Anon. VS Scientology: Who ever wins, we lose!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Ladies and Gentleman of SK. There is a great internet war upon us. The Anon. have felt that they need to eradicate Scientology from the internet and beyond. War has been declared by Anon and operations have begun. First a recap.

Crazy boy Tom Cruise makes this video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0

Censoring began soon after where comments made about said clip where edited through out many websites that hosted/linked to said video.

Anon. declares war in the name of freedom of speech, knowledge, and epic lulz.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l4ESZS1QSVw

What say you knave?

Anyways, if most of you haven't noticed, this has gotten a lot of media attention and for the most part, most people are on the side of Anon. What do you think about this little parade? For me being a retarded denizen of the intertubes, I think its funnier then shit and I will be enjoying the ride. :troll:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Saw this a few days ago, it's brilliant.

The idea of those that speak for anonymous always leaves me uncomfortable. There are always those that ruin it for everyone. Epic lulz, indeed. Still, these "hackers on steroids", at least, are doing the world a service :p

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Anyways, if most of you haven't noticed, this has gotten a lot of media attention and for the most part, most people are on the side of Anon.

Of course they'd take anon's side. The Media would be on anon's side for the fact that they can't even suggest something bad about the Church of Scientology or quote any of their bull shit doctrine with out a fucking lawsuit.

Uriel said:
Saw this a few days ago, it's brilliant.

The idea of those that speak for anonymous always leaves me uncomfortable. There are always those that ruin it for everyone. Epic lulz, indeed. Still, these "hackers on steroids", at least, are doing the world a service :p

It's fox! Those are the people that brought you YEAR OF THE SHARK, ARE YOUR CHILDREN ADDICTED TO COUGH SYRUP and ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE CHINCHILLA ATTACK? The level of bull shit the local fox stations go to make people afraid of something is atrocious. So I'm not suprised the random [4chan party] van blowing up was just randomly thrown in there. IT'S FOX.

These news networks are ridiculous, In fact their using these DDOS "Hacks" to promote internet security... What a load of Sh!t.
They spent maybe 15 seconds talking about whats going on then for the rest of the "coverage" they talk about internet security.
Well, at least its funny.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Anon just leaked the entire video that the Tom Cruise clip came from:
Here's the first part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvAXpq7Xj4

...I'm just starting to watch it but so far there are a lot of words with no meaning. Tom Cruise wins the "Freedom Medal of Valor"??

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
CnC said:
...I'm just starting to watch it but so far there are a lot of words with no meaning. Tom Cruise wins the "Freedom Medal of Valor"??

All i've got so far is that, Executive > House Wife > Street sweeper.

Edit: also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-SOuEJUtNs

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

Yea I saw that. Dude's a genius.

S

Sanguinius

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

Your link has been taken down.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Apparently there was a pretty big protest in London against scientology, internet memes galore.

Full scoop:
http://deathboy.livejournal.com/1082404.html

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Scorpio said:
Apparently there was a pretty big protest in London against scientology, internet memes galore.

Full scoop:
http://deathboy.livejournal.com/1082404.html

500 people rick-rolling the UK Scientology head office. It was at this point I saw the corners of the cops' mouths twitch into smiles as they realised it was ok: we were from the internets.

There were numerous demands for "CAKE!" - Shortly followed by much more enthusiastic cries of "THE CAKE IS A LIE!" ... Then someone came round with cakes, prompting happy exclamations that "THE CAKE IS REAL!"

It's obvious those cops could just feel their selves getting dumber by the minute.

Edit: Also isn't /B's big thing racial slurs? When did cake become the new thing?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's going on in a lot of cities around the world, I know it was in various places in Australia a couple days ago.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I was really hoping to see more news coverage on this. I s'pose being in the USA I can blame the election BS for that.

Does it strike anyone else that the way this is playing out, was not too long ago completely impossible? A few decades ago, maybe just a few years, 0 to worldwide protests in a month, completely absurd? Is this the way the world works now and is it better or worse for it?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
Does it strike anyone else that the way this is playing out, was not too long ago completely impossible? A few decades ago, maybe just a few years, 0 to worldwide protests in a month, completely absurd? Is this the way the world works now and is it better or worse for it?
Define "this," because right now I haven't exactly seen any real evidence of progress on Anon's part. Just threats.

Majin_Tenshi

Walter said:
Define "this," because right now I haven't exactly seen any real evidence of progress on Anon's part. Just threats.

Well, unless you count DDoSing Scientology's servers, no, they haven't really accomplished anything. They officially "discourage" such actions so don't even count that.

Perhaps I've misheard but I've read they organized over 90 protests worldwide on the 10th (I heard 250 somewhere but I'll take that as unreliable). That is actual legal action.

The stated long term goals are to bring an end to the church of Scientology. They intend to hold more demonstrations to raise awareness, and eventually get the church's tax exemption repealed. I haven't seen anything detailing how they play to actually destroy the church itself but how do you destroy an organization without illegal action? On something like this I don't blame them for not making any real progress in only a month.

Wikipedia's site
Project Chanology's official site (down for whatever reason at this moment)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
I haven't seen anything detailing how they play to actually destroy the church itself but how do you destroy an organization without illegal action? On something like this I don't blame them for not making any real progress in only a month.
I think you could do that by publicizing some of the more blatantly crazy ideas of the religion. Why do you think the church was so hot-to-trot to keep Tom Cruise's interview away from public consumption? They're batshit insane. Oh yeah, and they let someone die as "punishment". Great. If they can be portrayed that way in front of the eyes of the world, that would be a start.

PS: Isn't this religious persecution?

Majin_Tenshi

Walter said:
I think you could do that by publicizing some of the more blatantly crazy ideas of the religion. Why do you think the church was so hot-to-trot to keep Tom Cruise's interview away from public consumption? They're batshit insane. Oh yeah, and they let someone die as "punishment". Great. If they can be portrayed that way in front of the eyes of the world, that would be a start.

PS: Isn't this religious persecution?

They have been trying to draw attention to that very stuff, but how much do people listen? I was noting a lack of more direct means of taking down the church, then draw attention to its evils.

As for religious persecution? The organized Anon's goal is to tear down the church and its practices. How its run like a business, causes deaths, destroys families, ect. They claim to not give a damn about the beliefs.

If there were a movement to tear down the catholic church would that be persecution against Christians? It wouldn't be discouraging the belief in Jesus, but just discouraging people from listening an organization thats known for torture(inquisition was catholic right?) and forgiving practiced pedophiles in its ranks. The reason the distinction with Scientology is easier to miss is because scientologists don't have a selection of churches to chose from.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I hear all that, but I think that's Anon talking sweetly into your ear against THE MAN. :guts:

Majin Tenshi said:
The organized Anon's goal is to tear down the church and its practices. How its run like a business, causes deaths, destroys families, ect. They claim to not give a damn about the beliefs.
We should stack Scientology next to Christianity to see which institution is guilty of more deaths.

Top Bottom