Berserk Character studies

turkitage

ターク
Vee, like Truder, looking back at your previous canvases in this thread are just amazing! Glad things worked out in Bangkok for you. I don't think I've ever clicked on this thread before. You seem to really like Sonia. Also, that bright Ganishka painting is just so crazy to look at. I was curious, where do you store all these paintings? Do you have them all hanged/framed up in your room or something?

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Lithrael said:
I think the fix diagram was misinterpreted, looked to me like it was suggesting the top of the hair should be higher up not lower down than the original. more like dis:

21eoj8h.jpg
Ah yes!, that's exactly what I meant. :serpico:

Thank you very much for trying Vee! :ubik:

Thank you Aazealh.
Trying to draw Berserk characters with their faces looking up is quite problematic to me - especially with proper shading. I still get them wrong most of the time.
I'm a little happier with Isma's second pic..
IMG_6814_isma_shade_2_small.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I really like it. First of all, you nailed her distinctive hair, which I can't imagine is easy to do, given the irregularity of the locks. But beyond that, whether it's from the expression on her face or the added detail I'm not sure, but you actually gave her more dimension. Fantastic. :ubik:

Hi everyone. Many thanks for the comments.
I'm now working on an oil painting of Ganishka on 60cm X 80cm canvas. The biggest Berserk paintig I've tried so far :ganishka:
I started with the underpainting so you can still see the lines. I tried Burn / Dodge on photoshop for highlight and shadows first to see what it's going to be like . Still not much detail at this stage though.
I want to go for the raging tumour stage when he first appeared to Daiba (Episode 295) rather than the flaring red eyes seen on Miura's original oil painting.
Any suggestions on the colour of the flesh? I want to make sure that he doesn't turn out like the Treefolks from The Lord of the Rings.
IMG_6825_5_small_6.jpg

Thank you Gobolatula and IncantatioN for the comments.
Here is the unedited version - will start working on the detail now. Still have the top parts to do.
IMG_6829_small.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Looking great, Vee! I like the effect of the muted colors you've got going, and I'm excited to see how it's going to develop from here! :ubik:

OMG Vee, so exciting to see this thread back to life. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed your earlier work.

The new stuff looks amazing, :ubik: welcome back!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Oh jeez, I can't believe that I missed this when it was first posted. Thanks for popping it back up again, Jaze. :guts:

Anyway, love the look of the sculptures, Vee. I wonder if you ended up fleshing out the face a little more? Regardless, it's great. :ubik: I get the feeling that you had to have been very patient with those tendrils.

Top Bottom