Author Topic: Episode 293  (Read 30020 times)

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Re: Episode 293
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »
Fan-fucking-tastic! :badbone:

Berserk, Vagabond, One Piece and GDC all in one week? Colour me happy!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2008, 08:42:32 PM »
I guess those girls were being held for use in his Daka factory?

That and feeding the Pishacha.

Offline Judo

• Of the Interstice
  • Midlands finest
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2008, 08:56:47 PM »
thanx scanbot!

neat episode indeed... i like it when we share the events from rabans or owens point of view.
makes me more eager for the point when they finally meet up again.
Rock Concert Manual #237:
Taking the audience to a jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona... and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both: the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Offline dimasok

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »
Anyone has a translation? :))

Offline HURRR

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2008, 10:29:12 PM »
hay guys when is episode 294 released do you know  :troll:

I remember reading a comment on the previous episode, to the effect of "lazy Mr. Miura got tired of drawing hundreds of soldiers, so he killed them all off!" That was funny at the time, and hilarious in light of episode 293.  :D I can't imagine what kind of work ethic Mr. Miura has, that he can keep up this level of effort.

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2008, 10:37:42 PM »
Anyone has a translation? :)

Nope.  For future reference, there's a separate section of the forum for translations:

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php#9

Offline dimasok

« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2008, 10:38:52 PM »
Nope.  There's a separate section of the forums for translations: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php#9
Yeah, but unless I'm missing something, it's terribly outdated...

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2008, 10:40:28 PM »
Yeah, but unless I'm missing something, it's terribly outdated...

There's a separate thread for Vol. 33 translations, in which you will find translations for the current episodes.  Contact me by PM if you have any more questions, as this is getting off topic.

Offline dimasok

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2008, 10:46:06 PM »
There's a separate thread for Vol. 33 translations, in which you will find translations for the current episodes.  Contact me by PM if you have any more questions, as this is getting off topic.
Oh yeah sorry, missed that one. Thx mate and sorry for the offtopic :)

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2008, 10:50:39 PM »
Very cool episode, I think I'm just a sucker for large character movements like every human in the city meeting up like that. Love that there's nothing left of the Kushans but their clothes, and using them like that is a clever trick (though still rather risky unless someone among speaks Kushan), and whenever I see something like that, it always makes me think of the possibilities of mistaken identity. No use escaping the enemy to get wasted by friendly fire. =)

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2008, 10:53:58 PM »
Oh yeah sorry, missed that one. THC mate and sorry for the offtopic :)

No problem. :guts:

Offline handsome rakshas

• Of the Vortex
  • Thanks Grail!
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2008, 10:54:03 PM »
Fantastic episode, thanks scanbot! Raban saves the babes, and gets a topless hug! Bring it on, March 14th can't come soon enough!

Offline Black_Devil

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2008, 11:46:40 PM »
Hahah, at first I thought those girls were some concubines or something before reading Aaz's summary. Great episode though it's one hell of a risky plan, but hopefully they can get out of there in time before the big show. :ganishka:

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2008, 12:11:17 AM »
What's with Miura and blondes? In the troll caves, tons of blondes held prisoner, now another horde of imprisoned blondes here... he's obsessed, I think maybe someone should check his basement. =)

Offline The Perineum Falcon

• Slightly Green, all Ranemaka
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2008, 12:26:38 AM »
Wow. This was my first episode since............ 278 or thereabouts?

I've missed this so much. :judo:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2008, 12:47:32 AM »
Good to have you back, Gren!

I'd imagine handling it new Berserk episodes in giant chunk would be awesome, though. I'd do that if I had more willpower...

Pencil-smith

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2008, 01:16:22 AM »
Anyway, nice episode. It's cool to see that the Resistance is really acting on its own, following the information delivered by the dream but still thinking things through and using this opportunity to rescue everybody. Raban can be proud of himself.

Indeed. The last few pages made my heart jump with excitement.
Vive la resistance!

