Another Skull Knight thread

D

DemiAngel

'Sup guys! :serpico:

How comes the Skull Knight knows so much about Guts' origins (being born from a corpse and all)? :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemiAngel said:
How comes the Skull Knight knows so much about Guts' origins (being born from a corpse and all)? :SK:

How comes he knows so much about a lot of things? There's no way to know.

Or maybe it was all his doing: he hanged Guts' mom there himself and planned that it'd be on Gambino's way!? :isidro:

Aazealh said:
How comes he knows so much about a lot of things? There's no way to know.

Or maybe it was all his doing: he hanged Guts' mom there himself and planned that it'd be on Gambino's way!? :isidro:

And he was secretly behind Donovan, orchestrating the rape play by play. :badbone:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Aazealh said:
Or maybe it was all his doing: he hanged Guts' mom there himself and planned that it'd be on Gambino's way!?

That...never occurred to me as a possibility...

Skullknight suddenly became much darker... :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Wow, 6 comments that spawned from one joke? Ba... BAKEMONO DA! :isidro:

Truth be told, I think Aolsier might be in on the machination behind Guts' birth. He needed to form a worthy successor.

scarredsword

Have you ever killed anyone?
Any chance he might be Guts' father? I know Gaiseric died centuries before Guts was born, but maybe Skull Knight can still father kids?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Scarred Sword said:
Any chance he might be Guts' father? I know Gaiseric died centuries before Guts was born, but maybe Skull Knight can still father kids?

I'm going to go with "no". But has it been completely definitely ruled out? no. But then again the chances of it being SK are less than every other character older than Guts in the story.

welcome to the forum, btw :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scarred Sword said:
Any chance he might be Guts' father? I know Gaiseric died centuries before Guts was born

If you're assuming that SK is Gaiseric, then you can't really say that you know he died. Anyway, it's very unlikely that he could be Guts' father.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
The name Skullknight seems to imply a lack of fleshy tissue, so I'm guessing he can't procreate.

Scarred Sword said:

I've always guessed it might (unlikely though it is) be Zodd, based on really nothing much else than their having the same hair, Guts having inhuman strength and durability, and that one time Zodd threw his sword to Guts from a great distance when he saw that Guts had lost his during the Hawk's final assault on that enemy of Midland's way back in the early days of the story, I'm sorry I've forgotten the name of it.

But otherwise, I have absolutely nothing else to back that up, other than random fanboyishness. :carcus:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Bekul said:
[...]and that one time Zodd threw his sword to Guts from a great distance when he saw that Guts had lost his during the Hawk's final assault on that enemy of Midland's way back in the early days of the story, I'm sorry I've forgotten the name of it.

That was simply because if Guts had lost his duel, then the Band of the Hawk would have failed to take Doldrey and Griffith's ambition would have crumbled right there. It wasn't because of any personal feelings towards Guts.

neko-sama

I'm so much faster and better strategist than Guts
Scorpio said:
That was simply because if Guts had lost his duel, then the Band of the Hawk would have failed to take Doldrey and Griffith's ambition would have crumbled right there. It wasn't because of any personal feelings towards Guts.

...or was it?!

Nah, just kidding... I've heard enough about "Zodd obviously being Guts's dad" in the past (btw I've noticed that that particular idea is very popular among people who have only seen the anime - and indeed in the context of just that very limited exposure, those two do stand apart, because of... ummm... similar hair and... uhmmm, great strength?) and I'm not going there. If who is Guts's father was important to some part of the story so far, we'd already have that subject touched upon. And if it ever is, well, I think we will then.

I would however say that Zodd actually does have some personal feelings towards Guts, fatherly though they may not be... :guts:

And it's not like Zodd actually saved Guts's ass from certain death or anything. We all (and Zodd too) know all too well that Guts is incredibly resourceful when it comes to combat and just because his sword just got broken and he's up against a strong guy in armour and with a poleaxe (and on horseback) while himself being armed only with a knife, he's far from helpless. I'm rather partial to thinking Zodd wanted, if anything, the fight to end quickly and the killing blow to look really spectacular and break the opposing force's morale (which indeed happened).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
The name Skullknight seems to imply a lack of fleshy tissue, so I'm guessing he can't procreate.

Doesn't it rather imply that his helmet has the shape of a skull? If I had to prove that he can't procreate, I'd point to his empty, glowing eye sockets instead. That or the sound it makes when he eats beherits.

Bekul said:
I've always guessed it might (unlikely though it is) be Zodd, based on really nothing much else than their having the same hair, Guts having inhuman strength and durability, and that one time Zodd threw his sword to Guts from a great distance when he saw that Guts had lost his during the Hawk's final assault on that enemy of Midland's way back in the early days of the story, I'm sorry I've forgotten the name of it.

