War is coming in october!

Hello all, I been a fan of War Hammer pen and paper rpg for years. I have been following the War Hammer online game and was just seeing if anyone here is planing on playing the game? If so I plan on trying to start a guild so I hope if people are interested I could start getting members.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I got a Warhammer starter set sometime in the sixth grade or so, but I couldn't convince any of my friends to play so I ended up just having my fun in the painting of the figures and I haven't touched it since. I'd be curious in an online Warhammer game, but I'm not sure if I would buy it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I don't really have time for MMORPGs currently, but I'm more interested in Age of Conan than Warhammer Online anyway. I do have to say that the game looks good so far though. Must be a real treat for the fans.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Breed1Ghost said:
Hello all, I been a fan of War Hammer pen and paper rpg for years. I have been following the War Hammer online game and was just seeing if anyone here is planing on playing the game? If so I plan on trying to start a guild so I hope if people are interested I could start getting members.
Age of Conan here. I here the WaR beta revealed that the needed to revamp their graphics engine cause it didnt look so hot. Thus why it got pushed back for the fall of this year.

I'm a die hard fan of EA Mythic's first MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot so I'm definitely interested in Warhammer Online. I don't know if I'll play it because I honestly don't have much time for any MMOs, but if it turns out to be just as good or better than DAoC (especially as far as PvP goes), I'll definitely give it a shot.

I havnt heard anything about the graphics but that would be a reason for such a long delay. But its kinda odd it looks pretty good from what i saw of the videos in the paris event oh well the better the polish the better a game should be i hope!. I have never seen or played Dark age but in the paris event videos they said they built on the ideas they already had from dark age and made them better i think in WarOnline, I think the keep siges are cloe to what Dark age was like. Yeah I hear you guys with the time issue Im not sure if i'll even have time to play, I been haven work issues so not finding the right job blows, also the change of hours form on job to the other stinks. But i will try and make time since i been waiting for this game since 2k3. Conan looks awesome but im alittle confused about it, is it like you play a single player game first then go into mmo? or is it all mmo?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Breed1Ghost said:
Conan looks awesome but im alittle confused about it, is it like you play a single player game first then go into mmo? or is it all mmo?

The beginning of the game is single player and acts like a tutorial. Then it's all multiplayer, like a normal MMORPG. I don't think it's a big deal honestly.

Yea, I'm all Age of Conan here but Warhammer doesn't look to be too bad either.

After you finish the single player part in Age of Conan don't have to go through it again on any new characters or anything, you can just skip it.

I can't wait for Warhammer I wish it would come out a bit sooner. I really like the idea that you could march to a capital city and take it over for a set amount of time while the losers can't get into their city until that time is over!. :ganishka: Also like the fact that most of the good stuff you earn if not earn all of it instead of waiting for days or months for that notorious monster to appear to only have it stolen from you in 2 seconds. :judo:.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
EndlessSky said:
Yea, I'm all Age of Conan here but Warhammer doesn't look to be too bad either.

Yeah, it's looking good indeed. I'll keep an eye on it and see how things go. :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
Hopefully they'll both succeed, but I have this nasty feeling WoW will strangle them both in their cribs. :troll:

They're not really aimed at the same public as WoW, and that's actually a blessing.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Khorne said:
Hopefully they'll both succeed, but I have this nasty feeling WoW will strangle them both in their cribs. :troll:
I think Conan and WAR will do fairly well on the sole reason that they are something new and anticipated. Iv found my self many of times just so bored in WoW and have no idea on what to do. I am sure there are many who share the same feelings. So I am looking forward to Conan to see what it brings.... already have a few IRL friends who will be joining me for it. Can't wait! :guts:

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I just pre-ordered Age of Conan today so I will be on one of the PvP servers as of the 17th. I am probably one of the few people who never played WoW as it never really appealed to me. I always thought it looked too cartoonish. AoC looks pretty amazing though. I am looking forward to the sieges, I know they were a lot of fun on Lineage II and AoC looks like it will be better than that.

Top Bottom