Episode 293

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Ramen4ever said:
Question to all artists, is it just me or does Raban's hand look disproportioned to his forearm. As if he had Lady hands...

Hmmm...

I'm pretty sure it's due to the angle the way the glove/gauntlet fans out into a cone shape... but a lady handed Raban does amuse me.

Ramen4ever said:
Question to all artists, is it just me or does Raban's hand look disproportioned to his forearm. As if he had Lady hands...

That's the gauntlet style.
My motorcycle gauntlets do the same thing. It makes it easier to put your gauntlets over the underlying shirt. A 'sealed package' so to speak.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Sweet! "Viva la Resistance," indeed! :guts:

prawnstyle said:
grrr...when are we going to get back to :guts:...honestly, how many years has it been since they set sail for the :puck: island? I could care less right now about these side stories until the main story arc makes some progression.

On second thoughts, we might see the new :ganishka: ... if thats the case then, excitement back up

The episode is almost here and people are still bitching? :schierke:

Ok, I just double checked with someone, they agree with me that the hand is lady like and is not perfectly proportional.
The angles just happen to bring it out more. However the error is pretty minuscule.

Ramen4ever said:
Ok, I just double checked with someone, they agree with me that the hand is lady like and is not perfectly proportional.
The angles just happen to bring it out more. However the error is pretty minuscule.
Nit-picky aren't we. :carcus:

COULD YOU DRAW SOOOO MUCH BETTER?!
I kid, I kid. Better to care too much than not at all.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Ramen4ever said:

You and your someone are wrong, I'm afraid. The size and structure of the hand are fine (you can tell by comparing it to the size of his head). As others have pointed out, and what's apparent by the fact that others in the picture are wearing similar gloves, that the glove widens at the base. That sort of perspective might be throwing you off a bit.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
importantnoteaboutramen.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: Apocryphal text discovered in ancient ruins of Berserk forum poster's temple.​

PS: The audiobook version of this is read by Orson Welles. His voice really brings out the historical impact of the diary. Highly recommended.

CnC said:
You and your someone are wrong, I'm afraid. The size and structure of the hand are fine (you can tell by comparing it to the size of his head). As others have pointed out, and what's apparent by the fact that others in the picture are wearing similar gloves, that the glove widens at the base. That sort of perspective might be throwing you off a bit.

I'm fully aware of the glove and I did compare it to the head as well. I don't know, maybe it's got something to do with the fact that his hand happens to be the closest thing to the reader. Maybe it's the angle that hes holding the torch at. I'm gonna look at it some more..
Afterall I could just be looking at it the wrong way.

*Update* After looking at it some more I think I figured out why it looked off to me, his hand isn't really clenched, if you make a circle with your hand, as if you were holding a broom handle or a torch in this case your hand will look different from the front then if you made a fist.
At least thats my new take on this although maybe no one cares. >_<'

P.S. lol Walter, thats pretty neat. :troll:

handsome rakshas said:
I can hardly hold back my excitement right now, where can I get one of those hats!

Bloomingdales
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/index.ognc?CategoryID=3633&PageID=3633*1*24*-1*-1&kw=Hats

I don't know about you guys, but every time I see a new piece of art from Miura, I can't help but fill with awe. The man is a true genius and artist. His skills and works are definitely a gift from the gods.

It may come as a surprise, but I'm by no means a closet Ganishka fan. Yet, I can't help but hope that we don't see him in this episode or, if we do, it's at the very end. It's not that I don't want to see his transformation or some view into what's happening to him or within him. It's just that I think it'd make his great change even more delicious by building it up. I honestly have no doubt Miura would do it. I think he will do it. Even if he doesn't, I have no doubt his idea will be magnificent. No matter how you slice it though, I'm really looking forward to this.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
weekly.jpg

Thanks prawnstyle.​

sb.jpg

Thanks Ramen4ever.​

Anyway, like (most of) the rest of you, I'm pretty hyped up for this. I don't think you have much to worry about Abul, the earliest we'd get a hint of the new Ganishka (at least in his final form) would be the end of the episode, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a few episodes before Miura makes the ultimate reveal while he further sets up the scenario and builds suspense.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Ramen4ever said:
I'm sorry the angle just wasn't right for the other one. Plus this one comes with a signature Juicy logo.

HAHA! You're the man Ramen! I'd be happy to use that as my avatar!

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Well I can give you three hints on that if they encounter a monster on who will survive. :ganishka:

If anything happens to Raban I'm quitting Berserk forever. (until next episode)

I personally can't wait to get out of this whole Griffith vs. Ganishka stage. If Griffith can grab matter with telekinesis and crush it to a bloody Wald. I can only imagine what he would do to Ganishka in any form. Plus with the "Neo Band of the Hawk" full of badass creatures and characters, I can only hope Ganishka will quickly be put in his place. I'm more interested in GUTS getting to the fairy farm...I mean island or whatever.

