DVD, how does it work?

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Just a question:

I recently ordered some DVD's from the US and as i tried to run them it didn t work!
i know that they are NTSC formated but till now i was always able to run them from my PS2 in b/w!
i already tried to put them into a code free DVD player but it didn t work either!(not able to play this region code...)
it has something to do with the region code!??
however the player i used has been code free so what is than the problem?
it should be no problem to run such dvd s?
maybe i just gotta configure my dvd playa?
is there a chip for the PS2?

i hope anybody can help me!

If the codefree player says: not able to play this region code... then the dvd player isn`t codefree. Either you have to put the player manually to region 1. Which dvd player do u have (beside PS2)?

Besides I don`t have problem with playing the dvd on mine sony dvd player.

maximus

If the codefree player says: not able to play this region code... then the dvd player isn`t codefree. Either you have to put the player manually to region 1. Which dvd player do u have (beside PS2)?
actually that s the dvd playa of a friend but it hasn t had any problem so far to play ntsc dvd s!
these ntsc discs that i can run on my ps2 in b/w are not the problem but the others...
they are from the US too but they don t run cauz the playa says: not able to play this region code...!

maybe we gotta put the playa manually to the region as u recommended!?
i ll try it!
i just wondered what the difference is between region code and the format ntsc!
are there discs without a region code?
are these regional codes just security features in addition to the different formats(pal,ntsc,secam)?
why do some of them run and some not?

NTSC has nothing to do with region protection. NTSC is the display of television. Americans en Japanese people are using NTSC. Europeans use mostlu PAL with the exception of the French which use Secam.

DVD have 2 protection. The oldest one is based on region codes. The newest one is called RCE protection which can detect your dvd player if it has been chipped. Because in the past the mod chip would only say region 0 meaning that it could play everything but with rce the dvd checked if your dvd can only play region 1.

But I can`t really say that region 1 berserk has rce protection. It would be really strange because these protection you only see on the movies which are being distro by Columbia and MGM.

btw games which r NTSC is different than dvd NTSC on dvd you have region protection ;)

Markaveli

Peace out, homie!
Well, if it won't play R1 DVDs, it's not region free. Simpel as that. You can check www.vcdhelp.com for a code to use on your friends DVD player, to play region 1 DVDs. Be aware, they don't have codes for ALL DVD players.

If you want to play them on your PS2, you can get yourselfe a Region-X, with this you can play DVDs from any region. I believe you have it in a disc form, and some thing you can stick in the back of your PS2.

NTSC doesn't really matter, like Kiki said. You'll only have problems with NTSC if you have like a really old TV wich can only play NTSC in black and white (wich I had a while ago...).

BOB

poruno sutâ
http://perso.club-internet.fr/farzeno/firmware/

this is the page that helps in turning your pc dvd drive code free. maybe it's possible to turn stand alone players code free, too. (sometimes drives for pc are the same as the ones used in the stand alone players)

there are also tools with which you can turn the drives from only playing RC0 to playing RC1 and other region codes that some dvds explicitly need. this seems to be your player's problem.

viel glück

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
reminds me of my problem with the berserk HK DVD set.

forget using the PS2 for DVD's, except for PAL Videos in 4:3. i'm curious, what dvd's did you buy?

maximus

reminds me of my problem with the berserk HK DVD set.

forget using the PS2 for DVD's, except for PAL Videos in 4:3. i'm curious, what dvd's did you buy?
mixtape vol.5;jordan to the max;Ultimate Jordan DVD;the answer;
except the mixtape nothing is running! :'(

even tried randys dvd player which is code free!

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
mixtape vol.5;jordan to the max;Ultimate Jordan DVD;the answer;
except the mixtape nothing is running! :'(

bwa... BWAHAHAHA!!!

congratulations. it's nice to see that you have to go through the same emotional drama i was going through back then when i got the HK berserk dvd's.

BOB

poruno sutâ
DVD rom drives and S-vhs cables are still my favourites when it comes to those criticle babies.
that's what all those HK heroic bloodshed movies made out of me :'(
half of those john woo and also some of my samurai movies do not work on those damn stand alone players and i am not going to buy shit like bridget jones just to have movies i can watch easily. no never nada!! !!

I still like to use a standalone dvd player. Nothing beats them when you are watching on a widescreen television. I have never had any problems with playing any dvd`s with exception when the dvd`s are faulty. Besides a dvd-rom player makes a lot of sounds...

I have both berserk version. The HK and US version both play fine on my sony standalone dvp-ns700v region and rce free player. Nothing wrong with the dvd`s.

Hehe thx. But i always buy my dvd player in Hong Kong while i live in the Netherlands. Nowadays all dvd players in HK are all region and rce free out of the box....

Markaveli63

I don't love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hehe thx. But i always buy my dvd player in Hong Kong while i live in the Netherlands. Nowadays all dvd players in HK are all region and rce free out of the box....
Hey, I'm from the Netherlands too. Do you happen to know a place where I can let my DVD player (Pioneer 343) be made region free? I have 4 DVD players, but the Pioneer is my 'own', and it can't be made region free with a code, because it needs a chip or something... Everywhere I go they say '100 euro's' and I just don't think that's worth it...

Good to see other Dutch people here ;)

Hey, I'm from the Netherlands too. Do you happen to know a place where I can let my DVD player (Pioneer 343) be made region free? I have 4 DVD players, but the Pioneer is my 'own', and it can't be made region free with a code, because it needs a chip or something... Everywhere I go they say '100 euro's' and I just don't think that's worth it...

Good to see other Dutch people here ;)

Try to inform here at http://www.audiovision.nl/. Otherwise bij a new one at mediamarkt. Beside 100 € is too much.

maximus

congratulations. it's nice to see that you have to go through the same emotional drama i was going through back then when i got the HK berserk dvd's.
u r so gruel and cold! :'(

Top Bottom