TV Series: Lost

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Was there anything noteworthy in this episode
other than the lighthouse bullshit?

No, though I'm betting Jack is going to have to...

fightforthelost2.jpg

:troll:

Anyway, that was definitely a "break" episode (I'm coining the term "ebbisode" to describe it from now on), as in a break from anything significant happening. It was neat to see
Claire, but she wasn't especially interesting, boringly unstable, and the best part was Dark Locke's reveal at the end,
but they could have accomplished twice as much with this episode instead of spending half of it treading water. Remember when they went to the shortened season format and all the fat was allegedly going to be cut? Oh well. Also, the teaser for next week is like a joke, "We can only show you 2 seconds, but... QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!" Ha, gimme a break, they say that every week! It's like they're mocking us,
we're Hurley and they're Jacob, and I bet some poor Lost soul out there was even taking notes on their arm.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
What I really liked tonight was that we got to see more Claire and that she said that eventhough JIn lied, that she would have killed Kate.

Yeah it was cool.
I didn't mind Jack's little story with his son either, though it didn't add anything to the grand scheme of things.

グリフィス said:
Anyway, that was definitely a "break" episode (I'm coining the term "ebbisode" to describe it from now on), as in a break from anything significant happening. It was neat to see
Claire, but she wasn't especially interesting, boringly unstable, and the best part was Dark Locke's reveal at the end,
but they could have accomplished twice as much with this episode instead of spending half of it treading water. Remember when they went to the shortened season format and all the fat was allegedly going to be cut? Oh well.

Haha yeah, you nailed it. And I already knew
who the friend was going to be right as she mentioned it too.

グリフィス said:
It's like they're mocking us,
we're Hurley and they're Jacob, and I bet some poor Lost soul out there was even taking notes on their arm.

I thought that was a great analogy actually.

"So you mean all this bullshit was for nothing at all?!"
- Yup.
"Well dude next time I'd rather know from the start."
- Whatever.

This episode was okay. Maybe it's because my expectations are at an all time low but somehow I was able to enjoy it for the characters. Something about Jack's flash(sideway?) felt like watching an older episode of Lost... you know, before all the bullshit began.

Just wondering who David's mother was?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
Just wondering who David's mother was?

Same old ex-wife maybe?

EDIT: By the way, I instantly thought the one coming to the island was Desmond. What do you guys think?

Aazealh said:
By the way, I instantly thought the one coming to the island was Desmond. What do you guys think?

Maybe Widmore? I mean they have to get him on that Island somehow, or else are they just going to forget about him?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
Maybe Widmore? I mean they have to get him on that Island somehow, or else are they just going to forget about him?

I was thinking they were just going to ignore him from now on, to be honest.
:ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm banking on that person being
Widmore as well.

As for Jack's ex-wife, they haven't revealed her yet, so I'm guessing it's going to be a HUGE SURPRISE! Like ... Anna Lucia! :ganishka:

Griffith

A.C said:
Something about Jack's flash(sideway?) felt like watching an older episode of Lost... you know, before all the bullshit began.

I'll give you that, except that unlike the old days, it felt totally artificial;
like, they literally just gave him a son for this episode.

Aazealh said:
I was thinking they were just going to ignore him from now on, to be honest.
:ganishka:

Haha, me too, but this reminds me, I was thinking about it last week, they're always talking about rules and alluding to games, we found out Ben basically knows dick, and even smokey was being told, "what I can't do!" So, how much do characters like Widmore and Hawking actually know about "the rules," Jacob and smokey, and what's supposedly really going on, and is it going to come into play?

Yeah, I know, correct answer:
it won't matter, anyway. =)

The side flashes are as pointless as always, but people who like these characters can get something out of it I guess. I'm again stuck with how slow things are progressing in what's supposed to be "THE END". Lost super fans are acting like this was the best episode ever shown though, which I find to be sort of depressing. Maybe they planned these episodes to do basically nothing because of the Olympics. Who knows. =.=

And I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm trying to figure out how people didn't know
who Claire's friend was. That screamed smoky to me the moment they said it. A lot of people are acting like they were blindsided by the smoke monster being involved with Claire.

As for any hope of Desmond playing a big role in this season, I wouldn't hold your breath. Supposedly he's more or less off the show now (which is sort of depressing as he was one of my favorite characters).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
Lost super fans are acting like this was the best episode ever shown though, which I find to be sort of depressing.

