Episode 293

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Good ep. MASS EXODUS!

That's some smooth thinking by Raban, and potentially dangerous too, though Im sure they'll be fine in the end.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Thx a thousand times! Looks like I was kinda right about them leaving the city but i wouldn't have thought about that way though! great great great. I guess Aaz'll have to wait before seeing Daiba ranting beside the machine, and the others will wait for Ganishka's form. :guts:

All in all I can't wait to read what they are saying!

Next episode March 14.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
prawnstyle said:
and while alot of the recent EPISODES have fleshed out the story somewhat

Not "somewhat." They've fleshed it out considerably, and in many cases have been foreshadowing things to come. Berserk can't be episode after episode of Guts fighting Zodd. It's a series for adults, not teenagers.

prawnstyle said:
some of them have really dragged over certain scenes...the constant panels and panels of fawning over griffth...are tedious

Unfortunately I have a feeling those "constant panels" only exist in your imagination.

prawnstyle said:
What I am trying to articulate, and considering how infrequently Berserk is released, is that there has been very little in the way of story progression over the last year.

Ignoring the fact you're blaming the release schedule on the storytelling, over last year we've seen the whole battle of Vritannis, character development for Guts' band, and especially Guts himself with the episodes focusing on the Beast of Darkness, and the beginning of the final battle between the Kushans and the Holy See alliance. Griffith is also now officially recognized as Charlotte's consort, and he's the leader of Midland's armies. After this battle, he'll become king. What more do you want?

Anyway, nice episode. It's cool to see that the Resistance is really acting on its own, following the information delivered by the dream but still thinking things through and using this opportunity to rescue everybody. Raban can be proud of himself. :guts:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Anyway, nice episode. It's cool to see that the Resistance is really acting on its own, following the information delivered by the dream but still thinking things through and using this opportunity to rescue everybody. Raban can be proud of himself. :guts:

Especially how they do it is what I liked the best.

Kudos to Raban

Loc_n_lol

Amazed Mule is amazed...
Wow, that was very quick, thanks scanbot. No password this time ?
Well, anyway...

Pretty clever move from Raban here, I didn't expect anything like that. And it's nice to see regular humans without extraordinary abilities shine once in a while, though in the end, they'll probably all hail Griffith as their saviour.

CnC said:
Mind explaining how you think it's valid criticism? Since the release schedule isn't a good enough criticism of the narrative, I don't think you have yet.

because the plot has progressed at a snails pace...

Anyway, the new episode was alright...need a trans to see if anything interesting transpired

Ignoring the fact you're blaming the release schedule on the storytelling, over last year we've seen the whole battle of Vritannis, character development for Guts' band, and especially Guts himself with the episodes focusing on the Beast of Darkness, and the beginning of the final battle between the Kushans and the Holy See alliance. Griffith is also now officially recognized as Charlotte's consort, and he's the leader of Midland's armies. After this battle, he'll become king. What more do you want?

I want Guts to enter the fray again...its been over a year since we have seen him in action...people read the same book, but for different reasons...personally, I find guts by far the most interesting character in Berserk...its correct that we only saw him two episodes ago, but that episode was released last August, so I honestly couldnt recal that

CnC

Ad Oculos
Very interesting episode. Thanks, "scanbot". You really get a sense as to how trapped everyone in the city is/
was

If I'm reading this right (and by reading I mean looking at the pretty pictures),
they're sneaking past the exterior army by dressing like soldiers? That'd be tough considered how "un-soldier"-like everyone looks. I'd like to see how Foss fits into Kushan armor :ganishka:

prawnstyle said:

The plot hasn't progressed "at a snail's pace". The schedule of releases has been slow. Your assumption that one affects the other as a whole is rather dim-witted.

CnC said:
The plot hasn't progressed "at a snail's pace". The schedule of releases has been slow. Your assumption that one affects the other as a whole is rather dim-witted.

not exactly... you see given the slow release date...I just find it rather irritating when a new episode is released on the less interesting characters (my opinion)... Berserk is composed in the style of an epic fantasy, with episodes devoted to side characters who flesh out the story and offer alternate views on the scenario... Like you say, I am venting slight frustration on the slow release rate, plus release of episodes which don't really progress the main plot. You people are arguing against my opinion, while I am not trying to encompass anybody else with it.

I think the answer is that I should just resolve not to read the series for a while.

First thanks a lot! Seeing new Miura's drawing is just enough to make this day a good one...this guy is gifted(it may be blasphemy but I'd love to see some non Berserk work from him hehe)

Prawnstyle you should not complain that much,you don't see the series as a whole and your assumptions are all based on this fact maybe in 3/4 month you'll understand how well wrote this episode was and find it great...anyway this episode is really good(and so well drawn with those crazy perspectives) now I can't wait to see what will happen to Raban&Co but I honestly doubt(and hope :guts:) everything wont go that smooth

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
prawnstyle said:
Berserk is composed in the style of an epic fantasy, with episodes devoted to side characters who flesh out the story...

