BD's Newb Colors

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Ok guys, so I got photoshop 2 days ago, and have been messing around with coloring panels from Grappler Baki, seeing as how that has very few colorists and I was interested in doing them. Was pretty much following CnC's tutorials to the letter. As always critiques are welcome, and the more detailed critics the better, so I'll put what I consider the best(relative to other crap I did) of my colors so far.

Bombs away!

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Thanks a lot man, It's definitely much better than the others I did, these large single char panels are much easier to color for me, hoping to do a fight scene next for you guys, hopefully it'll get some people interested in Baki. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
For someone who just got Photoshop 2 days ago it's very nice. A couple of things that stand out ot me are everything seems to share a similar level of saturation and intensity, so the look is a bit flat.
Also you need to separate the hair from the color of the background, to make it stand out more. From there you can start making lighting decisions.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
^thanks CnC! will go back in and work on it tomorrow and repost :guts:

EDIT: Took me longer than expected to repost. Here's the modified version:

Forgive the cruddy lighting attempt >_<

Here's a quick color I did of Baki's father Yuujirou, displaying his Oni Reflex Muscles:

Top Bottom