Don't they do it with every new episode?

CowTip said:
As for any hope of Desmond playing a big role in this season, I wouldn't hold your breath. Supposedly he's more or less off the show now (which is sort of depressing as he was one of my favorite characters).

Widmore it is then.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Don't they do it with every new episode?

Not all of them, the usually apologetic Lost fans I know are pretty frustrated by this season, and particularly last nights snooze cruise.

CowTip said:
And I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm trying to figure out how people didn't know
who Claire's friend was. That screamed smoky to me the moment they said it. A lot of people are acting like they were blindsided by the smoke monster being involved with Claire.

You should go ahead and be mean, since it was basically obvious as soon as they confirmed Locke was the smoke monster (if not before),
which was presumably also Christian, the man in the cabin, and ultimately the man in black (or at least they're all seemingly under the same power). So yeah, it wasn't even something to have guessed, the only questions involve the various forms and limitations of smokey, and what Claire sees versus what everyone else does.

P.S. Check this out...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1207449/Jeff-Goldblums-new-girlfriend-Lost-star-Alex-whos-35-years-junior.html

Way to go, "Jurassic" Jeff! :badbone:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
10 more episodes and this is over.

I for one, didn't like Sayid's alternate "never got into the island" parallel. At least he was still kicking ass. So according to Miles he was already dead, so smokey brought him back? At least now we know who he follows now. And hippie dude and the Japanese man stayed together till their deaths. I hope Claire gets to have some fun with Kate pretty soon, since she told Jin what would she do to her if she did have Aaron. So who do we have with Smokey now. Sawyer,Claire,Sayid,(do Kate and Jin count?)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm glad Sayid's true nature is now solidified as E V I L. He's been waffling on that the entire series.

I'm also surprised how quickly they nixed the whole "protected by the fortress" plotline. I figured that would last at least until the halfway point.

Griffith

This episode merits an old-fashioned Lost post, complete with animated gifs.

Th3Branded0ne said:
10 more episodes and this is over.

When I saw that on the preview, I was like, "Ugh, that many?" I'm not sure they're even counting the two hour finale either.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I for one, didn't like Sayid's alternate "never got into the island" parallel.

Rightfully so, that subplot was unbelievably lame save for the inevitable payoff. I couldn't believe it, I remember when this show was built on the strength of those side stories, and that was so stock and weak it was like a parody. Just Terrible.

losttouchdown.gif

Th3Branded0ne said:
I hope Claire gets to have some fun with Kate pretty soon, since she told Jin what would she do to her if she did have Aaron.

I was so hoping Smokey would cement his legacy as the best Lost character ever by killing Kate at the end. =)

Walter said:
Well, I'm glad Sayid's true nature is now solidified as E V I L. He's been waffling on that the entire series.

It really didn't make a whole lot of sense, except for the "he's been changed" cure-all explanation. I called the Japanese dude sending Sayid out only to die, and what a great plan, sending someone you know to be a threat to a meeting with your worst enemy (wasn't their possible collaboration exactly why he should want Sayid out of the picture?)... then when he returns, shows he's against you, and admits he has a Godfather offer from Evil Locke (whose promises are getting more ridiculous by the episode), so you bro out with him and share your sob story!? Geez, and his typical Lost story about his son didn't even make sense of why he didn't just kill Sayid when he had the chance in the first place, let alone why his next attempt risked putting Sayid in position to do the most damage possible, in basically the worst case scenario, when he already knew Sayid was so dangerous... GAAH! :mozgus:

lostthisfuckinshow.gif

Anyway, I was so glad when Sayid put him in the drink, and slitting that stupid hippie's throat was the cherry on top, though he should have done more to menace Ben. Still...

lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif

Loved it!​

Walter said:
I'm also surprised how quickly they nixed the whole "protected by the fortress" plotline. I figured that would last at least until the halfway point.

I was half expecting it since Jacob said it was too late to go back, of course with the slow start of this episode I also thought they'd pussyfoot around forever and we'd have to wait at least until the next episode, but was pleasantly surprised they wrapped it up by the end of this one (though they never explained how/why Dogen was keeping Locke out, not that it matters). Like I said, at that point I was only disappointed that Locke didn't kill Kate as well, I literally yelled at the TV when he was eying her, "Have Sawyer do it!" :guts: Anyway, I guess we're well on our way to filling out the rosters for the literal confrontation between good and evil... or some such simplified bullshit that amounts to the end of this show.

