Most emotional moments of Berserk

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
When Istart to think about emotional moents of Berserk Igot difficulties to put things in a certain order because of the simple reason that there are so much decicive moments that bring ur emotions out of order,make u think intensively and kind of touch u deep inside.
One of the toughest of this moments for me(besides the last vol.of the anime) u ll find in vol.6:
/Guts gets the order of Griffith to kill Julius
(the archer who tried to assassinate Griffith a little earlier)
/After Guts finished his job he gets disturbed by the young Adonis
(he really impressed me although only appeared for a very short time)
/Immediately Guts kills the boy sticking his huge sword towards the little body.
/at that moment they face eachother eye to eye.Guts seems to be horrified of himself and realizes his mistake
(shortly before he watched adonis training with the general which reminded him of his own childhood and the brutal behaviour of gambino)
/so the tragedy was, that these to really resemble eachother and guts is aware of the fact that he killed someone special. :'(
So what is ur personal most emotional moment till now?

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun
Well, since I can only work off of the anime (I haven’t read all of the manga’s yet :( ), I would have to say that the most emotional moment is when Gatts finds Griffith’s tortured husk of a body and starts to cry over the pain that his friend has had to suffer :'( :'( :'(

I`d have to say the scene where Gatts and Caska kiss for the first time is the most romantic moment in the whole manga. It`s just so beautifully sequenced as Gatts and Caska awkwardly make contact with one anothers` lips. And of course it`s followed by them having hardcore sex. Oh Miura! I love ya, but you just aren`t the most subtle guy!

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Well.... there are tons of them, all more emotional than the other. But I'll pick my usual underrated scene, just because it's more subtle... ;)

Right after Griffith has recuperated from Zodds attack, when he meets up with Gatts who has been training. The silence after that comment: "Do I need a reason every time I save your life?"... as we pull away for a longshot, Gatts sitting on the railing, Griffith is leaning against it, the autumn leaves in the air, the soft music... that peaceful moment is just so... I don't know. It moves me so deeply.

maximus

Right after Griffith has recuperated from Zodds attack, when he meets up with Gatts who has been training. The silence after that comment: "Do I need a reason every time I save your life?"... as we pull away for a longshot, Gatts sitting on the railing, Griffith is leaning against it, the autumn leaves in the air, the soft music... that peaceful moment is just so... I don't know. It moves me so deeply.
Like that scene too!

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Well, since I can only work off of the anime (I haven’t read all of the manga’s yet :( ), I would have to say that the most emotional moment is when Gatts finds Griffith’s tortured husk of a body and starts to cry over the pain that his friend has had to suffer :'( :'( :'(
yeah, me too. The most emotional moment in that scene is the one when Caska gets closer to griffith, and gattsu says: "stay there". When Caska tries to proceed, gattsu looks at her and shouts: "Stay there".
other scenes:
) "A friend is someone who is on my level" at the fountain,
) the fight between Gattsu and Caska,
) young Adonis dies

I already mentioned them at another thread (Walter posted the link above).

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
yeah, me too. The most emotional moment in that scene is the one when Caska gets closer to griffith, and gattsu says: "stay there". When Caska tries to proceed, gattsu looks at her and shouts: "Stay there".
other scenes:
) "A friend is someone who is on my level" at the fountain,
) the fight between Gattsu and Caska,
) young Adonis dies

I already mentioned them at another thread (Walter posted the link above).

Yeah... there are so many of them... hell, there was hardly an anime episode without being deeply touched emotionally. Too many to mention...

It was touching also when Griffith couldn't lift his sword anymore during Gatts' fight against Wild and -why haven't anyone mentioned it?- the fading of Judeau's senses at the time of his death :'(

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
the fading of Judeau's senses at the time of his death :'(
yeah, that's also one of the very best! i like that moment, when you find out about the truth concerning judeau's feelings towards caska. He's protecting her the best he can, and sacrifices himself to rescue her. heart-breaking...
judeau is such a cool character!

maximus

i like that moment, when you find out about the truth concerning judeau's feelings towards caska. He's protecting her the best he can, and sacrifices himself to rescue her. heart-breaking...
judeau is such a cool character!
Man,thats really one of the toughest scenes as u already know my opinion about that.
Incredible tense and focus of emotions.
Very deep and ...just tough to think about! :(

Judeau really is one of the most underestimated characters:He really is a bright light in the gruel and shadowed world of berserk.

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
For me it has to be the scene in bonfire of dreams were Gatts kinda opens up his heart a little bit just a little when explaining why he does what he does, very very cool. And another touching scene also the Griffis fountain Gatts step scene the music for both of the scenes just makes really touching.

maximus

well the whole story of berserk is emotional and there are hardly any scenes which are not affecting feelings or deeper thoughts...
so that is again one of the most important points bout berserk....
its deepness and the possibillity to identify urself with the characters so easily!
i guess i just wanted to add once more that berserk is a great piece of master work!

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
well the whole story of berserk is emotional and there are hardly any scenes which are not affecting feelings or deeper thoughts...
so that is again one of the most important points bout berserk....
its deepness and the possibillity to identify urself with the characters so easily!
i guess i just wanted to add once more that berserk is a great piece of master work!

how come you make a post in this thread now? have you seen parts of the anime again?

BOB

poruno sutâ
hehe trapped soul can be such a meanie :D

Back to the subject most emotional moment to me was hearing hirasawas god hand mix of forces as i'm so much addicted to music.
Wasn't quite what this topic is really about so i would say the eclipse, as it was indeed the most emotional moment for all those involved. Feelings like loss, helplessness and fear were IMO never before or after that drawn at such an intense level. Everyones world crushed in at that point of the story, leaving everyone (exept for the god hand and their apostles), if not dead then at least a cripple and that includes Casca, Guts and Griffith.
What is also very emotional about the manga is all the little passages where glimpses of hope come through, though Miura wisely shatteres them only several panels later.

maximus

how come you make a post in this thread now? have you seen parts of the anime again?
yeah,and it still kinda effects me...! :-X
(if ya know what i mean...)

The_Mysterious_N

Hai Yai Forces
The most emotional moment for me that I don't think anyone has mentioned is the second duel between Guts and Griffith. I liked how they showed everyone's thoughts and of course the part when Guts walked away without turning back while Caska calls his name. That was BEAUTIFUL. I won't even mention the eclipse...Are these my last words?

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
2 moments:
berserk001.jpg

berserk002.jpg

The visuals really enchances the overwhelming context...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I'd say some things that touched me that I haven't seen here such as Guts childhood and when Griffith reborn at the end of the 'grand festival' : Zoddo reappears, and SK aims Griffith by his finger,and Guts has to choose between Casca and Griffith...
hum...each meeting between Guts and Griffith is really explosive

maximus

hum...each meeting between Guts and Griffith is really explosive
yeah their meetings are always special....
imagine how their last one will than be like...
hmm.... ???

Top Bottom