Perry Bible Fellowship no more.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/departments/syndicates/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003712741

'Perry Bible Fellowship' Comic Is Ending

By E&P Staff

Published: February 20, 2008 11:10 AM ET

NEW YORK Nicholas Gurewitch's "Perry Bible Fellowship," the offbeat comic that ran online and in newspapers, will end next week.

"I'm making this decision for a variety of reasons, but mainly because I want to do other things besides be a cartoonist," said Gurewitch.

Too bad, always enjoyable.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not surprised, he wasn't really updating anymore these days. Anyway, that's too bad indeed, it was one of the best webcomics around.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely THE webcomic. I actually thought it had already ended :???: This is too bad though. This guy's work will continue to be legendary.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Well, he released a book a while ago. I'm planning on picking it up when I figure out how to keep my wallet in my pants for more than a day.

Very sad day indeed though, PBF was the source of some of the most hilarious moments I will ever encounter.

I've always tried to look for his book, but whichever bookstore I go to it says "coming soon". AAAGGGH, I need more PBF!!

FYI, his last update was last week. 'bee'.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
I've always tried to look for his book, but whichever bookstore I go to it says "coming soon". AAAGGGH, I need more PBF!!

FYI, his last update was last week. 'bee'.

Yeah, and it was pretty cool, too. As for the book, you can get it from Amazon.com.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I was looking through PBF, like for plans of a future "complete" collection etc, but couldn't find a word on the site about the status of the comic, so I went to wiki, and it said it just went monthy. Then, I click the link here again, and it confirms it, but my quote in the first post shows the article as originally written, and look at the bottom now:

** A previous version of this story (based on information E&P received) stated that "Perry Bible Fellowship" was ending. It is not.

So now, this is more of a thread about bad journalism, myself included, than anything. Oh, and we get more PBF! Only monthly now... hmmm, this was a nice way to turn a major bummer into great news by comparison. Miura should just announce that Berserk is ending. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I had myself read on the official website that the guy was just going to update less frequently (which he already did anyway). Journalism is in a sad state of affairs these days.

Top Bottom