As for the preview:
Oh noes, Ben gonna die!? Yada yada yada, but I guess it also pretty much confirmed what we already guessed, that we haven't seen the last of the real John Locke.

lostlockedance2.gif

"Brains!"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
I for one, didn't like Sayid's alternate "never got into the island" parallel.

Neither did I. At least meeting with Jin was alright I guess.

Th3Branded0ne said:
So according to Miles he was already dead, so smokey brought him back? At least now we know who he follows now. And hippie dude and the Japanese man stayed together till their deaths. I hope Claire gets to have some fun with Kate pretty soon, since she told Jin what would she do to her if she did have Aaron. So who do we have with Smokey now. Sawyer,Claire,Sayid,(do Kate and Jin count?)

The Japanese dude really dropped the ball. I'm glad the hippie died soon after though, a befitting fate. And yeah, from the beginning I think it was clear Sayid had been brought back by something "evil", hence his "corruption". Too bad they had to make him almost cartoonishly evil. Lastly, I don't think Kate and Jin count as evil right now, they're just with the wrong people and can't really get away.

グリフィス said:
It really didn't make a whole lot of sense, except for the "he's been changed" cure-all explanation.

Hahaha but of course! Same with Claire really, only Kate will probably turn her around.

グリフィス said:
Anyway, I guess we're well on our way to filling out the rosters for the literal confrontation between good and evil... or some such simplified bullshit that amounts to the end of this show.

I'll applaud if Hurley turns out to be the grand savior. Vindication for fat asses everywhere. Also, the fucking magic ash that was supposed to protect from the monster was worthless after all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Too bad they had to make him almost cartoonishly evil.
Yeah, I noticed that too, but I think we were simply seeing the limitations of the actor there. "Look ... evil and, like you're on the edge of sanity!" "Ok, how's this?" :iva: "That'll ... that'll work I guess." It's also what I blame that trance-like evil state everyone looks like they're in when they follow Locke at the end of the episode.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Yeah, I noticed that too, but I think we were simply seeing the limitations of the actor there. "Look ... evil and, like you're on the edge of sanity!" "Ok, how's this?" :iva: "That'll ... that'll work I guess." It's also what I blame that trance-like evil state everyone looks like they're in when they follow Locke at the end of the episode.

Haha maybe yeah. I thought the fact the Japanese dude was all sad and opening up about his poor life and such also helped make it too much. I mean Sayid could have killed him in cold blood, that was enough. But some people would have said it was justified for allegedly double-crossing him (sending him against Smokey), so the writers probably thought his evilness needed to be more flagrant.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Haha maybe yeah. I thought the fact the Japanese dude was all sad and opening up about his poor life and such also helped make it too much. .
Yep. It was one of those moments where I was rolling my eyes at the writers. So, seriously? A guy comes back from the woods with Mr. Evil Incarnate to kill you and you start out with "I was a banker" and telling your killer about your dead son and the lowest point in your life? Really? Only on LOST...

lostthisfuckinshow.gif

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
The only thing that was worth for me in this episode, is that I got to see Widmore finally arrive at the island.
And what a cheesy scene it was too.

Griffith

You can say that again, it was like out of a 60's spy movie. :ganishka:

I enjoyed the episode though, just for the sake of Ben, and because at least it had a sensible little self-contained story all its own. Save for, of course, some of the ludicrous logistics in the culminating confrontations, but that's typical.
Hey Good Ben, you could've blackmailed him into doing the letter anyway. Real Ben would know that; or, after he made the guy hand over his job, he'd just force him to write the letter at gunpoint later, then shoot him anyway; a burglary gone wrong. =)

Then again, Real Ben would've also blown that Jacob-loving bitch away without a word. :femto:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
This episode left me indifferent enough that I don't really have anything to say. Ben talking about sacrificing his daughter for the island was alright but that's 100% due to the acting. I like that they're trying to redeem his character though. Hopefully he can sacrifice himself at the end and die with honor. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That episode was pretty much a throwaway. But next one looks promising -- a Richard flashback, explanation.

They'll have to work hard to fuck THAT up. Right? ..... Right? :azan:

Top Bottom