Gatsu the semi-unbreakable

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
I have another thoery of Gutts' incredible strength and ability to take a beaten and ask for seconds. I thought of this after watching the movie Unbreakable. This theory is scientific and many of you will have your own opinions about it.

For those of you who are unfamiliar of the movie. Bruce Willis's character, David, is the sole survivior of a devastating train wreck. He is miraculously unhurt and uninjured. Enter Samuel L. Jackson's character, Elijah. He suffers from a rare genetic disorder known as Ostiogenesis Inperfecta. This disease leaves Elijah's bones as brittle as glass. The hypothesis of Elijah is that if he is on one end of the human spectrum, brittle, there must be an individual that is on the other end, unbreakable.

Gatsu may be SOMEWHERE on the other end of this disorder's spectrum... :eek:

Or screw this theory and the SkullKnight OR Zodd is Gutts' daddy.  ;D

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
I don't think so. As good a movie as Unbreakable is, Jackson's character is wrong in his assumption that some people have genetically super-strong bones. The other end of the spectrum is what most people have-- the potential to have very strong bones. I think Gutts got his sturdy bones the old fashioned way, by repeatedly putting great stress on his skeleton.

Vermillion

Nope... the most logical one is that he is the 'hero' of the story...

Best protection there is...

Protection from what? Death?? I think not.

All hero's die. That's how legends are born...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
She means the reasoning behind Guts seemingly invulnerable nature. The fact that hes still alive, and able to kick demons arses left and right: Hes the main character.

Vermillion

True, true...

I just can't get over the feeling that this will end with a great tragedy. If Caska or the SkullKnight dies, that will suck.

But it will be way more tragic if the main character....

Top Bottom