About the WHOLE manga...

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
Okay it's the newbie talk, but I've read the manga again and again enough times to happen with this whole skeptic idea. Bear with the horrible misuse of characters' english names as I only read the Chinese version *_*

Considering, at the start of the series, God Hand's servent (you know the goat that drives people insane about their sexuality) had seduced the princess after she was married to the bold guy. So the bold guy sacrificed her to GH. 7 years later, Gatts talked to the bold guy (which became GH's servant)...and at that time, Puck only knows of Gatts for only a few days.

The problem is here: we zoom back to the past about Gatts, and he already knew puck right after the Dark Ages (book 13). At that time, the princess is not even married yet, and the bold guy is still only a lord. This situation forces the first few books of the series to have absolutely no sense at all.

Someone answer my misery and I'd live a happy evil goddess.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the 'bold' guy (i guess you mean bald?) is NOT minister Foss, who we see in the Kingdom of Midland. That is just the ruler of Coca castle (is that right? I try to avoid this section of manga). The princess you are talking about in the first few volumes is the ruler of Coca castles wife, not a princess, and not Charlotte who we see in the kingdom of Midland.

That should clear things up... are you sure about the whole 7 years part? I never noticed that really.

Considering, at the start of the series, God Hand's servent (you know the goat that drives people insane about their sexuality) had seduced the princess after she was married to the bold guy.

Er... Wait.
I think you're seriously mistaken about all that... ^^;;

First of all, the "goat".
The goat is just a symbol of pagan cults.
In volume 3, it's a mere statue. It has nothing to do with the God Hands. The Count's wife (there's _no_ "princess" in this part of the manga) was juste "seduced" by the pagan cult.

So the bold guy sacrificed her to GH.  7 years later, Gatts talked to the bold guy (which became GH's servant)...

The Count became an Apostle, indeed. He sacrificed his wife to the God hands.

and at that time, Puck only knows of Gatts for only a few days.

"A few days"? We don't know that... A few hundreds of pages, I'd say. ^^

The problem is here: we zoom back to the past about Gatts, and he already knew puck right after the Dark Ages (book 13).

Er... No. ^^;
Guts and Puck first met in volume 1.
Then, we had a flashback (volume 3 to volume 14). During this flashback, Guts _didn't know_ Puck yet.
And in volume 14, once the flashback ended, the "Danzai" part began and was a follow-up to the events of volume 3. So, "Guts knew Puck again" from that point.

At that time, the princess is not even married yet, and the bold guy is still only a lord.

The Count, the Count's wife, Foss, and Princess Charlotte are _four_ different characters. ^^

Well, the 'bold' guy (i guess you mean bald?) is NOT minister Foss, who we see in the Kingdom of Midland. That is just the ruler of Coca castle (is that right? I try to avoid this section of manga).

No, you're mistaking the Snake Apostle and the Count. ^^;

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
(is that right? I try to avoid this section of manga
Truly, your hatred of the first three volumes sickens me. ;D

The story is weakened without them.

-Griffith

P.S. I can't believe I forgot the quote, I must be losing it.

aelka

AH.......

(I am such a friggin loser!)
arugh.  The whole character styles changed over the years of Muira's development really confused me BIG time.  Plus, (just rereading chapter 14 to make sure on how I missed it after reading the manga series so many times)...I REALLY don't see the transition point which it explains the whole "end of flashback".  With that, and the general features of the female characters changed so much over the years (like Caska: her chest gets bigger and BIGGER and BIGGER since volume 12/13: I know she was still young before, but it got really rediculus in Gatts' flashbacks in recent volumes...) it really confused me with the whole difference in characters.  Thanks so much for the clear up.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I REALLY don't see the transition point which it explains the whole "end of flashback".  
It’s literally a tiny box that just says 2 years later. ;D

-Griffith

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
It happened really crappy. There 's a textbox the size of microbe that says 2 years after and we see gatsu coming to a big tree.

aelka

*squint...*

Oh my GOD I missed that stupid box beside the tree a dozen times or more! Gee.......I see where it is now. :eek:

....... ?!?

Top Bottom