured it with your well meaning pseudo-serious nonsense. Please, don't do us any more favors.

Deci said:
Haha, well honestly yeah I guess I am to an extent, although I would consider anyone who posts simply to laugh at something would be considered trolling, so this thread's current existence kind of fits the bill! Don't you agree? =)

Not at all, you're trying too hard to fit as square peg into the round hole and sound like you're talking over your own head. I will take your advice and delete anything further from you in this thread not pertaining directly to Lost. Moderation complete.

Deci said:
Heh, the few people I know that actually watch Lot (excluding maybe two people) that I asked about how they feel about it's return, basically all said "Shit it's the last season and I've seen literally every single episode so far, so yeah I'm excited." Can't say I disagree either. On the other hand though, we did immerse ourselves in this world that they created, and for the most part the characters are still the same, the plot has basically continued on it's unpredictable chaotic pattern, so really the formula is still the same. And we still watch it!

The first season of the show was very well written and planned, as were portions and aspects of season 2. It's only since the third season that the writing, and therefore the production, or vice versa, have become so "chaotic" and "unpredictable." With the exception of the season 3 finale, it's been mediocre at best since. I have no problem with you being excited about it, I'm simply not, particularly about something that will most likely disappoint me, perhaps even more and in greater ways than I imagine.

Deci said:

Again, speak for yourself.

Aazealh said:
The character development has been very extensive yet contradictory, mostly fruitless and decidedly lame at times, and the plot has degenerated from "mysterious" to "ridiculous" as time went by, piling up new questions while hardly ever answering old ones. Not that the show is without merit, but its defaults have become prominent in the view of some.

I learned so much about Locke on the weed farm! It was a double whammy of Lost goodness, unessential, AND boring.

Walter said:
I wonder who Kate will pick?! :???: :???: :???: :casca:

Why is Boone back!? :isidro:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
While I agree that elements of the series have gone downhill since season 1 (the best season), I'm still excited for season six. Lost is one of the few dramas on TV that I have any interest in and while it's nowhere near as perfect as some make it out to be, I'm looking forward to seeing how (if :iva:) they wrap things up. :serpico:

Griffith

Here's a story for Deci: Smoke Monster From 'Lost' Given Own Primetime Spin-Off Series

Rhombaad said:
While I agree that elements of the series have gone downhill since season 1 (the best season), I'm still excited for season six. Lost is one of the few dramas on TV that I have any interest in and while it's nowhere near as perfect as some make it out to be, I'm looking forward to seeing how (if :iva:) they wrap things up. :serpico:

I'm basically in agreement with you, though I thought it went downhill and then off a cliff, I'm still curious to see how they finish this turkey. My guess at the moment from the commercials is a cluster fuck of changed history on the island where perhaps Boone will randomly be alive again. Or, it'll just be another bunch of boring pseudo-ghosts and flashbacks (hoping for the former). Really though, I'd just like for them to tell us if Jacob and his buddy in black are gods or aliens. insert shocked emot here =)

Top Bottom