Berserk Character studies

It's been a while since I last posted a pic here. Thank you for all the comments. Here are some sketches I've done recently.

zodd1.jpg

I intend to do an oil painting version of this when I get a bit more time to do some paintings.
zoddhorse1.jpg

This one of Gerome and Luka was a watercolour attempt. I really struggled with it. Will try to do an oil version as well.
geromeluka.jpg

That's excellent as always vee,i especially like the Gerome and Luka sketche,very good works!.
When will you atempt something for "the Beast of Darkness"?.
That would be great,i'm sure that you could manage to do something magnificent,just like the Zodd painting that you have done in the past.

I gotta agree with everyone. The Gerome and Luca one is really quite good. My one nit pick would be that Gerome looks a bit too young in this painting.. at least for me.

Ramen4ever: I do agree with you about Jerome. Will have to try another version of him.
Beast of Darkness: Here's a thumbnail sketch for you..
beast2.jpg

Here is a more detailed study of Zodd. Still struggling with the sword. Will try to complete the picture soon. Any suggestions welcome.
Zodd-rider1small.jpg

Thanks vee,this Beast of Darkness sketch looks pretty good.

Sincerely,the Zodd sketch is hallucinating(even if it's not completed yet),it seems that you are able to capture the warrior essence of this character,the expression of madness on his face,so much details,brilliant work once again!.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice. I love what you did with Luca and Jérôme, Zodd of course but also the Beast of Darkness.

X

Xem

I like them all, absolutely brilliant. The picture of Luca and Jerome makes me want to see more of them in the manga very soon. Great job as usual. =)

Awesome vee.
I'm no expert but are the horse's legs proportional? Or is it the lower front? I've got the feeling that something may not be right.

Oburi

All praise Grail
fuxberg said:
Awesome vee.
I'm no expert but are the horse's legs proportional? Or is it the lower front? I've got the feeling that something may not be right.

It's not like those are the whole legs. It's the just the front of the horse.

Looks great Vee. I like it a lot.

I think the legs of Zodd should be pointed in front of him : actually in the position you make, I think zodd should fall in front of him because of the legs... Don't know if i'm clear sorry =/
Anyway I like your stile, keep it up, very interesting work.

Looks awesome, great work. :guts:
Swords looking real nice though I'm not sure what he would be cutting at that angle. Or is he trying to slap someone on the head with the side of the blade. If he's swinging hard left.. there's not enough room to start a swing from up against the horse. Sorry, it's kind of difficult to be clear. Just look at the sword in relation to how Zodd is swinging and where the side of the horse is. If he was swinging from up top and hard down and to the left it would be more diagonal. Or is he changing the path of the sword in mid swing?

Umm.. pay attention to the swing at 27 seconds into the vid. Sorry it's hard to see but it's the only proper example I found on short notice. (I think it's the second decapitation. (just so you know what your clicking on it's Sleepy Hollow)
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Z3hWbviGo&feature=related

Here another vid with some reference swings. Though it's just as difficult to make out. (LOTR)
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwsKRpKS_M&feature=related

your best bet might be to turn the sword so he swings more down and only slightly to the left. Maybe Parallel to the horses neck and side.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions on the drawing. They are definitely very helpful.
Here is where I am on zodd's painting at the moment. Sorry about the quality of the picture. Any comments on the anatomy/ proportion etc before I move on the the details? Many thanks in advance.

HR017004.jpg

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Holy crap, that looks awesome. As far as concrit, wow, I dunno. The most I can say is I'm not real sure about the upper arm/shoulder, but I don't see anything explicitly wrong with it either. It's an extreme pose and I'm no expert ;D The sword itself and Zodd's face and the freaking horse are all deeply fucken awesome. :isidro:

Top Bottom