PS : "notonboat.zip" is the funniest filename ever. Thanks Scanbot.

Offline HawaiianStallion

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2008, 02:51:09 AM »
Man not even a panel on Ganishka. Miura's really building the hype for this one. I know he's not gonna win but I do hope that Ganishka leaves his mark on the series and story aside from being the enemy Griffith has to triumph over. Hell I kind of hope he gives him a lasting scar or something, similar to what Guts and Zodd gave him.

Offline dimasok

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2008, 02:54:58 AM »
I know he's not gonna win but I do hope that Ganishka leaves his mark on the series and story aside from being the enemy Griffith has to triumph over
Not too sure about that. What if Ganishka DOES win and manages to plunge Griffith back into his Femto form in the other world and ONLY then will Femto triumph using his powers there (which are, supposedly, not with him whilst in the regular world). I'm not sure that is plausible at all (can he even revert to his previous God-Hand form after the incarnation ceremony?), but it would be nice :)

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2008, 02:58:22 AM »
Not too sure about that. What if Ganishka DOES win and manages to plunge Griffith back into his Femto form in the other world and ONLY then will Femto triumph using his powers there (which are, supposedly, not with him whilst in the regular world). I'm not sure that is plausible at all (can he even revert to his previous God-Hand form after the incarnation ceremony?), but it would be nice :)

Interesting :idea:, but I doubt very much that will happen.

Offline HawaiianStallion

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2008, 02:58:35 AM »
Anything's possible but Im like 99 percent sure the Godhand would not allow for someone like Ganishka to triump and they basically engineered him to be what he was so he could be the tyrant that Griffith overthrow's. I just hope that his apostle-womb-thing is more than just a bad ass fight (though I wouldnt mind that what-so-ever). Id like to see Griffith actually look flustered and if anyone were able to do it, its that crazy apostle king sorceror!

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2008, 03:37:19 AM »
Hell I kind of hope he gives him a lasting scar or something, similar to what Guts and Zodd gave him.

That's not to say I think Griffith will have it truly easy. Ganishka's already shown he's full of surprises, and I think he may yet leave a permanent reminder of his temporary reign over the world. Just not sure what it'll be yet...  Maybe he'll mar Griffith's perfect face? I bet he'd enjoy that :ganishka:
Beaten!
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline FRS

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2008, 05:13:09 AM »
Thanks Scanbot, it's always a pleasure to see new Miura art

Offline vlad

« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2008, 10:52:43 AM »
A sight for sore eyes! Thank you so much!
Raban displayed some awesome leadership skills, I mean to lead out such a mob and have them act so orderly and soldier-like is quite a feat. I do believe that they'll need a lot of luck or a distraction of some sorts to pull it off.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2008, 11:30:19 AM »
Hell I kind of hope he gives him a lasting scar or something, similar to what Guts and Zodd gave him.

Don't we all. :guts:

Not too sure about that. What if Ganishka DOES win and manages to plunge Griffith back into his Femto form in the other world and ONLY then will Femto triumph using his powers there (which are, supposedly, not with him whilst in the regular world).

Doesn't sound very likely to me (what with the God Hand residing on another plane and all). Besides, Griffith definitely seems to have supernatural powers, maybe not the same Femto had, but powers all the same. It'd be good if he had to make some impressive demonstration of his powers though, maybe Falcon of Light-style.

Anything's possible but Im like 99 percent sure the Godhand would not allow for someone like Ganishka to triump and they basically engineered him to be what he was so he could be the tyrant that Griffith overthrow's.

Well, I don't think the God Hand really acts on this level, it's more in the domain of the Idea of Evil. The God Hand always tell apostles to "do as they wish" (remember Wyald). Nevertheless, I do agree that it's basically impossible for Ganishka to win, especially if we take into account that the dream telling the people how to act during the night clearly implies that Griffith had anticipated everything. Personally I just hopes that Ganishka surprises him at some point and dies a worthy death.