Nintendo DS games

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Humm i know there's a thread on the DS and it seems to mostly talk about the platform itself. I got one for my birthday and i have finished the new Zelda game and mostly Super Mario 64. So out of games i am and i want new ones. I thought of these ones and wanted to have you guys your opinion on them if you played and/or suggestion for other games that i probably have missed:

Contra 4
The New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart (it'll always be a classic for me)

Have you played them? heard comments on them? help a guy here! :)

Edit: if there is a thread about Nintendo Ds Games then i'm sorry for missing it by the way and feel free to merge it if it's possible!
My bad just in case :p

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Well it hasnt come out yet but Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword..............from the trailers this title looks like teh OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!! :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
I got one for my birthday and i have finished the new Zelda game and mostly Super Mario 64. So out of games i am and i want new ones. I thought of these ones and wanted to have you guys your opinion on them if you played and/or suggestion for other games that i probably have missed:

Contra 4
The New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart (it'll always be a classic for me)

Well, there's really a lot of choice, depending on what you like. The 3 games you've listed are good, so you can go for it. After that, I'd need more details on your tastes, but here's a list of games I'd recommend anyone (non-exhaustive and in no particular order):

Tetris DS
Meteos
Phoenix Wright 1, 2, 3, 4
FFXII: Revenant Wings
Front Mission
Advance Wars DS
Trauma Center
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Mario vs Donkey Kong 2
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Final Fantasy III
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Picross DS
Elite Beat Agents
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Clubhouse Games
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Pokemon Pearl/Diamond
Animal Crossing Wild World

That's off the top of my head and I'm sure I forgot many titles, if you need more of them I'll be more thorough once I get home from work.

jackson_hurley

thx for the list aaz, humm what does the Mario and Luigi : partners in time looks like? is it similar to the other Mario games like more platform style or is it more like Mario rpg? or maybe a mix of both like a certain Mario on the game boy advance i think?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
thx for the list aaz, humm what does the Mario and Luigi : partners in time looks like? is it similar to the other Mario games like more platform style or is it more like Mario rpg? or maybe a mix of both like a certain Mario on the game boy advance i think?

It's a RPG, the sequel to Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga on GBA.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
jackson_hurley said:

Let me tell you something without exaggeration, that is my game of the year. I've steadily been putting about an hour or more a day into that game for like two months now and it's amazing how much I've improved. That's the great thing about that game, you see yourself improving with every playthrough. I couldn't recommend a better twitch shooter or action game than that, only theres one question. Are you tough enough to go through it and not get turned off by the difficulty? I'm not going to lie, this game is tough! But you get better with each playthrough. I still haven't tackled hard mode yet, I'm still trying to get better normal mode playthroughs. I would be excited if you got this game, then I would have a contra buddy.

jackson_hurley

handsome rakshas said:
Let me tell you something without exaggeration, that is my game of the year. I've steadily been putting about an hour or more a day into that game for like two months now and it's amazing how much I've improved. That's the great thing about that game, you see yourself improving with every playthrough. I couldn't recommend a better twitch shooter or action game than that, only theres one question. Are you tough enough to go through it and not get turned off by the difficulty? I'm not going to lie, this game is tough! But you get better with each playthrough. I still haven't tackled hard mode yet, I'm still trying to get better normal mode playthroughs. I would be excited if you got this game, then I would have a contra buddy.

of course i am up for the challenge! considering i never got to get my hands on it on original Nintendo! i want revenge! haha it's probably the first game I'm gonna get first. with maybe the Mario and Luigi that Aaz talked about cause I've always wanted to play the rpg one on game boy advance but i don't have that platform. is it true you have like the first 2 or 3 contras included in it? that's be awesome

thx Aaz for the heads up about Mario and Luigi by the way that was enough to convince me into buying it. :guts: I'm a Mario addict!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
haha it's probably the first game I'm gonna get first. with maybe the Mario and Luigi that Aaz talked about cause I've always wanted to play the rpg one on game boy advance but i don't have that platform. is it true you have like the first 2 or 3 contras included in it? that's be awesome
You can play GBA games on the DS. There's a cartridge slot on the bottom of the DS Lite. Anyway, I thought the DS sequel to Superstars was indeed the best one of the two. It's got a more evolved battle system and was just generally more fun.

Another game I never really thought I'd play much on DS but now am obcessed with is Picross.

jackson_hurley

Walter said:
You can play GBA games on the DS. There's a cartridge slot on the bottom of the DS Lite.

are you kidding me? the little slot in front of it is for that? do we need a special adaptor or something or it should work directly? AWESOME!!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
are you kidding me? the little slot in front of it is for that? do we need a special adaptor or something or it should work directly? AWESOME!!!

