Episode 295

I'm not impressed by the form Ganishka took on. Don't really know what I was expecting, but that is kind of a let down. Though I'm sure the upcoming fight is going to be incredible.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
I have a hell of a time talking to Berserk Fans who say Femto is a completely different character, while trying to explain him myself >_>.

Well, he's certainly not a completely different character, that much is clear.

dwarfkicker said:
I'm not impressed by the form Ganishka took on. Don't really know what I was expecting, but that is kind of a let down. Though I'm sure the upcoming fight is going to be incredible.

Well it's not even really a "form", he's basically completely degenerated into a giant mass of flesh. Personally, while I didn't expect something on that level (neither degeneration nor sheer size), I'm totally satisfied. And eager to see the full figure too, since we only partially saw him anyway. Actually, I'm even wondering if we've seen his actual face, or if it's only the top of his skull on page 13.

Anyway, am I the only one to think that Griffith has a fierce look on his face on page 21? I think it's because of his eyes, they seem feline in that shot.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Well it's not even really a "form", he's basically completely degenerated into a giant mass of flesh. Personally, while I didn't expect something on that level (neither degeneration nor sheer size), I'm totally satisfied. And eager to see the full figure too, since we only partially saw him anyway.

It reminded me of the way Tetsuo transformed after he lost control of his powers at the end of Akira.  It's not what I was expecting either (I really didn't expect him to be this large) but I'm fine with it.  As you said, we've only seen parts of him.  I'm expecting several epic 2-page spreads in the next episode, if it sticks with this portion of the story.  I wouldn't be too surprised if we jumped back to Guts and crew after a cliffhanger like this one, though.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Grail said:
Ohman. I LOVE calamari. :beast:

What kind of dip do you think he's going to use on Ganamari?

Aazealh said:
Well it's not even really a "form", he's basically completely degenerated into a giant mass of flesh.

So I don't have to look forward to Griffith making a giant fan to kill Ganishka, do I?

Excluding the tentacles, Ganishka's form reminds me of the last Colossus from SOTC. Can't wait to see more of him.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Anyway, am I the only one to think that Griffith has a fierce look on his face on page 21? I think it's because of his eyes, they seem feline in that shot.

Yea, he definitely looks more determined than devine here, imo.
And I don't mind Ganishka's size just as long as nobody summons a giant robot or Voltron appears...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
It reminded me of the way Tetsuo transformed after he lost control of his powers at the end of Akira.

Yeah, it sprang to my mind too. Though after thinking about it a little more and checking some pictures, I find that there are some key differences between them, both in terms of appearance and essence.

Rhombaad said:
I'm expecting several epic 2-page spreads in the next episode, if it sticks with this portion of the story. I wouldn't be too surprised if we jumped back to Guts and crew after a cliffhanger like this one, though.

Oh yeah, this is going to be good. :guts: And you're right about the jump to Guts, it's very possible.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Excluding the tentacles, Ganishka's form reminds me of the last Colossus from SOTC. Can't wait to see more of him.

That brings about a good point: do you guys think that he's going to be able to move at all, or is he going to be rooted on the floor? If so, that'd be a serious disadvantage for him.

CnC said:
And I don't mind Ganishka's size just as long as nobody summons a giant robot or Voltron appears...

Hahaha, the apostles could assemble themselves together to create a fitting adversary. :void:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Actually, I'm even wondering if we've seen his actual face, or if it's only the top of his skull on page 13.

I don't think we have yet, merely the top of his skull, like you said.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, am I the only one to think that Griffith has a fierce look on his face on page 21?

Nope, I'm with you there. His eyes are extremely cat-like in that shot.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, it sprang to my mind too. Though after thinking about it a little more and checking some pictures, I find that there are some key differences between them, both in terms of appearance and essence.

I don't think we'll be seeing Guts coming in on a motorbike wielding a laser gun. :beast:

Aazealh said:
That brings about a good point: do you guys think that he's going to be able to move at all, or is he going to be rooted on the floor? If so, that'd be a serious disadvantage for him.

