Berserk Character studies

Hi vee209.

I'm working on a 3D model, Zodd riding a horse, and seeing your own I was wondering if you had some references for the horse equipment, because it's difficult to find and I don't want to do any anachronism, even if it's fantasy...
I was also wondering If I could use a similar pose like the one you made in your great painting.

showguynie said:
Hi vee209.

I'm working on a 3D model, Zodd riding a horse, and seeing your own I was wondering if you had some references for the horse equipment, because it's difficult to find and I don't want to do any anachronism, even if it's fantasy...
I was also wondering If I could use a similar pose like the one you made in your great painting.

sure. I will send you some of the reference pictures i used if i have your email address.. Feel free to use this pose. Glad to hear that it inspires you :) Will try to post the complete pic soon.

Henry Spencer said:
:isidro:

Seriously, that's the best sketch of Zodd, ever. I'd proudly have that up on my wall. Ever thought of selling your art? :carcus:
Many thanks, Henry. I'm still working on the picture though since i'm not entirely happy with it yet. I kept reworking on it so hopefully you will get to see the final product at some point soon.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Zodd on horseback turned out nice man.

I like the group thing. Its very much like the real deal. Is the composition original? If so I am quite impressed.

I was looking through this thread again. Man Sonia 13 is still awesome lol. I hope you do more of her and the other Berserk girls.

Here is an oil painting of Ganishka. :ganishka:
ganishka2xxsm.jpg

For the horserider pic, I decide to change the colour quite drastically. LOADS of cadmium red went into it this time :) A few more detail and it should be finished :zodd:

zoddhorserider1.jpg

I will be off work next week so it's going to be my painting spree session!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Simply breathtaking. I LOVE the Ganishka painting. Are you planning to sell these by auction? If so, I'm very interested.

Kick ASS. Your drawing and painting skills are very enviable. I might have to do a painted style thing to compete!

If I saw these in a volume of Berserk, I wouldn't even think twice that Miura painted them himself.

*****Standing ovation*****

*ENCORE*

Walter said:
Simply breathtaking. I LOVE the Ganishka painting. Are you planning to sell these by auction? If so, I'm very interested.

Same here I would love the Zodd on Horse. The red and black is my favorite color combination. I took a look through the entire thread and respect your work and I'm glad you came here to look for respectful critiques. Would you ever put any of your artworks up for sale? Or as Walter asked by auction?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Now if Miura did an oil painting...yeah, they both are really that good. Honestly.

Miura paints very regularly. All volume covers and all posters are paintings. Hell, your avatar itself is something he painted. And I don't think you can tell the difference between acrylic and oil paint from a small reproduction.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Agreed, agreed, these are gorgeous. The energy just in Zodd's horse and the background is amazing. And my goodness that Ganishka pic pops. *applause* Like Death May Die, I wonder how big the originals are?

Thank you very much for all the comments. The original size of Ganishka painting is about 30cm X 30cm . Suppose it would work quite nicely as a big picture like 1mX1m size although i will probably struggle to get rid of it afterwards.
Zodd picture is on A2 size canvas.
I would not mind selling these pictures at all since it’s nice to know that they are going to someone who will look after them better than I do. However, I have never sold a single painting of mine online – just never get round to it. Anybody manage to sell their artworks on the net? Any advises on this area?

Many Thanks.

Heh I'd also be interested in buying your stuff (who wouldn't) though I doubt I could afford them! XD

As a fellow UK type person maybe it would a good idea to sell through a UK online gallery, like artgallery or similar

You could also go for larger sites such as foliotwist

Of course you could also sell high quality prints of your art through your devart account as well :ganishka:

Or you could make arrangements through PMs on this site, based on cost of materials, time, shipping, and size of work. And the method of payment could be worked out as well: money order, paypal, etc. it shouldn't be terribly difficult and there seems to be quite a bit of interest going on, which could involve long and bitter bidding wars!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Perineum Falcon said:
Or you could make arrangements through PMs on this site, based on cost of materials, time, shipping, and size of work. And the method of payment could be worked out as well: money order, paypal, etc. it shouldn't be terribly difficult and there seems to be quite a bit of interest going on, which could involve long and bitter bidding wars!

Yeah and it might not be a good idea to set up a shop to sell artwork based on someone else's intellectual property.

Top Bottom