[April Fools] Welcome to KnightOfSkeleton.net!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
As you guys must have noticed, we're changing domain names. This is because, well, simply said, it was time for us to move on and to accept the official localisation of "髑髏の騎士" into English. It would have been hypocritical not to, especially considering the way we've been pioneering the correct spellings of character names ever since the site's inception. But beyond this change that is in the end not so important, we'll try to make the site even better for our users in the future.

Best regards,

The administrative team

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Re: Welcome to KnightOfSkeleton.net!

Don't hate, pippin. They must have had a hard time making this choice, but I think it's for the best.

KOSnet just sounds better than the hideously Russian "SKnet". Truth be told.... I've had my bookmark renamed as Knight of Skeleton for a couple of years now.. the kanji is pretty cut and dry. The "の" directly translates as "of" -- I'm a Japanese major, so I know.

Congrats to the Admin team -- I know it's been a Knight of Skeleton eblem sized thorn in your side for eons now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Oh yeah and just so you guys know, from now on the name "Skull Knight" will have the same treatment as other misspellings like "Gattsu": autocorrection to the correct spelling.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human

Well, better late than never! :badbone:

Moreover I think that, the word itself "skeleton" it is more complete than a simply "skull". :carcus:

And I bet that every bone of the Knight OF skeleton was claiming -rightly- the proper importance. :miura:

It's honorable the strictly decision to grant justice to the translation.

Now the Knight of Skeleton ops, Knight OF Skeleton would be more glad. :serpico:

I like it. I was wondering why episode 37 was called Knight of Skeleton in the Dark Horse release. Keep up the good fight, guys. I, for one, appreciate it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I have to say the Knight of skeleton icon doesn't work. When will this be fixed?

Soon. We're still doing some adjustements.

Does this mean I have to change all of my "Skullknight"'s on my website too!!! What a drag! Hehehe. JK.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

DirectDK said:
Does this mean I have to change all of my "Knight of Skeleton"'s on my website too!!! What a drag! Hehehe. JK.

Think of the upside: now we use the same name AOW does.

Hah, knew this was coming! Yet another example of the fascist undercurrent in this place, where's the people's voice in this!? I demand a referendum, also I want to be able to spell "GATTTSUO" any damn way I please :puck:

Ahh my emoticons stopped working, how will I ever explain my true feelings now. >_<
I, personally, think it sounds terrible.. I don't think I could ever say it with a straight face irl.
Even if it is the real spelling, it still sounds like the antagonist of a really crappy drive in horror movie.

Actually.. I'm just waiting to see how many He-man fans are gonna drop in and go ape shit.

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN

Ouch... i was scared at first. But now i can see it is only for a better community, so well i will get used to this and Thanks.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

JetBlack said:
But now i can see it is only for a better community, so well i will get used to this and Thanks.

Exactly. We take this board very seriously, despite what some people may think. :daiba:

Jarome

The Destroyer Of Worlds

This is sad but it had to be done.

At first I was like WTF, now it's all ok...

Don't be mad folks, it probably hurts the administrative team more than us!

Wait, so this isn't some elaborate April Fools joke?
And why not Skeleton Knight? I mean really that sounds better. A lot better. I mean sure it's not as absolutely exact but it's still an accurate translation. I mean I believe it actually *is* "Gaaaattsuuuu" but you know well enough to translate it to Guts, so why not the same for this?
Just being honest here.

I do agree Skull Knight needed to change.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.

I'm glad we're finally catching up with the times here at KOS.net. While I never mentioned it for fear of backlash, I was always a strong proponent of the official name, Knight of Skeleton. But now that we've started to make progress, I feel no shame in bringing it up.

Well done, administration.

Top Bottom