Gamecock vs. John Romero

CnC

Ad Oculos
John Romero and Gamecock's Mike Wilson are letting some of the shit fly about what happened towards the end of Ion Storm and the "John Romero is going to make you his bitch ad".

Romero's volley:
http://kotaku.com/345386/john-romero-dishes-on-bitch-ad

Which prompted Wilson to lash back:
http://kotaku.com/346816/gamecock-head-tears-into-john-romero-its-getting-ugly

...I just thought some people here might enjoy the fireworks :)
It's even more funny knowing neither of these guys have really been responsible for a good game...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Is there any way we can extend them membership invitations and get exclusive rights to this?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that sure was entertaining. I'm pretty sure both are jackasses on their own level, but I've got to admit that Wilson does seem to be in a better place to talk than Romero.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Well, that sure was entertaining. I'm pretty sure both are jackasses on their own level, but I've got to admit that Wilson does seem to be in a better place to talk than Romero.

Yup. I agree. Not really a fan of Romero, but Wilson doesn't exactly take the high ground here... :void:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, Wilson's talking some pretty bad smack for someone trying to act like he's on the moral high ground. He comes off bitter and pathetic, while Romero just comes off pathetic. Also, classy move saying he didn't care to respond but his friends and family twisted his arm... yeah right, his heart obviously wasn't in it, he was forced by his loved ones! I'd hate to see what he'd say if he wasn't writing so dispassionately. =)

Anyway, I hope this ends with Gamecock hiring John Romero, it sounds like the perfect place for both of them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
Also, classy move saying he didn't care to respond but his friends and family twisted his arm... yeah right, his heart obviously wasn't in it, he was forced by his loved ones!

Hahaha, and he kept repeating it too, because saying so once would have been too subtle and people might have missed it!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
yeah right, his heart obviously wasn't in it, he was forced by his loved ones! I'd hate to see what he'd say if he wasn't writing so dispassionately. =)

I'd laugh so hard right now if Romero went and responded quote by quote :troll:

CnC

Ad Oculos
http://kotaku.com/347075/john-romero-and-mike-wilson-bickering-continues

Romero's attempt to stop the slap-fest were somewhat contradicted by what he put in the comment section to his own blog.
:schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Romero's attempt to stop the slap-fest were somewhat contradicted by what he put in the comment section to his own blog. :schierke:

Well, I don't know, doesn't seem too bad to me. He's obviously trying to discreetly spin things in his favor, but it's not nearly as bad as the previous stuff.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
This all makes me want to download Daikatana and relive the pain all over again!

Daikatana.torrent

Seeds: 0
Leechers: 2

Man, even torrenters don't show any love to the trailblazing philanthropic, artificial breast enhancing advocate and co-creator of DOOM.

That was one of the best...I don't know, internet drama...blowup ever. I wonder what Romero's reply to breast implants and fatherless kids will be (lol subtitle=bastard). IPPON SHOBU, HAJIME!

Top Bottom