Berserk Character studies

I went back to the picture of Mozgus again. Mozgus' shoulder was a bit wrong from the previous sketch so i tried again. The sketch is a bit rough though. Any suggestions before I start painting this in oil? - Many thanks.

Mozguscharcoal1.jpg

Here is the oil painting of St Mozgus of Albion..

Preacher.jpg

There were quite a lot of leftover paint so here are the additional paintings exercises..

This one is a knife painting..
green.jpg

And this one of Ganishka.. rather abstract..
shiva.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Those 3 are all pretty cool I have to say. The Ganishka one strikes me as quite frightening despite the bright colors, so I'd say it's a job well done. :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow vee, I can't think of much else to say, besides thanking you for contributing so many quality pieces. Your use of color and texture shows a real unpredictability in your work which makes it very exciting. :void:

Thank you very much, Deci, Grail and Aazealh. Glad you like the pics. Here are some more sketches..

SCHK.jpg

holyoffice.jpg

ganishka-3.jpg

Got two more that is still in the process of drying..
Sorry about the quality of the scans. Will update when I can find a more decent scanner/ digital camera somewhere.

X

Xem

Amazing!

I hope Mr. Miura has gotten word of some of the truly skilled pieces that show up around here. He would be proud. :miura:

Yes he would, those are nice pieces vee and they look like they could be a professionals work or even be in museum.

Now that would be nice wouldn't it a a whole museum of Berserk related art :troll:, sure would beat my local art museum I'll tell you that.

Some thumbnail sketches of Berserk characters.
A little frustrated by the fact that i've got a few exams coming so I can't really do any paintings at the moment. ARRGH!

sketch22.jpg

sketch11.jpg

sketch3.jpg

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Wow, I leave and come back and there is all this awesomeness to catch up on. Fantastic work vee! Your work has a great heft too it with all those thick, unrestrained strokes you use. Bonus points for the abstract stuff, I never thought I'd see anyone seriously attempt abstract fan art. Good luck on the exams!

Genome said:
Even if I don't see where the knife is... :serpico:
'Knife' reffers to 'pallette knife' which is essentially a very thin spatula used to mix and apply paint, and is often used for whole compositions since you can get so much texture.

Deviantart Berserk portrait studies

Some of you deviantart lurkers might have seen this, but I just thought I'd share anyway. I came across this guy's page on deviantart with these character studies from various things, including BERSERK. There's something about these that are really striking..

http://vee209.deviantart.com/art/Sonia-An-Oil-Study-87782396

check out his whole profile, this is just one of many. There's some really nice Silent Hill studies as well.

Top Bottom