Episode 295

JetBlack said:
Wow thanks! :ganishka: Awesome there will be a great fight! But we know he was only an apostle and now is more than... but Griffith is over all. And when he wins against him all the people will call him a hero!!! :guts:

Griffith is over all but hell look at his expression, when was the last time he has such serious expression? (More than 23 volumes ago? It's just priceless!)

And Aaz look like what you hope is coming through, Ganishka is not going down without a real challenging battle, or I should say WAR... Heck we didn't even know what would work against that monstrosity (Magic is the most probable solution but for enemy that size its... :isidro:)

JetBlack said:
And finally where is our man Skully?!

AH YES! How could Miura forget about him??! He should deserve a panel somewhere far in a forest staring at the direction where the great Godishka is (Just like how the rest stare at him!)...

But we never know, the begining of 296 might be SK mumbling to himself about the changing world while looking at that direction of Wyndham.

Waychel said:
This was really one hell of an episode! I was just expecting a small follow up with Raban and Owen. Instead we get... Shadow of the Colossus Ganishka?! :serpico: Between this and the eventual arrival at Elfhelm... I don't know how I will survive a month's wait.

I was hoping that it does turn out this way for 295, A small follow up with Raban and Owen, and 296 to be this, I mean it will be a friggin awesome way to end volume 33 with this cliffhanger (especially those who don't read spoilers)

Anyway awesome, really it's hella great!

P.S: Did you guys realise that his many-arms appearance is not so much of a coincidence, Does anyone still remember the statue of a Hindu goddess behind his throne?

Smith said:
AH YES! How could Miura forget about him??! He should deserve a panel somewhere far in a forest staring at the direction where the great Godishka is (Just like how the rest stare at him!)...

But we never know, the begining of 296 might be SK mumbling to himself about the changing world while looking at that direction of Wyndham.

Maybe he had seen it before? :carcus:

zrexe said:
Maybe he had seen it before? :carcus:

Nah, it can't be he encountered this 1000 years ago, it was mentioned the 4 kings who bought destruction to the ancient midland.

Oh wait! We have seen Void and Slann reaching the size of a mountain in volume 13 when they first appeared... Could Void have been this size back then?

Even if SK has seen before, he will look at it again because it's a sight to behold!

Namrok

I'm a man who's sick, but I've got class
Something about this is starting to remind me of the end of Drakengard, and I can't quite put my finger on it. But if giant carnivorous babies do start falling from the sky and devouring everyone, I told ya so!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
^^^

Ugggh, that made my head feel bad just looking at it! Anyways, I hope that when Ganishka explodes everywhere we could get a "Death Cam" experience of it. This si going to be friggon sweet... although I have a guess that when Griffith disposes of Ganishka that all bets will be off and shit will get real.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ramen4ever said:
If all bets are off, I wonder if were gonna see the other members of godhand materialize in the world.

I'm pretty sure they'll show up in the mortal world eventually.

It's really speculative, but if they did it would be really interesting to see what form they would take. I would love to see a "human" void.
Nvm I see GNM already went in this direction.

Anyway

Griffith No More! said:
So, if he's destroyed, does that negative energy go with him, or does it all come flowing out like in Ghostbusters?

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the energy will go with him. He didn't become a portal or a gateway to allow hell to break out. He just sucked in as much of that essence as he could. It has form because of him. At least thats my take on it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I'm going to go ahead and assume that the energy will go with him. He didn't become a portal or a gateway to allow hell to break out. He just sucked in as much of that essence as he could. It has form because of him. At least thats my take on it.
It very well could be. I just wonder if it will actually be that easy. Before this episode, I thought the same as you, but Sonia's line is very ominous in this regard. All bets ARE off, according to her foresight.

The more I read it, the more Im convinced what we're actually seeing is the Vortex of Souls with Ganishka's influence forced upon it. And unlike what you were saying above, the Vortex has always had form, just in its own dimension, but that's been brought here now.

See why this might be a little more complicated than just a quick vacuum job? :guts: I've got a few more ideas in store, but I want to wait for Aaz's verdict before I go any further. There's certainly more to discuss here than Daiba's health and the upcoming battle.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
How did I miss this! Well, I was writing my speech for school elections next week last night...this is way more important though.

The sky is goin' down next episode! Ganishka is covering the entire sky I bet.
How are people complaining about Ganishka's current form? I think that Ganishka just put the Vortex of Souls in reverse from suck to blow, and maybe a cloud of souls will erupt from him and cover the sky.

And Griffith looked like well, a hawk that just spotted it prey to me. I think Ganishka just caught his interest. It reminds me a bit of when Griffith first gave Guts the evil eye, but its definitely more subdued than that.

hawk-eye.jpg

Thanks a bunch for the scans! This is an absolutely awesome episode, so many questions raised, so many possibilities, so much incredible art... Also, the thread itself is a nice read, thank you guys for some nice input.

I'm getting the feeling that the upcoming conflict betwen Griffith and Ganishka is going to be resolved in a sort of anticlimactic manner. To elaborate: given that the dream that all the people of Midland shared was spot on as far as the new form of Gani goes, it is fair to assume that the Hawk of Light is also going to appear, thusly ending the proceedings in a matter similar to the Zodd dream sequence. As to what is to ensue from the wreckage of the great blob/mountain of flesh well, IMHO it'd be cool to give us a glimpse and then switch to the boat and have Schierke serve as the interpretor (bordering on fanfic here :))
I'd also like to say that two-page spreads aside, Griffith's closeup just blew me away, such an awesome contrast betwen the determination/ferocity of his eyes and the softness of his face!