You're the one that must be kidding... Of course it works directly. Just pop the cartridge in and you're good to go. Damn dude, how could you have missed that?

jackson_hurley

Aazealh said:
You're the one that must be kidding... Of course it works directly. Just pop the cartridge in and you're good to go. Damn dude, how could you have missed that?

to be honest i have no idea haha! i got it like 2 months ago and since i don't have the gba advance i didn't check the advantage of that platform! i know already that i can play wireless with someone in a range of 20meters i think to chat or play some games but had no idea it was compatible! wow haha i feel great now! thx guys for these precious info! (i suck though haha should have check that out first :p)

I actually got Nintendogs for free (mom stole if from a little kid to give to me, lmao) but it's not bad for free but for god's sake stay away from those types of games otherwise. I also saw some sort of quiz thing in the store and of course brain age and that stuff. They all seem to be alright but just not worth buying. Nintendo for little kids perposes obviously makes a lot of repetitive games with no ending.
I have to agree with Aazealh's list. I'm a huge Phoenix Wright & Castlevania fan as well as Hotel Dusk. Trace Memory is okay too but not worth a replay really. I'm kind of curious about Dementium as well but seeing as where its at, it's probably not fantastic. RE: Deadly Silence is also cool if you feel like replaying the original RE1 as well.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TriFrog said:
I actually got Nintendogs for free (mom stole if from a little kid to give to me, lmao) but it's not bad for free but for god's sake stay away from those types of games otherwise.

Well, I don't have it myself and I can't say I'm a fan of those games, but honestly I have to admit that it's pretty good at what it does. So if jackson_hurley just happened to love puppies, I'd tell him to go for it. :guts:

TriFrog said:
I also saw some sort of quiz thing in the store and of course brain age and that stuff. They all seem to be alright but just not worth buying. Nintendo for little kids perposes obviously makes a lot of repetitive games with no ending.

Hahaha, actually I believe those are for old folks. :void:

TriFrog said:
RE: Deadly Silence is also cool if you feel like replaying the original RE1 as well.

Yeah, I think it's a pretty cool port overall, and both modes are enjoyable. Didn't include it in my list because of the GC remake though, it can be hard to go back to the original when you've played it. By the way, you reminded me that we don't even have a Phoenix Wright thread while at least several members really like the series, that's a shame (read that I'm too lazy to make one but suggesting that someone else does).

Aazealh said:
Well, I don't have it myself and I can't say I'm a fan of those games, but honestly I have to admit that it's pretty good at what it does. So if jackson_hurley just happened to love puppies, I'd tell him to go for it. :guts:
or ponies, they have ponies now :guts:
Hahaha, actually I believe those are for old folks. :void:
yes true, though they just get crazy sometimes. like in brain academy they fill the screen, both of them with a random list of words your suppost to remember in order. Frankly thats the part where I'm like screw this, haha. I like drawing the sharks though lmao.

By the way, you reminded me that we don't even have a Phoenix Wright thread while at least several members really like the series, that's a shame (read that I'm too lazy to make one but suggesting that someone else does).
and true, why not!
Frankly I like detective like games though, so maybe thats why I'm a big fan of Phoenix and Hotel Dusk. Funny to say I like thinking games and say I dislike brain Academy at the same time, but I'm sure you see my point as to why. And those damn matchstick mini games in hotel dusk.. perhaps thats why I also like that corny computer game called Azada, just a bunch of random find me or figure it out stuff opposed to do this over and over, count these guys as they enter and leave the house type things.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TriFrog said:
or ponies, they have ponies now :guts:

Yeah, but those other games aren't good. :carcus:

TriFrog said:
and true, why not!
Frankly I like detective like games though, so maybe thats why I'm a big fan of Phoenix and Hotel Dusk. Funny to say I like thinking games and say I dislike brain Academy at the same time, but I'm sure you see my point as to why. And those damn matchstick mini games in hotel dusk.. perhaps thats why I also like that corny computer game called Azada, just a bunch of random find me or figure it out stuff opposed to do this over and over, count these guys as they enter and leave the house type things.

A fan of detective games, you say? Have you got Touch Detective? I do. :judo: Well, it's not that bad, but it's not that good either.

Aazealh said:
A fan of detective games, you say? Have you got Touch Detective? I do. :judo: Well, it's not that bad, but it's not that good either.
yes yes I actually did have it and i beat it. then it came to me not getting everything on "the TOUCH LIST" oh no! And that was the end of that simply because I didn't want to ever re-beat it. Got any others? hehe

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TriFrog said:
yes yes I actually did have it and i beat it. then it came to me not getting everything on "the TOUCH LIST" oh no! And that was the end of that simply because I didn't want to ever re-beat it. Got any others? hehe

Well, I haven't played Touch Detective 2½, but I might give it a shot whenever I get the time. :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Homie Rollerz to debut in Feb. 08!
http://ds.ign.com/objects/956/956773.html

[quote author=IGN]
Homie Rollerz is a fast-paced, mayhem-laden kart racer where players can pick one of the 10 most popular Homies, customize their slick rides, then trick, hop, and battle through courses with settings, shortcuts, and secrets as unique as the Homies themselves. Earn more respect by beefing up the suspension and hydraulic systems for better turning and cooler tricks when racing. Hit the garage to upgrade each racer's stats for a little extra edge. Enter mysterious races like the Wizard Circuit, where the wise and legendary Homie known as Wizard will grant one skilled winner a single wish. Players will be able to learn important back-stories for each of the Homies.[/quote]
Check it, homie.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
O dat shiit bee dope, Wallay Bee!!

Seriously though, my wife just completed the first Phoenix Wright game and fucking loved it. She's nagging me to get into it, but I know it won't take much once we own a couple more. So, from Mrs. Uriel Demon of the Fall Of the Vortex, give Phoenix Wright a look!

jackson_hurley

Well I just got the New Super Mario Bros and it really is fun after all! I'm already at level 6 but i need to unblock level 4 anyway good fun I'd say for those who didn't play yet that it's like a mix of Mario bros, Mario bros 3, super Mario (snes) and Mario 64

Top Bottom