Art of War - Griffith Statue 1/6

Well here it is guys and gals:

griff1.6.jpg

A new pic, courtesy of Masato (www.m-world-service.com)
griffithad.jpg

Email from AOW
==============================================
Dear Customers,

We are pleased to inform you our latest item, Griffith, which is ART OF WAR’s first 1/6 scale statue.

Originated from the Berserk comics, Chapter 282, the scene when Griffith, as leader of the new Hawk soldiers, and Ganishka who was leading the Kushans to invade the Midland confronting each other has been recreated by this item.

Quality of this item is no doubt the highest among the products ART OF WAR has released so far because we have shifted our production line to a smaller-scaled factory.

Limited manufacture to 100 units only. Price per unit is 75,000 JAPANESE YEN.

Pre-order taking starts at: 11:00am, 14 March (Japanese time)
==============================================

75,000 yen!!!! Good lawd!!

WTF!
It's very expensive but I'll buy it!! I don't have any Griffith's statue because I found them ugly but this one looks pretty good.

100 pieces, it'll be hard to find later...

Armored_Berserk said:
WTF!
It's very expensive but I'll buy it!! I don't have any Griffith's statue because I found them ugly but this one looks pretty good.

100 pieces, it'll be hard to find later...

Same as you I don't have any Griffith statue yet ! But the scale will be so different from the others statues...boring... asking myself if I order it, Released date of this new Griffith is July 2008

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Compared to how long it took them to ship the last Skull Knight that's actually quite fast.

Need more pics and details before I can decide. What's the size of this statue?

I haven't been pleased with any of the Griffith statues that didn't come with a helmet option, hehe. Since this one does, so far I think it looks pretty good. I'm HOPING, that at a bigger scale, they can make the face more accurate. We will soon find out. Judging from that one picture, the pose looks a little boring.

I wonder if this decision to do 1/6 had anything to do with the surveys that were sent out a few months ago. If so, that's pretty cool. But what about my Serpico and Schierke statues!?!?! And / or more dioramas!!?

Hehe, well you know me, I'll be buying this of course (can't stop won't stop), but I am pretty upset how expensive this is. I mean, cmon, so yah, it's bigger, but it's not like THAT much more resin costs THAT much more money, or it was THAT much harder to sculpt. 75,000 yen for a standard 1/6 scale standing statue is DAMN pricey. I mean, the Zodd Apostle statues are pretty freakin' huge, and they don't end up costing 75,000 yen. Ah well, rarity counts for something I suppose!

Ok this is straight BS!! It's the same fukin statue as the milleniun as far as I can see..um 75000 yen your smokin opium and crack AOW! The funny thing if it is a boring statue despite if it goes up in$$$ who would wanna buy it!? sure as shit not me!! Sadly, enough i am probably full of shit myself..lol :isidro:

Dennis1981

Berserk Rulezzzzz
I don't mind paying a high price for a nice statue that has a lot of movement and emotion in it.
And the repaint project are a nice way to get something special that nobody else has. Especially for somebody like me who can't paint at all.
But to be honest this statue looks indeed boring.

I hope they will make a statue from Guts when he cuts his own arm of.

Dear Laurent XXXXX,

Thank you for your message.
I can understand your feeling very much about the high price of the new item.
While the fact is, making high quality statues has become harder and harder these years. The workers' wage has becomer higher and higher, and so does the price of raw materials.
While since quality is the point where ART OF WAR put most interest in, we would better release fewer items rather than lowering the quality of our products.Also we have no choice but to raise the price of our products.

We will appreciate it very much if you would understand our situation.
Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,
ART OF WAR
Usei Tai

:miura:

Ok fellas I guess this is a sign of the time's economy issues resulting in direct correlations in screwing the adoring public, the secondary market will be for only the most die-hard and exclusive collectors due to inflated price hikes! Personally, that is a BS REASON! You don't sideshow, bowen, or even exclusive takeya sculpted dioramas only available through specialized ordering websites charge sooo much. Oh, the raw materials include resin, polyresin, polystone (not that much I might add), and fucking plastic!? WTF!! They know they have a strong fan base, and also the USD is shit right now, that response was a slap in the face! DISHONESTY! Oh nice job Armored-Berserk for posting! :guts: :beast:

Although I disagree lower quantity/higher price, but we need to know the size of this statue before telling that it is too much expensive

imo :serpico:

The statue is, AS PER AOW (Ms. Taei), 13 inches. I swear it looks to me based on the glimpse shown like a twin to the millenium statue just in larger scale. :griff:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Wow, 75,000 is a bit of a rip.

I'll echo the Millennium Falcon comments. Here's waiting for a bed of snow with swords poking out of it!

G

Genome

Chiba said:
Compared to how long it took them to ship the last Skull Knight that's actually quite fast.

Need more pics and details before I can decide. What's the size of this statue?

We can see some picture on the Flash introduction the AOW web site www.art-of-war.co.jp (don't go to the elglish index directly).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:
We can see some picture on the Flash introduction the AOW web site www.art-of-war.co.jp (don't go to the elglish index directly).

The real deal is that Ganishka statue, it looks pretty cool. Probably a bonus like the coins or busts they've been doing.

Genome said:

Thanks Genome, but you have now got me interested in a statue that I had decided was too much money and that I didn't really want anyway.

Looks very nice, even from the just the short glimpses they show.

Just posted a new pic, from Masato, see first post.

Aazealh said:
The real deal is that Ganishka statue, it looks pretty cool. Probably a bonus like the coins or busts they've been doing.

Agreed, Ganishka statue is a very nice addition. Aaz, can you tell from the postcard ad, what the size of Ganishka is? I wonder if it's similar to the Mozgus size...

And that Flash intro is pretty sweet. It definitely makes the statue more appealing. I dunno if it makes it $700 appealing, but still nice!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Agreed, Ganishka statue is a very nice addition. Aaz, can you tell from the postcard ad, what the size of Ganishka is? I wonder if it's similar to the Mozgus size...

The Griffith statue will be 31.5 cm (height) x 32 cm (width) x 27 cm (depth), and the Ganishka one will be 10 cm (height) x 8 cm (width) x 9 cm (depth).

Top Bottom