New character Jaris : what do you think of him ?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Hello everyone ! Long time no post...

The last episode (294) has been a great one and i wanted to read some discussions about our new guy, Jaris. As there is still no thread about him, i'm making the decision of doing it myself.

My question really is : what place do you think he fits in in the whole pattern ?

Jaris seems to be quite understanding the whole situation and though he follows Griffith, he appears to be seeing the true nature of what's coming (only he probably thinks the new Age will be brightful and not dark). So what Jaris is useful for ? 1- He, as a stranger human, comes with questionning and relativity in the Hawks. He might be the most competent to lead the kushans under the Hawks flag. Or he could be of importance for Mule and the other human midlanders to see things differently. 2-His role is related to Silat only : keeping on showing Rakshas interfere with Silat would have been redundant and Miura is showing us a new face to do evolve the character of Silat. Jaris fits perfectly in his situation, as Rakshas would have made a strange impression on the kushans under Ganishka who were questionning Raban and the people of Wyndham. Jaris being another kushan, a cunning one too, and not a former member of the Bakiraka clan, Silat may be more willing to listen to what he has to say about the Hawk and the situation. 3-As a clairvoyant character and questionning one, mainly confronted to the unique perspective of Silat, Jaris is subject to being an evolving character (alliances speaking). I can see him (and the kushans under his command?) joining in a neutral force who could be represented by Silat and his clan (probably after the demise of Ganishka and Griffith's triumph). In a distant future, working with the same aim in mind as Guts and his band. Maybe his eyes are just reminding me of Pippin and that's why i'm making this assumption...

So what's your thoughts on Jaris ? :daiba:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm not sure he's going to be a recurring character. For all we know, we might never see him again after this episode. There was a focus on him because he had an important mission, but after that, who knows? Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him again from times to times, but I doubt it'll be in a major role. He seems completely subjugated by Griffith, like most humans in the Band of the Hawk, so in order to question events and such he would have to go through a change first.

That being said, I could see him interacting with Silat in the future, or even with Mule or Raban/Owen in hypothetic dire times under Griffith's rule. It could be interesting to see.

Top Bottom