Episode 295

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walter said:
Well, I for one am counting on the title being "The End of God."

Yeah, I'm not sure I love the title "Final God"... maybe something like "Highest God" -- depending on how we're looking at the kanji?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Yeah, I'm not sure I love the title "Final God"... maybe something like "Highest God" -- depending on how we're looking at the kanji?

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that'd be looking at it the wrong way.

It's a pretty interesting choice of kanji. ″未” usually means "yet to come", or "incomplete". So "imperfect god" may be a better choice. :???: Guess I'll have to wait for puella to butt heads with. :p

-Edit- P.S. - Damn, these episodes are coming quicker than what I'm used to, but no complaints from me. :guts:

yota821 said:
It's a pretty interesting choice of kanji. ″未” usually means "yet to come", or "incomplete". So "imperfect god" may be a better choice. :???:

You're confusing 未 with 末 which is the one used in the title.

末神 might mean "youngest god" actually.

^It's what I get for just glancing at the kanji... :judo:

So, instead of ”未” (mi), it's ”末” (su-eh), which means "end", or as someone had suggested earlier "final". Thanks for the correction NTSC-J. :serpico:

Uriel

We're certain it's not "u-ra" or even "ma-tsu"?

I'm not gonna argue with the professionals here, I'm just trying to get a flavour for how we define meaning without furigana.

puella

Berserk forever
Uriel said:
We're certain it's not "u-ra" or even "ma-tsu"?

I'm not gonna argue with the professionals here, I'm just trying to get a flavour for how we define meaning without furigana.

The pronunciation depends on its meaning. We can't be sure of that until its furigana is given.

On a side note, I found an interesting story (myth) that uses the same word. Of course, we can't say that it's related to Berserk. I just want to give you guys a source where the word 末神 is used.

There was a 1000 year war between gods before the world was created. It's very complicated.
According to the myth, God decided to create 8 other gods to endow them to rule the world. The gods were placed in a loop of fate. When the first god and the last god (末神) met, the loop was complete. But a creature of darkness who was created by God provoked the last god who was overconfident about himself. God defeated him and sealed his soul and body with some kind of sign. And the dark one got to live as a servant of the one who summons his soul with the sign.

A beautiful preview and an enigmatic tittle...I think this episode will be really interesting!(woaw)
I really love the myth you tell us there Puella thank you for your... hum enlightenment(don't know if this word exist)moreover the story fit with Berserk in someway(woaww)...it's for things like these that I love this place(hope I can find more free time someday)!

Uriel

Thanks for that, puella -- that helped!

Is that Myth from China.. Aaz said something about it to me, but didn't go into as much detail as you just did.

Nice, hopefully the fortnightly releases will continue. And shit, what big changes will be around the corner after this battle takes place...

Actually Puella that sounds highly relevant to Berserk. I mean it sounds like you just described the Godhand and Guts, or possibly Ganishka as that servant.

puella

Berserk forever
Uriel said:
Thanks for that, puella -- that helped!

Is that Myth from China.. Aaz said something about it to me, but didn't go into as much detail as you just did.

I don't know the exact origin. All I can tell you is that it's an Asian myth, probably derivated from Indian or Chinese mythology, which was adopted by the Japanese.

Sal said:
Actually Puella that sounds highly relevant to Berserk. I mean it sounds like you just described the Godhand and Guts, or possibly Ganishka as that servant.

I know it's reminiscent of Ganishka's situation in regard to the God Hand, it's also why I posted about it (but I don't think it has got anything to do with Guts). What I meant is that nothing proves the two are related, even with those partial similarities. And there are also some aspects in which the stories differ.

A

avidwriter

puella said:
God defeated him and sealed his soul and body with some kind of sign. And the dark one got to live as a servant of the one who summons his soul with the sign.

That would be interesting if it happens to :ganishka: by :griff:.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
creampuff_war said:
anywho, I believe that "final god" or "the end of god" refers to Ganishka's transformation, which will be the final form he graces the pages of Berserk with. His demise should be in at least one or two more episodes though. As for Griffith, personally, I don't think he'll change his appearance or form or whatever...Unless, it does happen to be the form of Femto, but I doubt it.

I just know Aaz is lurking around the corner to blast me on this, but aren't they the same, with just Femto being one corrupted state in Griffith's transformations?

In any sense, it'll be interesting to see how Griffith appears, I'm more interested in that now than Ganish-Zilla. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
I just know Aaz is lurking around the corner to blast me on this, but aren't they the same, with just Femto being one corrupted state in Griffith's transformations?

Hmm yeah, your guess is correct. A corrupted state in Griffith's transformations? What? During the Eclipse, Griffith became Femto, losing his corporeal form in the process. Then later on Femto incarnated himself into a new physical body that resembled the old one. It's pretty simple, really. I don't know what you were trying to say, but it sounds confusing.

Black_Devil said:
In any sense, it'll be interesting to see how Griffith appears, I'm more interested in that now than Ganish-Zilla. :ganishka:

Maybe his appearance won't even change. :griff: Or maybe it'll just be the Hawk of Light. :guts: It would be cool to see a Femtoish glimpse at some point though. That'd definitely make things more ominous.

Pardon me if this is obviously wrong, but I hazily recall the Daka-factory (or whatever the real name is) being inside a large domed temple or governmental building of some kind; could that be the one visible in the preview?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HURRR said:
Pardon me if this is obviously wrong, but I hazily recall the Daka-factory (or whatever the real name is) being inside a large domed temple or governmental building of some kind; could that be the one visible in the preview?

Indeed, that is the one.

Hello~~ I am newbie >_>

I found spoiler pic for ya all...

<BROKEN LINK>

Episode 296 will out on May 23 (YA issue #11)

edit: reupload pic

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks L41n, that's quite the preview. Ganishka isn't kidding anymore. I wonder if it's a solid body or something unsubstantial. Griffith looks real small in comparison, in any case. :guts:

Top Bottom