OMG! Zodd has never looked more adorable! ...And compromising... =)

I was going to post this in my berserkstatues.com thread, but I just decided to make a new one for this. I think it's cool enough to merit it's own thread!!! :ganishka:

Anyways, for those that don't know, I currently work at Media Blasters, the American company that licensed the Berserk anime in the States. One of my colleagues, Anna Yamamoto, is the very one who designed the Guts and Griffith plush toys that were released in stores several years back! What you see down below is the retail version of Guts, the original prototype of Guts, and a custom Zoddo plush that she made and gave to me on my birthday!!! She made me giddier than a 13 year old boy going through puberty!

As the pictures show, the original prototype of Guts is significantly larger than the retail version. Of course, being that the prototype was hand sewed by the masterful Anna herself, there is a lot more detail and precision when comparing it to the retail version. The material is also sturdier and of higher quality. I still can't believe she gave it to me! After only working there for a few months, I saw it sitting behind her desk, and I noticed that something looked different about it. That's when she told me it was the ORIGINAL design prototype she made before they were mass produced. She knew I was a big Berserk fan, so she offered it to me! She also autographed the cape! What a cool friend =).

Then, a few months later, she surprised me with the GREATEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER. A custom Zodd plush toy, with wings!!! The quality of the piece is just amazing. Everything was done by hand, from the etching on the wings, to the claws, to the horn, to the hoofs... The arms and legs are jointed so it's fully posable, and the tail contains some sort of wire inside so the tail can be shaped too! The nose and hoofs are leather and the eyes are a nice spooky red just like Zodd is. Although in all honesty, this plush toy is more adorable than anything else!

Enjoy the pics and naughtiness! I got carried away with the poses, sorry. :guts:

Oh, and sorry Zodd... Hope I don't embarrass ya. :zodd:

Guts (Original Prototype) & Custom Zoddo Plush Toys

happyfamily.jpg

frontsideleft.jpg

frontsideright.jpg

frontsideleft2.jpg

frontarmsup.jpg

back.jpg

sidelegsback.jpg

standing.jpg

walking.jpg

sidelegup.jpg

riding.jpg

missionary.jpg

doggy.jpg

ridingtail1.jpg

ridingtail2.jpg

gutspairfront.jpg

gutspairface.jpg

gutspairpants.jpg

autograph.jpg

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Hahaha!

Aaaah, mate, you've outdone yourself. I can think of one guy who'd love one of these :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Those claws kind of remind me of a "where the wild things are" plush toy I had a very little kid. Anyways, great stuff, DirectDK :)

CnC

Ad Oculos
btw:
http://www.berserkstatues.com/other/plushies/finals/missionary.jpg
http://www.berserkstatues.com/other/plushies/finals/doggy.jpg

...sum'tin wrong wit' you, boy

CnC said:
btw:
http://www.berserkstatues.com/other/plushies/finals/missionary.jpg
http://www.berserkstatues.com/other/plushies/finals/doggy.jpg
...sum'tin wrong wit' you, boy
LOLOL :ganishka: Yeah I know! It's less confusing that way though, as opposed to zodd1.jpg, zodd2.jpg, etc etc. Hehehe. That IS pretty funny you noticed that though.

Aazealh said:
Now a Puck plushie is in order. :puck:
Oh, so I linked Anna to the thread and she saw your post. She's actually thought about it before but never got around to doing it. She's working on a plush behelit right now, though. I'm curious to see that when it's done! She didn't specify whether it's asleep or awake.

Another co-worker mentioned a Void plush would be cute. Can you imagine the BRAIN on that thing? HAHA. Hilarious.

Lastly, if you saw her flickr page, you will notice there is a Zodd plush similar to mine, except it has 2 horns and no wings. Anna actually made 4 of those last year (2 went to other co-workers, 1 went to one of the guys that works for the dubbing studio, and 1 went to KENTAROU MIURA himself!)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Oh, so I linked Anna to the thread and she saw your post. She's actually thought about it before but never got around to doing it. She's working on a plush Beherit right now, though. I'm curious to see that when it's done! She didn't specify whether it's asleep or awake.

Cool, it'll surely be interesting to see.

DirectDK said:
Lastly, if you saw her flickr page, you will notice there is a Zodd plush similar to mine, except it has 2 horns and no wings. Anna actually made 4 of those last year (2 went to other co-workers, 1 went to one of the guys that works for the dubbing studio, and 1 went to KENTAROU MIURA himself!)

Very nice, maybe Miura keeps it around in his house. :guts:

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Wow, congrats Derek. That's just...what's the word? Awesomebrilliantgorgeoushyperwow! :isidro:

Would she make a 1:1 plush Dragonslayer? :SK:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
And I echo the sentiment that I also want one, excellent poses too, reminds me off...

http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/Gutsram2.jpg

Send that to AOW, get the statue made.

"Dear AOW,

Make this happen.

~GnM
p.s Spare no expense"

Top Bottom