Just kidding, I can't wait for this fight.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Abul-Abbas said:
It may come as a surprise, but I'm by no means a closet Ganishka fan. Yet, I can't help but hope that we don't see him in this episode or, if we do, it's at the very end.

I'd say that's a given. He's not going to be the focus of this episode. Personally I just hope we get to see more nervous rambling from Daiba before the hatching, maybe in parallel with the Resistance's maneuvers.

Abul-Abbas said:
It's not that I don't want to see his transformation or some view into what's happening to him or within him. It's just that I think it'd make his great change even more delicious by building it up. I honestly have no doubt Miura would do it. I think he will do it.

You're just a sensible person with good taste, really. You don't have to justify why you'd prefer things to go down the way they are actually going to go down, instead of following some people's stupid fantasies of what Berserk should be like.

Drakull said:
I don't think will see this fight with episode 293, just some action around the boat maybe

You mean the ship Guts and his friends are on? Because I seriously doubt that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A brief history of the expectations of a loud minority of Berserk fans since Volume 22.
WHEN WE GET TO BOAT?!
ARE WE ON BOAT YET?!
IS THAT THE BOAT?!!!?
UGH THIS BOAT'S SO BORING WHERE'S GRIFFITH?!
OK OK WHERE'S GUTS?!
Wait... Im getting a glimpse of the future! It's... it's.... NO! NOOOOO!

ELF FARM IS BOORRINNGGGGGGGGG I WANT TO GO BACK TO THE BOAT. AND I WANT TO SEE GRIFFITH AS KING. JESUS, MIURA GET IT RIGHT FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Death May Die said:
I personally can't wait to get out of this whole Griffith vs. Ganishka stage. If Griffith can grab matter with telekinesis and crush it to a bloody Wald. I can only imagine what he would do to Ganishka in any form. Plus with the "Neo Band of the Hawk" full of badass creatures and characters, I can only hope Ganishka will quickly be put in his place. I'm more interested in GUTS getting to the fairy farm...I mean island or whatever.
I really don't understand this impatience and even misunderstanding about the war that'll soon be fought in Wyndham. First of all, we have utterly no indication Griffith has maintained his God Hand abilities in the flesh. Given that those feats you listed were performed while in the nexus of worlds, and not in the physical world, I sincerely doubt he's retained that kind of power. Clearly he's no slouch, though.

Walter said:
A brief history of the expectations of a loud minority of Berserk fans since Volume 22.
WHEN WE GET TO BOAT?!
ARE WE ON BOAT YET?!
IS THAT THE BOAT?!!!?
UGH THIS BOAT'S SO BORING WHERE'S GRIFFITH?!
OK OK WHERE'S GUTS?!
Wait... Im getting a glimpse of the future! It's... it's.... NO! NOOOOO!

ELF FARM IS BOORRINNGGGGGGGGG I WANT TO GO BACK TO THE BOAT. AND I WANT TO SEE GRIFFITH AS KING. JESUS, MIURA GET IT RIGHT FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really don't understand this impatience and even misunderstanding about the war that'll soon be fought in Wyndham. First of all, we have utterly no indication Griffith has maintained his God Hand abilities in the flesh. Given that those feats you listed were performed while in the nexus of worlds, and not in the physical world, I sincerely doubt he's retained that kind of power. Clearly he's no slouch, though.

honestly, I followed this series for a long ass time...and while alot of the recent EPISODES have fleshed out the story somewhat, and will be appreciated once the series is completed and can be read through...some of them have really dragged over certain scenes...the constant panels and panels of fawning over griffth...are tedious

What I am trying to articulate, and considering how infrequently Berserk is released, is that there has been very little in the way of story progression over the last year.

I enjoy berserk, but my criticism is valid....and probably related to the slow nature of releases. I enjoy this serious, and Guts is its single biggest draw in my opinion, hence I wanted to see some progression on his end.

CnC

Ad Oculos
prawnstyle said:
I enjoy berserk, but my criticism is valid

Mind explaining how you think it's valid criticism? Since the release schedule isn't a good enough criticism of the narrative, I don't think you have yet.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
prawnstyle said:

I enjoy berserk, but my criticism is valid....
and probably related to the slow nature of releases. I enjoy this serious, and Guts is its single biggest draw in my opinion, hence I wanted to see some progression on his end.
No, it's not. We saw Guts and co. two episodes ago. 2. Dos. Twa. Deux. Ikki. Ni.

Top Bottom