If he's got legs, they're really tiny compared to his "torso," so I don't think he'll be moving around much, if at all. I'm leaning towards Griffith taking flight to defeat him, but whether or not he'll look like the same Hawk of Light in the visions everyone's been seeing is unknown. I'm wondering if he'll appear that way from a distance, yet be much more cruel and evil looking close up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
If he's got legs, they're really tiny compared to his "torso," so I don't think he'll be moving around much, if at all.

Well, he could have lower appendages that would be stuck together closely enough to appear as a single block from afar on page 22.

Rhombaad said:
I'm wondering if he'll appear that way from a distance, yet be much more cruel and evil looking close up.

That would be an interesting turn of events. I really wonder how he's going to defeat him...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Well, he could have lower appendages that would be stuck together closely enough to appear as a single block from afar on page 22.

That's true. Something like the pods a seastar has that he can slowly crawl on, except in his case it'd be beard tentacles or something.

Ganishka will be the best boss battle ever!

Shame about his army, though... no climatic battle for them! I suppose their irrelevance was already mentioned by Ganishka himself prior to his transformation, in episode 292. Despite the discipline we've seen them demonstrate throughout the series, it'd be a bit much to ask them to fight in the shadow of that.

Prediction for the next few episodes: The remaining Kushan forces make like Raban and stage their own exodus!

What a stunning episode the drawings are wonderful some of them looks like old engraving(it's the feeling I get when I read Berserk most the time),it's truely gorgeous.
About the episode itself I truely did not expect that form from Ganishka and really I like to be surprised when a read something, I dont think that what we saw his head like Aaz said it maybe the top of his head or something like that and he looks quite "Berserkish" btw I mean he did not look like a "thinking" being but more like a killing machine!
Anyway whatever happen in the coming battle nobody will ever look to Griffith and his NeoBoth as "regular" human anymore because I seriously doubt they will beat him staying in "human form" so I can't wait to what will come out of this battle when the people will look closely to their "guardian Angels"

PS:Not ONE word about Daiba what a shame! poor grumpy :daiba: :judo:

A

avidwriter

Rhombaad said:
His eyes are extremely cat-like in that shot.

Perhaps his eyes are like that because his eyes are much like a hawk and he is "zooming" his vision to get a closer look at him since he is pretty far.

Wow. This episode is so totally and completely sweet, I'm going to go brush my teeth to prevent cavities and tooth decay. But really though. Awesome.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HURRR said:
Shame about his army, though... no climatic battle for them! I suppose their irrelevance was already mentioned by Ganishka himself prior to his transformation, in episode 292. Despite the discipline we've seen them demonstrate throughout the series, it'd be a bit much to ask them to fight in the shadow of that.

Prediction for the next few episodes: The remaining Kushan forces make like Raban and stage their own exodus!

Yeah, I guess no battle against will even be needed after all, Ganishka's taking care of everything by himself. At this point I doubt the soldiers will stage anything, they'll just run or die horribly. I wouldn't be surprised if the survivors ended up surrendering to Griffith afterwards.

Mad Angel Loki said:
Anyway whatever happen in the coming battle nobody will ever look to Griffith and his NeoBoth as "regular" human anymore because I seriously doubt they will beat him staying in "human form" so I can't wait to what will come out of this battle when the people will look closely to their "guardian Angels"

Well, I don't think anybody ever looked at the apostles as guardian angels. Anyway, I also doubt they'll be able to do anything against Ganishka now. He's just too massive, he can't even be compared to them anymore. It'll take something incredible to strike him down. Maybe an earthquake could throw him down?

Mad Angel Loki said:
PS:Not ONE word about Daiba what a shame! poor grumpy :daiba: :judo:

Hey, he might not be dead yet. :guts:

avidwriter said:
Perhaps his eyes are like that because his eyes are much like a hawk and he is "zooming" his vision to get a closer look at him since he is pretty far.