Wouldn't that make it less epic, by excluding "lesser" characters? I like Berserk because it just doesn't focus on Guts and Griffith the entire time. It also lets you know what's going on with other characters and helps prevent these things called plot holes. Honestly I prefer to have a much more solid story line that takes longer then some weird naruto crap.

You people are arguing against my opinion, while I am not trying to encompass anybody else with it.

You're putting your opinion out there for people to talk about so maybe you should keep your thoughts to your self if you think it's going to bother you when someone disagrees.

Mad Angel Loki said:
now I can't wait to see what will happen to Raban&Co but I honestly doubt(and hope :guts:) everything wont go that smooth

I have a hunch Miura is going to go with either a Shawshank Redemption type of escape or a Great Escape ...escape.

Very interesting episode. It's a very risky plan if they don't have someone to inform the Hawks of what's going on. I'm also curious as to how the children fit in the armor?

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
That was a novel idea. I guess we'll see how well it really works in the coming episodes. Very refreshing to read after a fairly long break!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for the episode, Scanbot!

I'm at work and won't have access to the internet at my new apartment until Saturday afternoon, so it looks like I'll have to wait until then. However, everyone's comments have given me a good idea of what's transpiring with Raban and The Resistance.

creampuff_war

haven't you already paid enough for your life?
"notonboat.zip" lol, thanks scanbot.

do we have any idea how all the kushan soldiers disappeared? Are we to assume it was one of Griff's apostles? Did I miss anything specific from this or a previous episode?

answer my questions, they are few and easily speculative.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
prawnstyle said:

Don't throw around statements like these unless you have heavy evidence and precise examples to back them up. It's getting annoying, especially since you don't even remember what happened 2 episodes ago. We all love Guts and I'm sure most people can understand your frustration with the irregular releases, but that doesn't excuse factually incorrect remarks. The pace really isn't any slower than at another point in the series, I'm sure you'd realize it if you took the time to re-read recent volumes. It just can't be a succession of dramatic battles with no transition, and it never was at any moment in the story. You're right anyway, maybe you need to wait and read whole volumes at once; I know some people do it.

prawnstyle said:
I just find it rather irritating when a new episode is released on the less interesting characters (my opinion)

Like the main antagonist?

prawnstyle said:
release of episodes which don't really progress the main plot.

I'd like to hear what constitutes the "main plot" to you. Apparently, Griffith becoming king isn't part of it.

Damn guys, stop using spoiler tags... People reading threads in this section should expect them to be crammed full of spoilers.

CnC said:
If I'm reading this right (and by reading I mean looking at the pretty pictures), they're sneaking past the exterior army by dressing like soldiers? That'd be tough considered how "un-soldier"-like everyone looks. I'd like to see how Foss fits into Kushan armor

Yeah, that's right. I guess the trick here is the martial rigor that prevents the soldiers from looking around instead of standing at attention, coupled with the relative obscurity that must reign despite the clarity of the picture (as shown on page 18). Plus they probably really don't expect a trick of the sort. In any case, I also wonder whether it'll go without a hitch or not. It's indeed pretty risky. I guess desperate times call for desperate methods.

Rhombaad said:
I'm at work and won't have access to the internet at my new apartment until Saturday afternoon, so it looks like I'll have to wait until then.

Here's a more fleshed out summary: the whole city is deserted, and everything is quiet. Slowly, people come out in the streets with torches and start regrouping. Raban is leading a group of men and organizing the people. He tells them to regroup in front of the cathedral, then leads his small group into a massive building. When entering, he notices that the soldiers have all disappeared while leaving their clothes behind. They walk in dark corridors and finally arrive to one with locked doors covered by clothes. Inside are the kidnapped women. They're afraid but relieved and end up following Raban. They're quite many and all naked, which poses quite a problem. Raban gets an inspiration while noticing the empty armors again. It cuts to the cathedral, where the city folks are waiting. Suddenly many Kushan soldiers appear and they all freak out. Foss and a few men are at the front, but Raban calls out for them. The soldiers are actually all the women in disguise. They've also brought more armors in carriages for the people. The episode ends as they all walk through the city gates, walking in the midst of real Kushan soldiers, unbeknownst to them.

creampuff_war said:
do we have any idea how all the kushan soldiers disappeared? Are we to assume it was one of Griff's apostles? Did I miss anything specific from this or a previous episode?

Well yeah, you sure missed Ganishka devouring them all through the fog in episode 292.

Thanks for the episode!

Miura really made some gorgeous panoramics of the city.No matter how many years have passed but his style still amazes me every time.

And some people think that the story is progressing slowly? I think is really rushing lately (I'm even afraid of the speed of some events)

Thanks for the episode!!! My god, the architecture is so well done. (Obviously).

"Where're the nekked Kushans at?"

It's such a good feeling gettin' my Berserk fix.

I think it would have been ammusing to have seen a two-page spread featuring a never ending army of naked women spanning the horizon as they march to safety. I guess Miura's approach is bit more intelligent though. I guess those girls were being held for use in his Daka factory?

Top Bottom