Episode 293

Great episode... If wasn't for the fact that they were rushing to evaculate before morning, I bet there will be an mass orgy going on in that small little cell where those female were imprisoned..

Btw not all the Kushan army were wiped out right? Only those who were stationed at the city....

CnC

Ad Oculos
Smith said:
If wasn't for the fact that they were rushing to evaculate before morning, I bet there will be an mass orgy going on in that small little cell where those female were imprisoned..

...what?

Smith said:
Btw not all the Kushan army were wiped out right? Only those who were stationed at the city....

The Kushans outside the city walls seem to be unaffected, yes. Nor are they aware of what's happened in the city.

Pretty cool episode, and the idea was clever too. Thank yoooou Scanbooooot.

Maybe I'm weird, but did anyone else notice the sort of "range" on hair, eyes, and noses for the females? *points at page 11* Miura is in my top 3 favorite artists ever list (I mean, his endurance, detail, and style are enough to command respect from me, but not every artist can pull off such a deep and intric-- wait a sec, this is what they call preaching to the choir) but I got a kick out of being able to identify the Serpico, Griffith, Casca, etc -esque features. It's totally a style thing, but it was my first time noticing it in a crowd. The man has drawn tons of anonymous faces (ohhh lord has he) and he has to also draw the distinct characters of the story over and over (and their appearances have evolved with his style too). Signs of muscle memory? Er, I'm really babbling, but maybe someone out there knows what I'm trying to say, or maybe knows the point I was trying to drive towards, if I even had one. Or maybe not, hmm.. *shuffles off*

CnC

Ad Oculos
spineylamb said:
Pretty cool episode, and the idea was clever too. Thank yoooou Scanbooooot.

Maybe I'm weird, but did anyone else notice the sort of "range" on hair, eyes, and noses for the females? *points at page 11* Miura is in my top 3 favorite artists ever list (I mean, his endurance, detail, and style are enough to command respect from me, but not every artist can pull off such a deep and intric-- wait a sec, this is what they call preaching to the choir) but I got a kick out of being able to identify the Serpico, Griffith, Casca, etc -esque features. It's totally a style thing, but it was my first time noticing it in a crowd. The man has drawn tons of anonymous faces (ohhh lord has he) and he has to also draw the distinct characters of the story over and over (and their appearances have evolved with his style too). Signs of muscle memory? Er, I'm really babbling, but maybe someone out there knows what I'm trying to say, or maybe knows the point I was trying to drive towards, if I even had one. Or maybe not, hmm.. *shuffles off*

Well, if I'm reading you right, Miura does maintain a style when drawing all those anonymous faces. It'd be near impossible to make _everyone_ look different ALL the time, but he has an incredible attention to detail when it comes to remembering positions of all those distinct faces during the angle and focal changes that come when drawing many panels over a number of pages. As someone who looks at a lot of these kinds of pages I know this is VERY hard to do.

Some where there are a whole lot of naked soldiers.... (pg 6-7).. judging from raban's sweat (pg 08) he is really not into that sort of thing. The extra finally realizes that they had female soldiers in the army (pg 12)

on a serious note.... i am not sure why all the prisoners had to be unclothed. Sometimes, I wonder about whats going through Miura's mind :miura:.. sorry but i just think its gratutious

Question: How long do you think the kushans have been in control of Wyndham? I don't remember if it was explicitly stated in previous episode. I would think its been considerable time if they have been able to stuff the prisons with so many inmate...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
MaN said:
on a serious note.... i am not sure why all the prisoners had to be unclothed. Sometimes, I wonder about whats going through Miura's mind :miura:.. sorry but i just think its gratutious

What you should be wondering is why they hadn't disappeared with the fog, because the answer is your question; they sealed the cells with their clothes to keep the fog out after the prophecy. And maybe I'm just used to it, but there was nothing particularly explicit or gratuitous about the nudity itself, anyway.

