[April Fools] Welcome to KnightOfSkeleton.net!

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Re: Welcome to KnightOfSkeleton.net!

Well, we do pride ourselves in being accurate. It just sounds so terribly awkward though. Well, I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

I expected it to be an April Fools joke before I even started to read the notice that was put up, but I just realized how hilarious it would be if it isn't an April Fools joke and you just held off doing such a sudden change until April 1st just to make people be sure it's an April Fools only to slowly realize that, you know, it isn't.

That's why I kinda hope this isn't an April Fools, cuz that would be funnier. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Sal said:
And why not Skeleton Knight?

Uriel explained why not earlier in the thread. It's obvious to anyone that understands Japanese. It basically reads "SKELETON OF KNIGHT", or to be more precise, "SKELETON OF HORSEMAN". The official English translation retained by Dark Horse, Art of War, Hakusensha and Young Animal has been "Knight of Skeleton" for years, so we're just finally caving in and swallowing our pride here. I assure you we're the first bothered by this change, but the quicker we get used to it, the better it'll be. It's just a name, after all.

Sal said:
I mean I believe it actually *is* "Gaaaattsuuuu"

Now I really hope this is an April Fools joke. :miura:

A.C said:
I expected it to be an April Fools joke before I even started to read the notice that was put up, but I just realized how hilarious it would be if it isn't an April Fools joke and you just held off doing such a sudden change until April 1st just to make people be sure it's an April Fools only to slowly realize that, you know, it isn't.

Well the members that were here yesterday can testify that the change actually took place on March 31. Complete coincidence here. And I don't want to sound condescending, but if you think we'd change nameservers just for a joke, you don't understand the realities of website administration. The process was started on March 29 but it took a full two days to travel around the world. Anyway, we actually have a good April Fools coming along, like we do each year, but not on April 1st because that's when everybody expects it. Maybe this year there'll really be a 20 years later time skip. ;)

Aazealh said:
Well the members that were here yesterday can testify that the change actually took place on March 31. Complete coincidence here. And I don't want to sound condescending, but if you think we'd change nameservers just for a joke, you don't understand the realities of website administration. The process was started on March 29 but it took a full two days to travel around the world. Anyway, we actually have a good April Fools coming along, like we do each year, but not on April 1st because that's when everybody expects it. Maybe this year there'll really be a 20 years later time skip. ;)

So wait... this isn't an April Fools joke? I've been sitting here all day thinking it is :serpico: :guts:
(and, no, I have no understanding of the realities of website administration.)

KnightOfSkeleton.net

jesus christ... I guess next we'll be forced to call the "Millenium Falcon Arc" the "Hawk of the Millenium Empire Arc." =)

Well I haven't been lurking the past few days sorry. Anyway, I'd more willingly accept that you decided this because of Dark Horse (who I never read anyway) than because Knight of Skeleton sounds more accurate than Skeleton Knight.
I'll blame Dark Horse rather than you.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

A.C said:
So wait... this isn't an April Fools joke? I've been sitting here all day thinking it is

Well, it's already April 2 here. Just sayin'.

A.C said:
jesus christ... I guess next we'll be forced to call the "Millenium Falcon Arc" the "Hawk of the Millenium Empire Arc." =)

It's a possibility, if it's confirmed. At least it'd clarify the whole Hawk/Falcon deal. And besides, "Millennium Falcon" is funny for about 2 minutes and then it gets old. Yeah, Star Wars, HA HA. :schierke:

Sal said:
Anyway, I'd more willingly accept that you decided this because of Dark Horse (who I never read anyway) than because Knight of Skeleton sounds more accurate than Skeleton Knight.
I'll blame Dark Horse rather than you.

Well like we said in the redirection message, it's simply that all parties involved (DH but the others as well) agree on it. We were the last to disagree, and we're only a fan site with no real word in the matter. And besides, it IS the most faithful localization anyway... If you really want to know, I wasn't exactly enchanted with the change myself. Still, it had to be done if we wanted to retain some sort of credibility in the English-speaking Berserk community.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

pippin22 said:
When I refresh page I get logged out and sent to main page. :puck:

Your cache just hasn't adjusted yet. Empty it and reopen your browser, then all should be well.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

pippin22 said:
I did, didn't help. Anyone else have this problem?

Could be that the DNS change hasn't fully reached your part of the Internet yet. If so, you'll have to be a bit patient.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I always wondered what we'd do with that domain name. It definitely served its purpose today to bring us closer to 100% correctness. Or... DID IT?

:ganishka: This was a headache to pull off correctly, and even then there were some hitches. But all that matters is that SOME of you considered it to be legit at the time. So ...
April Fools!

Good grief, thank goodness it's over. I was getting frustrated having to login every time I refreshed (just like pippin22).

Oh well, I got a laugh out of the whole affair, so it's all good. :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

I hope you guys enjoyed the show. It was more elaborate than the typical fake news article you find everywhere, and personally I was proud of the result.

For those who missed it or will want to remember what it was like many years from now, the redirection page is now available here: http://www.skullknight.net/april/namechange/

KOS.net now returns to the shadow of the glorious SK.net, who stands unflinching against the test of time... Yet It must be wary, for a new danger looms on the horizon, a domain name so awesome that the mightiest men grind their teeth at its mention...

PS: And everyone should check out Grail's new oekaki.

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN

:miura: Very well done! Now i understand why someone changed my post ... ( i was talking about April's Joke )
But guys i know that this is a HQ community so it could be ... :idea:

predictable =)

If you had made an outrageous change to the site without announcing it before April 1st (that was always going to be a permanent change anyway) then that would have been funny and clever.

Though I did like how Aaz had to come out and lie to me like Damon Lindelof of LOST in order to keep the mystery of the joke hidden a little longer.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

JetBlack said:
:miura: Very well done! Now i understand why someone changed my post ... ( i was talking about April's Joke )
But guys i know that this is a HQ community so it could be ... :idea:
A.C said:
Though I did like how Aaz had to come out and lie to me like Damon Lindelof of LOST in order to keep the mystery of the joke hidden a little longer.
Well clever jokesters like yourselves would have ruined the fun for everyone else.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

A.C said:
If you had made an outrageous change to the site without announcing it before April 1st (that was always going to be a permanent change anyway) then that would have been funny and clever.

There's one thing that's clearly not funny nor clever here, and it's you.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature

To all those haters: Get over yourselves, you got fooled!

Really got me worked up! Lets see if you can pull the wool over my eyes next year! Hopefully, I won't be half-conscious through the holiday then.

haha, I feel stupid. Man, no one ever gets me on April Fool's but this year it seems everyone did. :judo:

I'm so confused though, lol. Does this mean Skull Knight is an accurate translation?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Abul-Abbas said:
Does this mean Skull Knight is an accurate translation?

Hell yeah it is. A simple search would probably return you tons of posts about it.

Come on, "Knight of Skeleton?" :ganishka:

Yeah, I know, haha, it sounds pretty silly. I'm just trying to not incur the wrath of the Berserk gods, in case it is the way it's supposed to be. :serpico:

Uriel said:
KOSnet just sounds better than the hideously Russian "SKnet". Truth be told.... I've had my bookmark renamed as Knight of Skeleton for a couple of years now.. the kanji is pretty cut and dry. The "の" directly translates as "of" -- I'm a Japanese major, so I know.

:troll: That's great. Was this edited by mods?

Top Bottom