That's a really old (and lame) theory. The thing is, they don't even really have the same hair. Sure, it's black and spiky in both cases, but if you look at it closely that's about all there is. Half the characters in the story could be related, going by such standards (aside from the different color, Gambino's hair is actually very similar to Guts'). As for Guts' strength, I guess Pippin, Azan, Boscone and all strong humans are the sons of apostles, then. What about the Tapasa? They can crush steel armors like paper. Probably the sons of Conrad and Slan or something. Concerning the sword, I wouldn't say that he was completely uninterested in Guts' fate, but like Scorpio pointed out, there was another reason behind it. He hadn't been spying on Guts to ensure his well being, but rather had probably come to see the Band of the Hawk's decisive battle.

neko-sama said:
I would however say that Zodd actually does have some personal feelings towards Guts, fatherly though they may not be... :guts:

If anything they're more like rivals. Zodd acts (acted?) as if he's an undefeated champion and Guts a particularly talented challenger.

neko-sama said:
And it's not like Zodd actually saved Guts's ass from certain death or anything. We all (and Zodd too) know all too well that Guts is incredibly resourceful when it comes to combat and just because his sword just got broken and he's up against a strong guy in armour and with a poleaxe (and on horseback) while himself being armed only with a knife, he's far from helpless. I'm rather partial to thinking Zodd wanted, if anything, the fight to end quickly and the killing blow to look really spectacular and break the opposing force's morale (which indeed happened).

Sorry, but I think you're deluding yourself here. Guts himself comments on how he can't even block Boscone's attack with his dagger at that moment. It's quite unlikely that he would have been able to dodge the strike and even the odds afterward. On the other hand, Boscone didn't expect that a weapon would literally fall from the sky, and so it's likely he wouldn't have died as easily had the counterattack not taken him by surprise.

Aazealh said:
Probably the sons of Conrad and Slan or something.

:isidro: Oh my god... Personally I have always believed Guts was an "Immaculate Conception" from SLAN... hoouhou SLAN... hummm...

A band of brothers...

I don't really think who Guts's biological father will be important. Just like we don't know his birth mother's name. His father is probably dead right now if his mother was hung from a tree, its more than likely that his father was killed too, or that he left after he found out she was pregnant.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
flagawax said:
Personally I have always believed Guts was an "Immaculate Conception" from SLAN

Hehe, actually you mean "virginal conception," as the Immaculate Conception is the fact Mary was born without the original sin within her.

The Ruffled Swordsman said:
I don't really think who Guts's biological father will be important. Just like we don't know his birth mother's name. His father is probably dead right now if his mother was hung from a tree, its more than likely that his father was killed too, or that he left after he found out she was pregnant.

Yeah. Without even speculating about who he was or what happened to him, it's clear and it's been repeated for years that as the story currently stands, it's just not very likely that there'll be a shocking relevation about the identity of Guts' father.

Aazealh said:
Yeah. Without even speculating about who he was or what happened to him, it's clear and it's been repeated for years that as the story currently stands, it's just not very likely that there'll be a shocking relevation about the identity of Guts' father.

I totally agree. Now that I think about it none of the Band of the Hawk had strong parental figures. Sure there is nothing said about Corcus, Pippin, or Judeau, but besides Corcus their all relatively young so one would think they didn't have a strong relationship with their parents. Heck I think Rickert is eight or so and however never mentions a parental figure. That could be another reason why they flocked to Griffith.

Though Gut's biological father would be an interesting addition, as far as I'm concerned, Gambino was and always will be Gut's father figure. ..Unless SK comes out and pulls a Darth Vader "NOOOOO".
These "Gut's father?" questions really should be put on the back burner. Gut's being the new Griffith's father is a lot more interesting. I really doubt that Miura-sensei, after introducing such a vital plot element would pull something so ridiculous as to have another father-son conflict. Gambino-Guts, Guts-Griffith v2. is more then enough.

But if we are gonna go down the ridiculous road. What if Gut's is the offspring of Griffith v2 and Princess Charlotte FROM THE FUTURE, after his downfall. Besides causality is a spiral. :SK:
Well that settles it, I don't know why I didn't see it before. :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
as far as I'm concerned, Gambino was and always will be Guts father figure.

I think that goes for everyone, Guts himself included.

Ramen4ever said:
These "Guts father?" questions really should be put on the back burner.

All such questions are cyclical and come back regularly. Not much to be done about it.

Ramen4ever said:
Guts being the new Griffith's father is a lot more interesting.

Well to be exact he's the father of the former inhabitant of Griffith's body. It's more subtle than just a father-son conflict, which it hasn't been at all so far. Griffith himself doesn't regard Guts and Casca as his parents, nor does Guts regard him as his son.

Ramen4ever said:
Besides causality is a spiral.

I don't think throwing this around randomly as if it were relevant in a context where it isn't can fool anybody. :SK:

Aazealh said:
I don't think throwing this around randomly as if it were relevant in a context where it isn't can fool anybody. :SK:

Ahh, you're underestimating just how gullible people can be. A small truth can go a long way in the art of deception. :beast:
And you're ruining my joke. :judo:

Top Bottom