Puck - Anyone miss how he was early on?

Puck used to be the character that would be both the Emoti-meter during certain scenes, and a character that would describe what the readers are seeing. With Schierke in the picture, Puck no longer really needs to do that. His current role of comic relief, comic cameo's, witty comments, and Isidro's sidekick, is completely fine with me. I like it this way. And Puck already knows Guts quite well, he has no need to go back to when they first met. It was understandable back then that Puck would be shocked by some of the things Guts has done, but now it's pretty status quo. He knows Guts' personality, so I don't think he'll be trying to stop him from doing something, anytime soon. Then again, Apart from going berserk, Gut's hasn't really done anything questionable like he did in the early volumes.

There's no going back. All I want from Puck is a funny or ridiculous moment when they get to Elfhelm and meet the king. In fact, I hope he gets scolded or it turns out the elf king is just as extroverted and unaccountable and ridiculous as Puck is. :troll:
Who knows, maybe they're family; 'the prodigal son returns'

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Ramen4ever said:
Puck used to be the character that would be both the Emoti-meter during certain scenes, and a character that would describe what the readers are seeing. With Schierke in the picture, Puck no longer really needs to do that. His current role of comic relief, comic cameo's, witty comments, and Isidro's sidekick, is completely fine with me. I like it this way. And Puck already knows Guts quite well, he has no need to go back to when they first met. It was understandable back then that Puck would be shocked by some of the things Guts has done, but now it's pretty status quo. He knows Guts' personality, so I don't think he'll be trying to stop him from doing something, anytime soon. Then again, Apart from going berserk, Guts hasn't really done anything questionable like he did in the early volumes.

There's no going back. All I want from Puck is a funny or ridiculous moment when they get to Elfhelm and meet the king. In fact, I hope he gets scolded or it turns out the elf king is just as extroverted and unaccountable and ridiculous as Puck is. :troll:
Who knows, maybe they're family; 'the prodigal son returns'
i agree completely with these statements

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
I can't wait for Elfhelm. I'm curious to see what direction Miura takes puck. Maybe he'll get back to his roots and have some more star time. I sure hope so, and I can understand your sentiment.

Although to his credit, he already knows Guts pretty well. Their relationship is pretty much already established. So yeah, what everyone else said.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
And Puck already knows Guts quite well, he has no need to go back to when they first met. It was understandable back then that Puck would be shocked by some of the things Guts has done, but now it's pretty status quo. He knows Guts' personality, so I don't think he'll be trying to stop him from doing something, anytime soon.

Beyond what you listed, Puck also plays the jaded old schooler at times. He's like an old man who's seen it all, and in a sense, he has.

Aphasia said:
I can't wait for Elfhelm. I'm curious to see what direction Miura takes puck. Maybe he'll get back to his roots and have some more star time. I sure hope so, and I can understand your sentiment.

Although to his credit, he already knows Guts pretty well. Their relationship is pretty much already established. So yeah, what everyone else said.

I didn't mean as to go back to being the dude that always tell Guts "What the hell man, you just cut an entire army in two!" but more like a serious moment for Puck,
maybe there will be more of Puck's Origin, or something like that, maybe he IS some kind of prodigal son or something.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lauro said:
maybe there will be more of Puck's Origin, or something like that
I think that's a foregone conclusion at this point.

Puck's silence when asked about the king of the elves, and his subdued reply of "I got bored" when asked about why he left Elfhelm, all imply that there's more to this character than we know. And since they're headed straight to his old home, I think we can safely count on some kind of dialogue or scenario relating to his past.

And it's going to be awesome :ubik:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Lauro said:
I didn't mean as to go back to being the dude that always tell Guts "What the hell man, you just cut an entire army in two!" but more like a serious moment for Puck,
maybe there will be more of Puck's Origin, or something like that, maybe he IS some kind of prodigal son or something.

Yeah, That's the attitude I was referring to as well; One of my favorite moments for Puck is when he is overwhelmed by all the feelings pouring out of guts. All the anger, sadness, fear, etc. It's neat that Puck can get such intense vibes from people. It makes their relationship have more of an understanding.

Walter said:
Puck's silence when asked about the king of the elves, and his subdued reply of "I got bored" when asked about why he left Elfhelm, all imply that there's more to this character than we know. And since they're headed straight to his old home, I think we can safely count on some kind of dialogue or scenario relating to his past.

I'm so looking forward to this. A prodigal son take would be interesting.

Walter said:

Puck's silence when asked about the king of the elves, and his subdued reply of "I got bored" when asked about why he left Elfhelm.

Wouldn't it be an awesome twist if they found out that Puck was the king. I wonder what Guts would say.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
slan69 said:
Wouldn't it be an awesome twist if they found out that Puck was the king. I wonder what Guts would say.
:guts: : Why the FUCK did you make me travel across the world?
:SK: : Wait a minute... how did I not recognize you?!

Top Bottom