Berserk Character studies

Aazealh said:
Looks pretty good so far. I like the colors/hue you're using, and I probably said so before but I think you've really captured the characters' likeliness (though Guts' face needs a little work IMHO).

Actually I think Guts face is pretty good, but the DS handle could be a little bit darker and Isidro's left fist is a bit out of proportion (I think).
All in all it's awesome. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
Actually I think Guts face is pretty good, but the DS handle could be a little bit darker and Isidro's left fist is a bit out of proportion (I think).
All in all it's awesome. :guts:

Those parts are clearly unfinished... The Dragon Slayer's handle is too large at the base and Isidro's left hand is little more than a blot of ink at the moment. I don't think they're final.

Sorry I've been away from the forum for such a long time. I've now moved to Bangkok, completed several exams and now applying for a new job. Life in Bangkok wasn't too easy in the past month - as you probably saw it on TV - I think I can now tell the difference between giant Chinese fire cracker, grenade, M16, sniper rifle sounds. Thanks God now everything goes back to normal (within the 'normal' parameter). A lot of adjustment to do still.
So, now I can go back to my painting routine again.. Here is another study of Sonia.

Sonia_test3_small_3_4.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vee209 said:
Sorry I've been away from the forum for such a long time. I've now moved to Bangkok, completed several exams and now applying for a new job. Life in Bangkok wasn't too easy in the past month - as you probably saw it on TV - I think I can now tell the difference between giant Chinese fire cracker, grenade, M16, sniper rifle sounds. Thanks God now everything goes back to normal (within the 'normal' parameter). A lot of adjustment to do still.

Hey there vee, glad to hear from you. Must have been rough indeed... Hopefully things continue to calm down over there.

vee209 said:
So, now I can go back to my painting routine again.. Here is another study of Sonia.

Looks very nice! I just can't find something to pick on, that's a good sign. :guts:

Stay safe over there.
Thank you, Bangkok seems to get back to normal now. No more explosion, at least. :ubik:

Here is a new oil colour of Luka. It turns out to be a lot tougher to paint than the last one with the limited palette(Titanium white, Cadmium red, Yellow Ocher, Ivory Black).

luka009.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vee209 said:
Bangkok seems to get back to normal now. No more explosion, at least.

Glad to hear that. :serpico:

vee209 said:
Here is a new oil colour of Luka. It turns out to be a lot tougher to paint than the last one with the limited palette(Titanium white, Cadmium red, Yellow Ocher, Ivory Black).

Love the colors (well, maybe not the greens in the background), however one thing that struck me right away is that her eyes are too big. Might be a little too far apart too (maybe because you didn't want the hair to get in the way?). Anyway it could be just me but it gives her a weird vibe in my opinion. And while I'm at it, I think her breasts are a little small compared to the manga. Ok, enough criticism for now, please don't hate me. :void:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Wow!

I love it! it looks amazing!

He looks young and calm, (i feel like nobody draws Guts calm like this, and I like that he looks youthful too) and the shading is awesome. You've inspired me to draw my own! :ubik:

EDIT: i went trough the entire thread and i think your Berserk art is amazing :serpico:

and since Aaz constantly gives you criticism, I think I will too! :griffnotevil:

I think that Guts' hair could be raised a bit. it looks fine, but the more you look at it, the more you notice that its a bit off.

Double Edit: I guess this is what i mean by raising the hair a bit.

IMG_6781_smalla.jpg

Truder: Many thanks for pointing out the hair issue and the diagram. I think you're right about that. I've done the correction here.

IMG_6791_small.jpg

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Walter said:
I think it looked quite a bit better before the "fix." :void:

I think the fix diagram was misinterpreted, looked to me like it was suggesting the top of the hair should be higher up not lower down than the original. more like dis:

21eoj8h.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Great to see you back in action, vee! Lith's mockup looks just right to me. Funny how such a "simple" hairstyle can be so dang complicated to draw!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there, nice to see you again. I liked the first version's hair fine. The newest one is cool as well, but he looks a bit chubby to me there for some reason. :guts:

Top Bottom