MaN said:
Question: How long do you think the kushans have been in control of Wyndham? I don't remember if it was explicitly stated in previous episode. I would think its been considerable time if they have been able to stuff the prisons with so many inmate...

Well, with an army you can round up prisoners and fill jail cells in a night, but they'd completely transformed the city, the castle, and setup shop to create the Daka. Remember, we see them invade Wyndham all the way back in volume 17.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Great episode... If wasn't for the fact that they were rushing to evaculate before morning, I bet there will be an mass orgy going on in that small little cell where those female were imprisoned..

Yeah, that was clearly the mood. :schierke: With all those stupid remarks, Smith, you should really be thankful not to be humiliated more often than you are. Damn, you could make an effort...

MaN said:
Some where there are a whole lot of naked soldiers.... (pg 6-7).. judging from raban's sweat (pg 08) he is really not into that sort of thing. The extra finally realizes that they had female soldiers in the army (pg 12)

Hey you're really hilarious man.

Griffith No More! said:
What you should be wondering is why they hadn't disappeared with the fog, because the answer is your question; they sealed the cells with their clothes to keep the fog out after the prophecy. And maybe I'm just used to it, but there was nothing particularly explicit or gratuitous about the nudity itself, anyway.

Well, with an army you can round up prisoners and fill jail cells in a night, but they'd completely transformed the city, the castle, and setup shop to create the Daka. Remember, we see them invade Wyndham all the way back in volume 17.

I was wondering why the door looked so wierd...seriously, I feel like such an idiot for not getting that now, but then again, I didn't know the prisoners knew about the prophecy.

Back on topic: god damn its good to see Miura's art again, and I don't think it will be anywhere NEAR an even match between Ganishka and Griffith, but I do think it will make Griffith require a little bit more than a 'waving of the hand' to win (here's hoping for Griffith's face to get a scar :guts:)

Whilst I am interested by the Wyndham conflict, I do have to say that I would love to see Guts and co hit Elfhelm, the sheer build up (about 10 volumes now?) has been killing me and I would really want to know where Miura goes with the artstyle for it (things like how the buildings will look, will there be a mix of magical creatures there or simply elves? and what does the king look like?)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
thesyndrome said:
Whilst I am interested by the Wyndham conflict, I do have to say that I would love to see Guts and co hit Elfhelm, the sheer build up (about 10 volumes now?) has been killing me and I would really want to know where Miura goes with the artstyle for it (things like how the buildings will look, will there be a mix of magical creatures there or simply elves? and what does the king look like?)

Well just wait until the end of the battle and you'll see it. And "elves" is in itself a word that encompasses a variety of different beings. Puck's a pisky for example, and we know there are also dwarves, so there must be at least 2 other kinds of elves corresponding to the other 2 elements (not to mention the other magical beings that might live there). Anyway, I'm also expecting the place to look amazing.

Draulix

FOOOD!!
For those that have not checked it out yet, there is a translation by me up in the translation section of episode 293 and may answer your questions that you may have. Honestly I didn't get why the doors were sealed up in the prison but after like 6 times reviewing the art and story it just hit me just as it did Raban on page 17 :serpico:.

Thanks for the episode!

My first idea when I saw the "soldiers" marching out of the city was that they could wonderfully fit into the grand plot - apostles reveal their form and slaughter some of them along with all Kushan warriors and most important Raban gets to see that Griffith is not a man :carcus: I mean not not a human being.

Then I recalled that Griffith had foreseen this and so he knows about the "soldiers". Still, it will be pretty hard to let them escape in the midst of a battle without seeing anything supernatural. OK, have to confess, I really just want to see Raban leading a secret opposition to Griffith, but that does not seem possible given that Griffith already knows what will happen, doesn't he? :griff:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JZBaltazar said:
My first idea when I saw the "soldiers" marching out of the city was that they could wonderfully fit into the grand plot - apostles reveal their form and slaughter some of them along with all Kushan warriors and most important Raban gets to see that Griffith is not a man

The battle shouldn't start before the morning though.

