Soul Calibur 4

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Even calling it a "story" is an insult to other games. At the end of the day, it's a beat-em-up. Reading into any further than that is a colossal waste of time.
I thought the beat-em-up genre was confined to side-scrolling games like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe? Are there variations on the genre I don't know about, like beat-em-all? beat-em-down, or beat-em-off? (had to.)

And with this healthy addition to the thread, we make historic PAGE 2 STATUS.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I've always called them beat-em-ups.. since about being 7-8 years old.

If we want to keep them confined to "fighters" than that's fine with me. And yes, this thread, like the female characters' chests, is growing rapidly.

Walter and Uriel should get prizes for their last posts.

The story isn't bad, and they do add to it with every installment to the series, so I'm not complaining. I'd be a liar if I told you that I played the game for the story, though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I thought the beat-em-up genre was confined to side-scrolling games like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe? Are there variations on the genre I don't know about, like beat-em-all? beat-em-down, or beat-em-off? (had to.)

Beat 'em all is how we call the genre in France, though I have no idea how it came to be (maybe to help differentiate it from the "shoot 'em up" appellation?). And yeah, it's confined to side-scrolling fighting games.

Character creation is certainly a fun aspect of the game!!!!

gattusc4gd1.jpg

Top Bottom