Charles Barkley: Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=68488.0

Here's a more informative link. It looks funny enough, but I haven't had time to try it out yet. Hell, I don't even have enough time to play all the serious games I actually buy... But anyway, I'll be giving it a shot whenever I get the chance.

I'm directing Griff to this thread in case he hasn't seen it yet, because I think he among everyone else is the most likely to enjoy it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
barkley1.PNG

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, I'm about 15 minutes in, and I must say I'm intrigued. Funny stuff, and impressive, I hope it'll stand on its own after the novelty wears off. I'm curious about the whole backstory and this "Chaos Dunk." =)

The only annoying thing was the big Japanophile speech by the save point (the earlier reference to wallscrolls already had my gaydar attuned to otaku mode, but this was ridiculous). I guess it comes with the territory for guys that would program an RPG like this though, so I can't really complain. =)

kobe.png

Griffith No More! said:
The only annoying thing was the big Japanophile speech by the save point (the earlier reference to wallscrolls already had my gaydar attuned to otaku mode, but this was ridiculous). I guess it comes with the territory for guys that would program an RPG like this though, so I can't really complain. =)

I thought that he was being an obnoxious ass but then one of the save points had a speech directed to a specific forum troll and I figured he couldn't be serious since most people don't know about specific forum communities. I think he was just poking fun at nerds.

Griffith No More! said:
Well, I'm about 15 minutes in, and I must say I'm intrigued. Funny stuff, and impressive, I hope it'll stand on its own after the novelty wears off. I'm curious about the whole backstory and this "Chaos Dunk." =)

The game is fun but simple. It's pretty easy and in many ways borrows from Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X. There's a lot of timing and reflexes involved. You see where your battles will be ahead of time and you can watch how the monsters move and time your arrival so that you see them from behind to gain an advantage in battle. Most of the attacks involve some sort of timing as well and there are chase sequences where you have to press keys at the right time. I hope for the next game that they expand on the timing and make it more of a challenge. I hear that this game is part one of "The Hoopz Saga".

They also keep adding more jokes and ridiculous premises so the game stays funny and actually interesting. Space Jam is an integral part of the story.

Griffith

Well, every time I enter Cyberdwarf's ship and we're going to go to Necron 5, the game hard crashes and I have to restart my computer. Kind of a bummer.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
Well, every time I enter Cyberdwarf's ship and we're going to go to Necron 5, the game hard crashes and I have to restart my computer. Kind of a bummer.
Does the game run in windowed mode? I'd try any other video-related setting change you can muster. Damn, this sucks. I really wanted to play this piece.

Griffith No More! said:

Vista? Try a WinXP compatibility mode?

Griffith

I got it working. It's not a problem isolated to me, and I had to get a different version of the .exe file. The only setback now is this version doesn't have joypad support so I have to play the rest on my keyboard, which shouldn't be too bad since I'm close to the end.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
I had to get a different version of the .exe file. The only setback now is this version doesn't have joypad support so I have to play the rest on my keyboard,
voidpixel.jpg
Shit's changed Griff. This ain't the golden age of homemade B-Ball RPGs anymore.

Top Bottom