JZBaltazar said:
Then I recalled that Griffith had foreseen this and so he knows about the "soldiers".

Well, the dream didn't tell people to disguise as soldiers, just to flee the city.

JZBaltazar said:
Still, it will be pretty hard to let them escape in the midst of a battle without seeing anything supernatural. OK, have to confess, I really just want to see Raban leading a secret opposition to Griffith, but that does not seem possible given that Griffith already knows what will happen, doesn't he?

I doubt they'll stay with the rest of the army. It's more likely they'll try to get away stealthily before the battle even starts. As for Raban leading a secret opposition to Griffith, who knows? It could happen down the line, but clearly not anytime soon. And Griffith isn't omniscient.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Was that one of the Third Reich's youth camps or does Ganishka just love (hate?) the blondes? Just wait, next episode the Apostle Emperor will be wondering, "Where all da white women at?" :ganishka:

Seriously, great episode. Once again a prophecy is conveniently executed through a plausible chain of "coincidences", in this case, Ganishka's last resort actually benefits Griffith's campaign by eliminating the need for rescue. I never see it coming! :???:

Its pretty interesting though that the captured women were provided with curtains, but nothing to cover up with. I didn't notice any patchwork stitches so I assumed it was a single cloth. I guess blankets are easier to transfer from one piece of food to another than ripped clothing, stained in blood and amniotic fluid.

Pencil-Knight said:

"You see the distant flames, they bellow in the night,
You fight in all our names for what we know is right,
And when you all get shot and can not carry on!..."

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Okin said:
Its pretty interesting though that the captured women were provided with curtains, but nothing to cover up with. I didn't notice any patchwork stitches so I assumed it was a single cloth. I guess blankets are easier to transfer from one piece of food to another than ripped clothing, stained in blood and amniotic fluid.

The curtains are made up of the clothes the women were wearing. They covered the doors with their garments in order to keep out Ganishka's fog.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
Was that one of the Third Reich's youth camps or does Ganishka just love (hate?) the blondes?

A lot of people in Midland are blond anyway.

Okin said:
Its pretty interesting though that the captured women were provided with curtains, but nothing to cover up with.

How many times has this been explained in the thread so far? Four?

Rhombaad said:
The curtains are made up of the clothes the women were wearing. They covered the doors with their garments in order to keep out Ganishka's fog.

I didn't notice that... Interesting...
"Blond women are not so stupid than they look like"... :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
How many times has this been explained in the thread so far? Four?

This is basically why I quit attempting substantial posts. Nobody noticed anyway. =)

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN
Well I'm waiting for Ganishka's new form and the final battle. But it was interesting to see that it all seems to be a well written plot. Ok, Raban had a good idea, but the Kushan armors seem to be there like it's a perfect coincidence. It's like that when something's going wrong, there is a coincidence that appears and helps... Like a plot written by destiny (The Idea? :D).
The story goes forward but the explanation of how things work... Mmm well the later Miura tells it the better?
I think Miura wants to explain (I hope he will do it because maybe he doesn't want to explain everything also if he finished the manga) all of the world's mechanics in the end.
Ok it'll be more of a climax to do that, but give an explanation for the present this year please. :ganishka:
Mmmm I think I need to reread some volumes... I've been reading only episodes for too long :D (but 2 times a year I buy the manga, :judo: sigh only 2 times...).

Cya guys

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JetBlack said:
The story goes forward but the explanation of how things work... Mmm well the later Miura tells it the better?
I think Miura wants to explain (I hope he will do it because maybe he doesn't want to explain everything also if he finished the manga) all of the world's mechanics in the end.
Ok it'll be more of a climax to do that, but give an explanation for the present this year please. :ganishka:
What exactly, in the current story arc, needs direct explanation?

Top Bottom