Playing the NINTENDO once more

D

DemiAngel

'Sup guys, I want to buy a NES to play the old classics again! :serpico:

Sure I've got t3h R0Ms, but nothing beats the hardware experience .. ah the memories! :carcus:

I got two option, buying the original TOASTER NES, the orignal famicom or trying the new clone Generation NEX

What version of the NES is better? :miura:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Generation NEX doesn't play Castlevania III. OUT! I've still got my old NES myself, and it still works well enough, so if I were to buy a new one I'd probably go for the Famicom.

D

DemiAngel

But the Generation Nex got a wireless controllers! :badbone:

I'm thinking of hunting one of the AV famicom, but these are too expesive to import! :judo:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Viva the original NES. :guts:

glad to hear you still have your old one aaz! The old nintendo is like what i grew up with as a video game platform! i think i'll keep it till it breaks or till i cant play anymore! mouhahaha

I have my original Nes. The key to keeping it working is using Windex (or other cleaning fluids that don't damage the cartridge) and a Q-tip.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
Generation NEX doesn't play Castlevania III. OUT! I've still got my old NES myself, and it still works well enough, so if I were to buy a new one I'd probably go for the Famicom.

Theres your answer! Why even get one if it dosen't play Castlevania 3? Handsome suggests you play Castlevania 1-3, Contra, Super C, Shatterhand, Life Force, MT Punch Out, and Mario 3 just for starters.

Oh, I just bought something called an FC Twin. It plays both NES and SNES games. It's pretty good so far, there was some color mix up on Contra Alien Wars and the controls it comes with are kinda sucky. You can use just about any SNES accessory with it.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
well, Demi, I just happen to have a stash of like five NES's if you'd like to buy one off me. ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ive been playing classic titles through the Wii's virtual console. It seems to emulate flawlessly, even including SLOWDOWN accurately in games. Right now Im playing Startropics.

Top Bottom