Hmm, I somehow doubt that. I don't think it'd look like that anyway.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Aazealh said:
Yeah, I guess no battle against will even be needed after all, Ganishka's taking care of everything by himself. At this point I doubt the soldiers will stage anything, they'll just run or die horribly. I wouldn't be surprised if the survivors ended up surrendering to Griffith afterwards.

Now be fair Aaz, the soldiers do still have a battle.... avoiding being made a second course after the acid breakfast. :ganishka:

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
Wow, Ganishka's form is awesome. A big towering mass of flesh. I do hope to see him kill some of the apostles we've seen, though I somehow doubt he will.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Billybob said:
I do hope to see him kill some of the apostles we've seen, though I somehow doubt he will. 

I think this is going to be a one-on-one battle between Gani and Guri.  I don't think the other apostles will be foolish enough to leap into the fray.  If any apostles are lost, it will be the fodder of the Neo Hawks.

First of all,thanks for the scans.

And now I must say that I'm also a bit disappointed with Ganishka's transformation.The man is sticking exactly to what is expected from him,that is,to look like a big bad monster from hell so Griffith could make a big show defeating him in front of everyone.

That was somehow to be expected though,since the city was deserted there was no point in defeating Ganishka there,but I was expecting something more epic than a Cthulhu-like squid.

(But I'm still sure the next scenes would be great,so no much problem after all)

Thanks for the episode. Ganishka reminds me of these guys from the moomins. First the trolls, now THIS?! :ganishka:

Also, I think Griffith has a sort of "time to get serious" look about him, that is, knowing he'll have to work for it while still being absolutely confident of victory. (Isn't there a word for that...?)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Baldulf said:
And now I must say that I'm also a bit disappointed with Ganishka's transformation.The man is sticking exactly to what is expected from him,that is,to look like a big bad monster from hell
Yeah that's just totally a letdown. Ya know. Since Ganishka's current form IS FROM HELL and all. So predictable. :schierke:

And you know you're oversimplifying the form by calling it a "Cthulhu-like squid" since Ganishka clearly changed his form freely throughout the entire episode, eventually rising into the sky with multiple appendages. It's a pretty original design really, but I guess because he's big and has tentacle-like things he's JUST LIKE CTHULHU.

With Ganishka being composed of an amorphous material, I expect we'll see at least one more transformation, akin to when he condensed himself in Vritannis to a huge electrical bomb.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
With Ganishka being composed of an amorphous material, I expect we'll see at least one more transformation, akin to when he condensed himself in Vritannis to a huge electrical bomb.

Along those lines, I wouldn't be surprised if he did some sort of final, suicidal, explosion or something (hard to describe, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say) in order to take Griffith out with him, rather than letting himself be killed by The Hawk.  He's a proud guy, from what we've seen so far, so I think it'd fit his character to do so.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Along those lines, I wouldn't be surprised if he did some sort of final, suicidal, explosion or something (hard to describe, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say) in order to take Griffith out with him, rather than letting himself be killed by The Hawk. He's a proud guy, from what we've seen so far, so I think it'd fit his character to do so.
Well that'd be kind of redundant since him obtaining this form was kind of an all-or-nothing suicide move to begin with. That being said, I agree wholeheartedly :carcus:

Aazealh said:
Well, I don't think anybody ever looked at the apostles as guardian angels. Anyway, I also doubt they'll be able to do anything against Ganishka now. He's just too massive, he can't even be compared to them anymore. It'll take something incredible to strike him down. Maybe an earthquake could throw him down?

Hey, he might not be dead yet. :guts:
That's true but I still hope to see some apostles crushed :carcus: and well if humans see them(apostles) litterally as devil monsters with horns and penis like appendice it may cause a big shock but...it's not like its so important right now btw :troll:
Anyway I'm done for today!

Moomins :ganishka:

Top Bottom