Berserk Character studies

Devart prints for the poor people like me who can't afford to get into a bidding war? :judo:

(Sell on this forum is probably a good idea, if only for the interest in the pieces already)

You could always use those links (or similar) for some of your non-berserk/silent hill stuff if you wanted to in the future

Thank you very much for advices. Aazealh is right, selling someone else's intellectual property on ebay is quite dodgy. Suppose i can try doing a few small commissions here and see how it goes.

I will be quite free this weekend. Apart from the characters march painting (the one with swans), suppose i can try to do a few A4 size paintings.. Anybody has any suggestions of what i should paint next?

vee209 said:
I will be quite free this weekend. Apart from the characters march painting (the one with swans), suppose i can try to do a few A4 size paintings.. Anybody has any suggestions of what i should paint next?

How about one of the God Hand? It seems like they're going to be very much more directly affecting the world from now on, given recent events. Myself, I'd vote for Ubik!

vee209 said:

That's great that you're okay with venturing into selling some of your work. You should be certain that anyone who purchases a Berserk artwork from you on this forum will greatly appreciate and take care of it. I'm surprised you haven't tried freelancing your talents in this way.

I would like to see either Rakshas or Guts in the Berserker armor in a pose similar to the most recent statue that has been released of him. Not the exact same pose but something as if he's in the middle of an action. Where there is a look of much movement in his body. Same goes for Rakshas, a pose with lots of movement. I like the red and black color scheme. But anything dark with neutral colors would do.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vee209 said:
Anybody has any suggestions of what i should paint next?

Something creative but that might require some work: Silat & the Tapasa fighting one or more apostles. You could also do a piece representing the opposition between Guts / the Beast of Darkness and Griffith / the Falcon of Light. With a Femto twist thrown in! :void:

The Perineum Falcon said:
how about a giant brain-tree-heart? :troll:

That made me laugh. :guts:

Aazealh said:
You could also do a piece representing the opposition between Guts / the Beast of Darkness and Griffith / the Falcon of Light. With a Femto twist thrown in! :void:

I'm totally with this idea!
but I think a 1mX1m or A2 size canvas would match much better in term of details.

I'll request Silat and the Tapasa fighting Rakshas. :slan:

Aazealh said:
Miura paints very regularly. All volume covers and all posters are paintings. Hell, your avatar itself is something he painted. And I don't think you can tell the difference between acrylic and oil paint from a small reproduction.

Yeah, I know man (I do buy the Dark Horse releases and have seen his painted works too). I was just meaning the quality of his work was so good, it could have gone onto the cover of a Berserk volume and pass as Miura quality to me (I would have been fooled). Like Walter, I'd love to buy this guy's work, it's real authentic stuff. The guy's really perfected his work.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
I was just meaning the quality of his work was so good, it could have gone onto the cover of a Berserk volume and pass as Miura quality to me (I would have been fooled).

I know what you meant. I stand by my comment, and I think your comparison is improper.

Wow. Lots of interesting ideas here. I'm going to start with some God Hand Studies. :void: :slan: Will post them as i go along. Maybe four separate pictures that can be combined together would be an interesting concept. Not quite sure how yet though :schnoz:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vee209 said:
Maybe four separate pictures that can be combined together would be an interesting concept. Not quite sure how yet though :schnoz:

Sounds very interesting. I'll be looking forward to it. :SK:

vee209 said:
Wow. Lots of interesting ideas here. I'm going to start with some God Hand Studies. :void: :slan: Will post them as i go along. Maybe four separate pictures that can be combined together would be an interesting concept. Not quite sure how yet though :schnoz:

OMG!!! If you do an oil painting of Slan I want it, well that is if you wanna sell it :carcus:

I did this rough sketch after I came across some books on Dali's art. Still a lot of room for improvement, I do admit. Hope you can make out what it is. :rakshas:
I did these two last weekend, although they ar not related to Berserk but i hope you like them.
http://vee209.deviantart.com/art/Too-Much-Fun-129941955
http://vee209.deviantart.com/art/Cameron-129940190
Void's picture to follow but it will take a bit of time to dry.

ubik11.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but I take it the first picture is Berserk related? I can't make out exactly what I'm looking at.

Aaz, was your comment about the first picture? I seem something but I don't know what the scene is. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jaze1618 - try to look for Ubik's face. It's a very rough sketch (far from perfect) so it can be a bit tricky.
Aazealh - many thanks for the suggestion. I will try to do a more refined version if possible.

Just got a friend who came by with a camera so i took a photo of this unfinished project. Still quite a long way to go..
any comments and suggestions are welcome.
march-1.jpg

slan69 said:
OMG!!! If you do an oil painting of Slan I want it, well that is if you wanna sell it :carcus:

I second that idea :slan:, I would love to see a work of yours with slan in it. There is just something about the style of your paintings that I love vee.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
Aaz, was your comment about the first picture? I seem something but I don't know what the scene is. Thanks to anyone who can help.

About the one displayed, where Ubik's face is made of the characters.

vee209 said:
Aazealh - many thanks for the suggestion. I will try to do a more refined version if possible.

You're welcome; I'll be looking forward to it.

vee209 said:
Just got a friend who came by with a camera so i took a photo of this unfinished project. Still quite a long way to go..
any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Looks pretty good so far. I like the colors/hue you're using, and I probably said so before but I think you've really captured the characters' likeliness (though Guts' face needs a little work IMHO). This is one painting that, in reference to my earlier comment to Henry Spencer, could pass for something Miura did when it will be finished.

Top Bottom