Daiba and the Daka after the upcoming battle (if they survive)...

What will happen to the remains of Ganishka's army? Forget the Kushan soldiers, I'm focusing on the Daka and Daiba in particular.

Does anyone think Daiba will play any role in this upcoming battle? What of the remaining Daka? It seems Ganishka will hardly need any assistance from his now 'ant-like' army. Anyone think Daiba will play any part in the future of Berserk or do you think he'll simply be accidently squished by his master?

I wonder if he and the Daka DO survive this battle, if they'd still oppose Griffith? We know the remaining Daka are on a ship somewhere. (Although I could be incorrect in regards to their current location) Daiba must've flown into Wyndham on his pet.

So with Ganishka's inevitable downfall do you think that guarantees the downfall/death of Daiba and the Daka?

Personally, I hope Daiba makes it out alive and escapes with the Daka. To what avail? I do not know.

Your thoughts...

Well considering that most of the Daka that we're aware of died at the Vritannis docks as well as in Wyndham thanks to Ganishka's acid fog. I don't think the remainder have enough numbers to pose as a serious threat, not to mention that the Daka factory no longer exists. At least not the one in Wyndham. So unless theres another Daka machine, their numbers can only diminish. If Daiba does survive the battle I imagine he would join with Griffith, get executed by the Hawks, become a free agent or return and take control of the Kushan Empire. Those are just a few of the things he could do. Because hes a magic user, I assume Griffith would either let him join or die. Also how much of his power depends on Ganishka? We know that his "pets" are from the Emperor. What is his individual potential as a magic user and what are his limits? Does he have any potential as a character? Would he have any purpose after Ganishka is defeated?
We'll find out sooner or later. :serpico:

Ramen4ever said:
not to mention that the Daka factory no longer exists. At least not the one in Wyndham.

This leave me wondering how long does it take to built the Daka factory?

Wyndham doesnt look like they were taken over by Kushan for months... not to mention years... (The midland king didnt perish for years based on the storyline)

How do Ganishka or Daiba gather so many apostles in such short time?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
What will happen to the remains of Ganishka's army? Forget the Kushan soldiers, I'm focusing on the Daka and Daiba in particular.

Well, for all we know the Daka might even already be dead, or will soon be. We don't know what happened to those that survived the Vritannis raid, but if they were stationed in Wyndham then they're gone. Assuming they weren't in Wyndham (which seems reasonable since we didn't see any of them when the fog of death cleared the streets), or that there were more of them in another, unknown location, there's the problem of how they'll survive without Ganishka. Remember that they need to be controlled by Kushan occultists of some sort (I'm reluctant to call them magic users considering how limited their knowledge and abilities seem to be). Without control, they're useless. And who gives power to those pseudo-magicians? That's right, Ganishka. Remember in episode 240 when Serpico killed four of them, fog came out of their bodies and formed Ganishka's shape. The same could be said of Daiba, who was seen breathing that same fog, and whose abilities don't seem remarkable without the help of his master (more about this below).

So in my opinion, once Ganishka's gone the Daka and Pishacha won't matter anymore. If they don't die simply because the power that sustained their lives is gone, they'll be useless instead. And even if they aren't, they're not that great of a threat when in small numbers (and not a threat at all against an army of apostles, no matter in what situation).

Proj2501 said:
Does anyone think Daiba will play any role in this upcoming battle? [...] Anyone think Daiba will play any part in the future of Berserk or do you think he'll simply be accidently squished by his master?

I don't think he'll have a significant role. That of an observer and commentator, probably, but nothing more. I also don't think he'll outlive his master for long, but that's just me. If he doesn't die during the battle, then maybe Rakshas will take care of him. It'd be interesting to see what would become of him if he survived though.

Ramen4ever said:
If Daiba does survive the battle I imagine he would join with Griffith, get executed by the Hawks, become a free agent or return and take control of the Kushan Empire.

Take control of the Kushan Empire? Now I really doubt that. He's just old and not very imposing. I don't think whatever powers he has would be nearly enough to seize control of the empire after Ganishka's death.

Ramen4ever said:
Also how much of his power depends on Ganishka? We know that his "pets" are from the Emperor. What is his individual potential as a magic user and what are his limits? Does he have any potential as a character? Would he have any purpose after Ganishka is defeated?

That's a good question. His powers when he fought Guts et al. in Vritannis were supplied by the Kundalini. We know he used to inhale Ganishka's fog too, and that his knowledge of magic is quite limited (since he didn't understand Schierke's magic at all). While we can't be sure of the precise extent of his power, so far we haven't seen him do much other than levitate and deviate fog. Both feats require the same sort of skill: minimal control over the Sylph elementals. Can he, by himself, do anything else? If so, then IMHO it's not much. To his credit, he seems to have some solid knowledge of how beherits work, but this only reinforces the idea that all his knowledge and powers come from Ganishka.

Smith said:
This leave me wondering how long does it take to built the Daka factory?

Daiba said in episode 292 that he spent his entire life creating it.

Smith said:
Wyndham doesnt look like they were taken over by Kushan for months... not to mention years... (The midland king didnt perish for years based on the storyline)

Obviously it wasn't created in Wyndham. It was transported there from its original location.

Top Bottom