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN
I've read now the translation (thanks for the great work!).
Mmmm the funny thing is that all this is a part of Karma I think. The most powerful is the enemy (he seems the hell no?) the most Griffith is a hero after the battle. The determination of Femto now we can see it in his eyes.

Gaiserik said:
The Notre Dame of Paris

Great work man! :guts:

What if the battle isn't so challenging? What if again the simple presence of the chosen one is enough to stop GanishkaBlob? (the mist was like a breeze no?)
But stop only cause some magic or miracle is needed. It can be a great light from Griffith that destroys Ganishka like the bird in the dream. The light of the angelic Griffith ( >.< he is evil !!!) against a horrible hell's blob.
Is fun if after great expectations Griffith puts a light and puff all finish.

PS: Save Daiba... Save Daiba! :daiba:

We know Guts and Caska left Idea's story by entering the Abyss and survive it. They were destined to die but ended up surviving. And they happen to create a sphere of influence around them allowing other travelers to leave the predestined fate Idea has planned. Flora, Schierke, and Skullknight being three other cases of having left the story set up by the Idea of Evil. Is it possible that by Ganishka entering into the Abyss, that he's escaped the story set up by the Idea of Evil? Ganishka is a leviathian and short of a moon landing on him, it's going to be hard to see what Griffith can do to him.

JetBlack said:
What if the battle isn't so challenging? What if again the simple presence of the chosen one is enough to stop GanishkaBlob? (the mist was like a breeze no?)
But stop only cause some magic or miracle is needed. It can be a great light from Griffith that destroys Ganishka like the bird in the dream. The light of the angelic Griffith ( >.< he is evil !!!) against a horrible hell's blob.
Is fun if after great expectations Griffith puts a light and puff all finish.

With the way Miura introduced Ganishka's new form and Griffith's serious expression, there is no way Ganishka is going down just like that...

I mean Griffith has finally met up his match, if not why bother to let him (Ganishka) live till now? Miura would have killed him off back in vol. 32 if he was to pose no serious threat to Griffith in future (I mean what'd be the point?).

A

avidwriter

Smith said:
With the way Miura introduced Ganishka's new form and Griffith's serious expression, there is no way Ganishka is going down just like that...

I mean Griffith has finally met up his match, if not why bother to let him (Ganishka) live till now? Miura would have killed him off back in vol. 32 if he was to pose no serious threat to Griffith in future (I mean what'd be the point?).

A few reasons. His death means more now then it did back then. However I do agree that this battle with be no pushover fight.

DetriusXii said:
We know Guts and Casca left Idea's story by entering the Abyss and survive it. They were destined to die but ended up surviving. And they happen to create a sphere of influence around them allowing other travelers to leave the predestined fate Idea has planned.

It would make sense. Skullknight seems to reside someplace outside fate; he rescued Guts and Casca, they too now both seem to reside outside fate(Griffith made mention of their unimportance, which lets us deduce that that he probably considers them petty free radicals, not capable of much.) Because Guts and Casca weren't consumed during the eclipse, might that mean that Griffith lacks the power of his full potential? If so, might that leave him unknowingly impaired if he attempts to go up against(or defend himself from) big ol' Ganish?

Vetrox

Bring it you mumin!
I've had a pause from Berserk since Ganishka first appeared before Guts, I must say, this day has been a wild rump through the recent EPISODES. Truly epic turn of events.

I don't expect too much from the coming battle between the hawks and Ganishka... I'd enjoy a spread of him falling down, crushing a few miles of Midland, though. :beast:

Thanks for the recent EPISODES, mates.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
it is fair to assume that the Hawk of Light is also going to appear, thusly ending the proceedings in a matter similar to the Zodd dream sequence.
I dunno, all the Hawk allusions could very well be realized literally if Griffith turns into a giant one, ala the dream sequence. I guess we'll see.

As to what is to ensue from the wreckage of the great blob/mountain of flesh well, IMHO it'd be cool to give us a glimpse and then switch to the boat and have Schierke serve as the interpretor
I could see some of the wizards in Elfhelm noticing the changes in the world, but Schierke herself could be the one to see them first, yeah.

DetriusXii said:
We know Guts and Casca left Idea's story by entering the Abyss and survive it. They were destined to die but ended up surviving. And they happen to create a sphere of influence around them allowing other travelers to leave the predestined fate Idea has planned.
No. This is a common and old misconception. Guts and Casca played key roles in bringing Griffith to the world again. Remember, she was the mother of the child that was his vessel. Not exactly outside the river.

deathbybears said:
Because Guts and Casca weren't consumed during the eclipse, might that mean that Griffith lacks the power of his full potential? If so, might that leave him unknowingly impaired if he attempts to go up against(or defend himself from) big ol' Ganish?
No. Another old, disproven misconception. The fact that they were branded at all served the purpose of the ceremony. Griffith shed his humanity, and the deaths and anguish of the Hawks, alive or dead, fueled Femto's birth. That's all there is to it.

Smith said:
Ok, I think you're really reading too much into the look here man. Seriously, it's just a serious look, it's not THE END or anything.

Walter said:
Ok, I think you're really reading too much into the look here man. Seriously, it's just a serious look, it's not THE END or anything.

Griffith had that serious look back 24 volumes ago.... and he was defeated straight after that...

Top Bottom