What will happen in the future??

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
One thing I keep wondering about, is Caska's and Gutts' future. They have both been branded and up to this point in the story, have survived. But how for how long?? We all know that Gutts can pretty much defend himself and kickass in the process, but what about Caska? True, when she was sane and a Hawk General, she was a damned skillful fighter. I think she has the potential to take out some apostle minions. However, sadly, I do not think that she can defend herself from apostles like the Snake Baron and the Count....and especially not against Zodd.

Even if she does or doesn't regain her sanity, Gutts can't be there to protect her 24x7. Sorry...but it just can't be done period! So, they are now going to Pucks homeland. For what!! Possibly to find a way to help Caska or just to keep here in a 'safe' place. If it does turn out to be a 'safe' place, does that mean that there are two opposing forces in this world....the all powerful and fearless God Hand vs. the cute and cuddly elves? And humans are simply caught in the middle of this whole mess. Afterall, puck DID say he felt an 'elf' aura about the skullknight.

I also think that there are other powerful apostles. The world of Berserk is large. And we have only seen one continent...Midland. This world has got to have other continents....or am I presuming too much? Utlimately, I do not think that this story will end in a 'happily ever after' manner. Unless the elves know of method to remove a brand...

Hey!! My first post! Wow...I feel kinda...wierd...inside................someone hold me please :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This post was originally in Character CHat, but belongs in Speculations, and so I moved it.

Alrighty, lets get right down to business  :D
However, sadly, I do not think that she can defend herself from apostles like the Snake Baron and the Count....and especially not against Zodd

This is true, however if Casca were to regain her sanity a large portion of Guts mental stability would probably be restored, making him SUPAH-GUTS! Sorry...I didnt mean that litearlly, what I mean is that I think that Casca as a character personality is more important to Guts (and Griffith) that her physicaly strength. If Miura wrote a 'restored' casca back in the story, Im sure hed have her kick some ass, and be a good helping hand to Guts.

So, they are now going to Pucks homeland. For what!! Possibly to find a way to help Caska or just to keep here in a 'safe' place.
Yep. Its because Godo's mine was destroyed. Guts needs to put casca in a place where she wont be haunted by demons/ghosts.

does that mean that there are two opposing forces in this world....the all powerful and fearless God Hand vs. the cute and cuddly elves? And humans are simply caught in the middle of this whole mess.
Well...its a possibility, Im not denying it, its just that theres no evidence of there being another 'side' than God Hand. There have been no allusions or hints at all in 22 volumes of the series. However, from volume 3 we knew about God Hand. I think based on that its safe to say that God Hand/Idea are the ruling force of the spiritual world.

If elves exist, their powers are limited.

I also think that there are other powerful apostles. The world of Berserk is large. And we have only seen one continent...Midland.
Well, weve seen more than Midland (its more of a country than a continent :) We have seen a Kushan Apostle (or a possible apostle, Rakshas). This is a thought I had a while back, but so far Miura is just chugging along with the perspective on Midland apostles. Oh well.

Utlimately, I do not think that this story will end in a 'happily ever after' manner. Unless the elves know of method to remove a brand...
Miura has said that it will not have a "negative" ending. (can Olivier get the real quote in there?) The elves? Bah, if anything will remove Idea's influence on the world it will be through the Ultimate Strong One theory. (which is still blatant speculation). If not that, then Idea will have to be "changed" in some way.

Good first post! Its rare to see speculations these days.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
However, sadly, I do not think that she can defend herself from apostles like the Snake Baron and the Count....and especially not against Zodd.

She'll probably not have to fight apostles on her own. i mean i don't know, i can be totally wrong, but I don't think that Caska is gonna be wiped out by some "normal" apostle or by Zodd... I really don't expect that to happen.

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h
I don't understand how this series can end with the Idea being destroyed. I mean the fact remains that man created the Idea, we need evil to justify bad things happening. There has to be boundries in our existence otherwise we aren't comfortable.

Unless that conflicting thougth is why 83 was removed, so he can come up with a different origin for the Idea.

Anyway if the plot of Berserk were up to a more formulamatic (yes I made that word up) author I would be thinking that somehow through Griffiths actions Gatts awakens the beast inside of himself and becomes super powerful and destroy everyone, but maybe right when he's about to kill Griffith Caska's sanity returns and she yells for him to stop, Caska's words allows Gatts to overtake the demon and return to normal he runs to Caska and they live happily ever after and Griffith dies from wounds already inflicted.

I don't think any of that is going to happen though because every time i made a prediction to myself about the direction of the anime I was sooo way off that i felt like an idiot. Besides who would want that dumbass ending. Anyway I'm much better at predicting the outcomes of cheesey high school date movies.

Isaac

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
...but maybe right when he's about to kill Griffith Caska's sanity returns and she yells for him to stop...
that's a nice idea
... he runs to Caska and they live happily ever after and Griffith dies from wounds already inflicted.
I don't know, I can see Guts forgiving Griffith for what he did, at the point Griffith understands that what he did was wrong.
But shortly after Griffith changes to a good guy again, he has to die... maybe from the wounds already inflicted... maybe he kills himself.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
My fav movies are Last of the Mohicans, Braveheart, Star Wars TPM, and Gladiator. In that order! Sad sad endings that involved a great loss to fulfil a grander purpose.

Berserk may end this way as well, despite what Miura says NOW.... :'(

Wouldn't that be a "happy" ending(in a cruel way)??

Isaac

I'm all for a happy ending, I just hope its not unrealistically happy. Like Griffith turns to the good side and betrays the godhand and helps gatts destory the idea, then Caska's sanity is returned, Gutts and Caska live happily ever after, Griffith and Charlotte rule a united peaceful kingdom for a thousand years, pukk hooks up with the little witch girls elf, and so on.

I think something important to us needs to be lost in order to attain and apreciate this happy ending that were supposed to get.

Isaac

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
I'm all for a happy ending, I just hope its not unrealistically happy.  Like Griffith turns to the good side and betrays the godhand and helps gatts destory the idea, then Caska's sanity is returned, Gutts and Caska live happily ever after, Griffith and Charlotte rule a united peaceful kingdom for a thousand years, pukk hooks up with the little witch girls elf, and so on.

hey if this ever happens, at least i could steal Cain's famous line: "That was undoubtedly the most meretricious grabage i've ever heard.(and promptly kills Abel "again" a few minutes later)" when everything is over. huh

The_Stick

"Shoot for the moon. That way, if you miss it
..Or maybe Gatts will kill Griffith at the end and die as well from a "brutal" fight.

Do you think that would be an appropriate and fitting end or is that too "negative?"

Isaac

I suppose that ending depends on the context, maybe if Caska was unbranded, back to normal and with Gatts child then i wouldn't mind Gatts dying so much.

Heheh wouldn't that be a great ending, Caska's like 8 months pregnent and she's climbed a tree adn tied a noose to the tree and around her neck and getting ready to jump hehe.

Isaac

The_Stick

"Shoot for the moon. That way, if you miss it
Heheh wouldn't that be a great ending, Caska's like 8 months pregnent and she's climbed a tree adn tied a noose to the tree and around her neck and getting ready to jump hehe.

Heh. History repeats itself.

Top Bottom