Blade of the Immortal Anime

I have mixed feelings about this. I don't think the manga is over yet, so this would most likely be a filler filled trash heap.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-23/blade-of-the-immortal-tv-anime-confirmed-for-summer

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The manga isn't over yet. It's not surprising that it's getting a TV series considering its success, but honestly I won't be looking forward to it. I just don't see what it'll do that the manga doesn't do already, and the artwork will likely not be matched. Given the biannual publishing I also don't think it's going to get filler, but rather it won't cover everything and will stop before the end.

Wow, I'm very interested in this. The manga seemed like it didn't exactly know where it was going at first, IMO, but with time it definitely has refined itself (story line as well as the artwork). As far as the anime goes, I doubt it will manage to capture the whole story thus far. The manga story line has quite a bit of meat to it really. I don't really see how they could manage it with one season. I'll tread with caution, it'd be nice to see it as an anime, but I'm sure as with Berserk, the manga will be the superior.

P.S. I just bought the 4 latest japanese volumes, anyone know anywhere online I can find text translations?

It's not surprising that it's getting a TV series considering its success

In fact it's very surprising because the author had been against an anime adaptation in the past (just like Inoue and Vagabond)

I also don't think the anime could do justice to this manga (Samurai Champloo's character designer is a good thing,but cheap studio doing the actual animation is not)

Maybe some works are just too big for adaptations...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Baldulf said:
In fact it's very surprising because the author had been against an anime adaptation in the past (just like Inoue and Vagabond)

Now that you mention it I seem to remember hearing something like that. A wise and respectable decision, IMHO, but as we can see his determination must have been bent somehow.

Baldulf said:
I also don't think the anime could do justice to this manga (Samurai Champloo's character designer is a good thing,but cheap studio doing the actual animation is not)

Well, from the links The Perineum Falcon posted we can already tell it's just generic shit. I'm not looking forward to it.

Aazealh said:
but as we can see his determination must have been bent somehow.

istockphoto_1668489_yen.jpg

When's the card game coming out? :ganishka:

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
As happy as I'd like to be about this, I'm really not. I'll give it a shot, but I really prefer manga over anime, by a long shot. Anime adaptations usually screw up stories, cut them short, or alter them completely. But we'll see what happens when it's out. I'd probably own more of the Blade manga, but Dark Horse has their prices so damn high. Plus it's tough to find!

I'm curious. The manga is drawn so sketchy (which really adds to the series' charm), it's odd to see it in anime form. I think it'll be at least a mediocre series, not to celebrate mediocrity...

I can see this turning out better than Samurai Champloo (which I thought was overrated and IMO, ran out of steam quickly).

I remain hopefully optimistic. I wonder how they will handle the musical side of the show. :???:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I don't think it looks that bad. It could work if it doesn't stray to far from the manga and keep the story going until the later volumes in the series. In my opinion the later volumes involving stories that didn't necessarily involve the main characters were best. Blade is one of my favorite manga's so I'm hoping the anime is good, though it does look horribly generic.

*cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9w5o3GAFD4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhUeKemQfDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdFWb0llH_E

EDIT: This sucks.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm not impressed. If they were going to animate it, they should've gone the OVA route like Hellsing Ultimate. I'll stick to the manga.

Top Bottom